GM's Running Lights

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM's Running Lights

Thanks

GM's Running Lights

Im all for saftey but in my opinion GM's daytime orange running lights are the uglyest thing, and color, ever devised........it makes the car look terrible in my opinion. Like the orange on the ION.........UCK! Either make them actual daytime lights like the new impala.......or don't make them at all...........and please for the love of God GM do not put the ugly orange on the Aura!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 GTO QSM

Re: GM's Running Lights

I actually like them... apparently it seems I'm in the minority... but I like 'em... stands out, and I dont have a prob w/ the amber color either...
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2005 QSM GTO with M6

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > QSM GTO

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MonteCarloSS86's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanRevolution
    I actually like them... apparently it seems I'm in the minority... but I like 'em... stands out, and I dont have a prob w/ the amber color either...
    I love them. I think they make the car look better. When I get my Monte Carlo, I want to find a way to make the parking lamps look this bright, that'd look mean.
    Hidden Content
    2001 BMW 325i

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

I like them better than the highbeams running at 50% power. Those can be annoying. I also like them better then the low beams running at 50% power.

I do because I see too many idiots driving at night with the DRLs on instead of their headlights. I don't really see that problem with GM cars, at least the W-Bodys, since they have auto-headlights.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 GTO QSM

avs - lol, yes, that gets on my nerves too, driving w/ DRL instead of regular low beams.
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2005 QSM GTO with M6

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > QSM GTO

Thanks

Did Gm fix their drl issue???.... Every second GM vehicle i see, one of the drl's are burnt out.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar steverino's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a_v_s
    I like them better than the highbeams running at 50% power. Those can be annoying. I also like them better then the low beams running at 50% power.

I do because I see too many idiots driving at night with the DRLs on instead of their headlights. I don't really see that problem with GM cars, at least the W-Bodys, since they have auto-headlights.
    I'm pretty sure that all GM cars have auto-headlights. As a matter of fact all DRL's go to headlights automatically at dusk
    What, Me worry - Alfred E. Neuman Hidden Content

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steverino
    I'm pretty sure that all GM cars have auto-headlights. As a matter of fact all DRL's go to headlights automatically at dusk
    I had a couple rental cars that didn't do that. I think the fleet GM cars are strippers, because I remember some of them didn't even have power locks, wheras when I looked up the same car online, it said power locks were standard.

Thanks

They have been standard on Aussie car for many years now. I think a car without them looks wrong.

Hidden Content
    “For the looks, I think the Charger tries too hard to look cool. It's the fat guy with a bald patch wearing fiery tattoos and a muscle shirt. The G8 is the mixed martial arts champion that strolls around in dockers and a golf shirt because he knows how to fight and doesn't feel the need to impress anyone with a tough guy outfit."
    Michael_S

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 mystikranger's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the amber lights because they look cool and wont blind the oncoming traffic when the sun is out.
    Hidden Content
    Current Ride:
    2007 Chevy HHR LT
    Future Ride:
    2010 Camaro SS

Banned
    Thanks

The color is meant to help you see it in a fog ,this would be a valid point in some states. Trust me it is a handy thing to have on any Car. The Canadian Government made the manufactures of cars sold in Canada after 1990 put DLR's on all .
    Last edited by 303montecarlo; 03-10-2006 at 08:41 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kool_zx3
    Did Gm fix their drl issue???.... Every second GM vehicle i see, one of the drl's are burnt out.
    To help you understand this issue ,General Motors hired a lot of engineers that were working for a company that was renting out engineers.500 are about to loose their jobs in Detroit.The thinking on this ,is new idea unproven in the field the new filaments failed.Then you know ,unless you put the truck in drive it isn't on.This now becomes a problem because if you don't have a mirror mounted in front of your Truck you will never see it,dealers have not cought on to this yet.
    Last edited by 303montecarlo; 03-10-2006 at 09:00 AM. Reason: spelling error

GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

I actually prefer the Amber lights as DRLs, I think they attract more attention then the regular Headlights.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaHoE
    I actually prefer the Amber lights as DRLs, I think they attract more attention then the regular Headlights.
    I perfer amber also, yellow helps you see in the fog... That's why true fog lights are yellow.... not orange.

I also should of said in my other post, that since every 2nd vehicle i see of gm's during the day is a gmt800 truck, that's why i always see them burnt out.

Thanks

I'm a big fan of the DRL's and auto-light feature on GM vehicles. That is one of the reasons I continue to buy GM. My 05 GP GTP has the amber DRL's. They are fine, but my previous Grand Am's had the reduced headlight DRL's, which I thought were more visable (especially here in VT during sudden snow squals). My 99 GMC Sierra had the same DRL "issue." I see the same pattern up here with 800 series trucks. Wasn't an issue with my 03 s-10 zr2. I wish all manufacturers made DRL's and auto-lamps standard equipment.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information