The End of The Monte Carlo

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The End of The Monte Carlo

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar FamilyTruckster's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Avalanche -Inferno Orange

The End of The Monte Carlo

I just recieved an email from GM. Attached was a letter from Marc Comeau(Vice President Sales, Service and Marketing for GM Canada)

May 4th will be the final day you can order a new Monte Carlo. Production will cease on June 20, 2007.

Chevrolet is making room in it's lineup for the highly anticipated new Malibu, due in October and the new Camaro due sometime in 2009.

So if you want a brand new Monte Carlo your window of opportunity is closing. You better get out to your dealer soon and order the one you want.
    Hidden Content
    GM Pro Certified Sales Consultant/Business Manager
    - 2011 Avalanche - Inferno Orange

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Old Dood's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The End of The Monte Carlo

Wow...That will piss off more then a few people...
    TRY to Think Outside of the Box!
    Dag-Nab-It! I missed the thread titled:"Woman Kicked Off Train After 16-hour Cell Phone Chat"Hidden Content

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

You are saying that the MC is gone for good or has production stopped for 2007? Sounds like it will no longer be available. So, my supercharged 2004 climbs higher in stature!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Guess no 08 model then. They better get the Camaro here soon!
    Hidden Content
    2002 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.4L (Loser Series Hidden Content ) 35MPG

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar IROCNROL1's Avatar
    Thanks

Lack of development=lack of being competitive=lack of relevance=lack of buyers=lack of reason to be around. This somehow sounds familiar.

Walking
    Thanks

Thank god the misery is over! The shockingly chintzy interior, archaic engineering and incoherent sloppy exterior design of the MC are embarrassing throwbacks to 1981. If you’ve sat in any VW, Honda, Audi, Volvo or several of GMs other vehicles, you’ll agree that the Monte interior is not competitive at all. Not surprisingly, even with mountains of cash incentives, the MCs poor sales figures reflect its desirability. Cleaning up the Chevy showroom floor of this car is a good move that will help improve the perception of the brand and make room for better products. The upcoming Malibu and the other fantastic new vehicles really shows that GM is committed to both quality and design integrity. I want Chevrolet and GM to succeed, and I know they will. But all it takes is a leader with vision and good taste to get it done. I am optimistic.

Thanks

Sad but had to be done. The Camaro will make up for it and sell better.

Hidden Content
    Current - 2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS, 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    "Flip off the sky with bleeding fingers till I die!" - Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NE1BUTU
    Thank god the misery is over! The shockingly chintzy interior, archaic engineering and incoherent sloppy exterior design of the MC are embarrassing throwbacks to 1981. If you’ve sat in any VW, Honda, Audi, Volvo or several of GMs other vehicles, you’ll agree that the Monte interior is not competitive at all. Not surprisingly, even with mountains of cash incentives, the MCs poor sales figures reflect its desirability. Cleaning up the Chevy showroom floor of this car is a good move that will help improve the perception of the brand and make room for better products. The upcoming Malibu and the other fantastic new vehicles really shows that GM is committed to both quality and design integrity. I want Chevrolet and GM to succeed, and I know they will. But all it takes is a leader with vision and good taste to get it done. I am optimistic.
    Misery? What misery? The Monte has a great interior, despite the fact its missing the PRND321 next to the shifter. Ok its not up to par with the new GMT-900's interior, but its not horrible either. I'm still trying to find the numbers, but I recall that the Monte out sells its competitor, the Toyota Solara.
    Hidden Content

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 1969CamaroSS350's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NE1BUTU
    The Monte's interior isn't all that bad and the exterior was made a lot more atractive IMO with the restyle in '06.
    Hidden Content

My Cars
    1969 Chevrolet Camaro - In The Process Of Being Restored, 350 V8 and 2-Speed PowerGlide
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Daytona 500 Pace Car Replica, S/C 3800, 66,000 miles
    1993 Toyota Corolla LE, 1.8 DOHC, 165,605 miles as of 7/24
    "I didn't mean to wreck him, I just meant to rattle his cage a bit." - Dale Earnhardt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1969CamaroSS350
    The Monte's interior isn't all that bad and the exterior was made a lot more atractive IMO with the restyle in '06.
    Yep true. Depending on the cost, i was thinking of getting my monte reskinned to look like an 06.
    Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

It seems like there's a lot of '00-05 Montes around here, but the newest style seems to be rare.

I agree though, the midsize coupe class is dead, especially if its FWD. Like who actually cross shops a Mustang and an MC?

And I've never liked the '00+ styling much. The side profile is okay but the front and rear are ugly.
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Swahili's Avatar
    Thanks

Hate to see it go but I can understand why. I pray that the Zeta cars other than the Camaro have some interesting styling but I'll have to wait and see.

Sad to see the Monte Carlo go.
    Hidden Content

2000 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. Black, 3800 Series II V6, 4 speed automatic - 150,500km.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar FamilyTruckster's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Avalanche -Inferno Orange

I won't miss it. I have sold a grand total of 0 MCs in the last 4 years. We have sold a few used but that is it.
    Hidden Content
    GM Pro Certified Sales Consultant/Business Manager
    - 2011 Avalanche - Inferno Orange

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy
    I'm still trying to find the numbers, but I recall that the Monte out sells its competitor, the Toyota Solara.
    I think the solara got canned too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,998 Times in 1,827 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 69nova
    You are saying that the MC is gone for good or has production stopped for 2007? Sounds like it will no longer be available. So, my supercharged 2004 climbs higher in stature!

Gone.

Ended.

Kaput.

Virtually all production in the last 2 years have going to rental fleets. Very very few people buy them at retail for personal use. As the post read, they are making room at the plant for the new Malibu which should (fingers crossed) sell well enough to take up the production capacity
    "The Four Most Over-Rated Things In Life Are Champagne, Lobster, An*l Sex, And Picnics."

-Christopher Hitchens

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information