Do-it-yourself dent removal kits: Worth the $$$?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Do-it-yourself dent removal kits: Worth the $$$?

Thanks

Do-it-yourself dent removal kits: Worth the $$$?

I have two somewhat large dents on both of my rear fenders (as well as several small dings but I don't care too much about those). They've been there for a while and I'm sick of looking at them. Do those do-it-yourself dent removal kits actually work or am I going to need a professinal to take care of them? I can provide pictures of the dents if it helps.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 jro4566's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do-it-yourself dent removal kits: Worth the $$$?

I've seen this yellow-plastic-thing on several TV commercials where they advertise "just twist and pop" and the dent is magically removed because the suction pulls it into its normal position. Supposedly, it works on SOME dents (very minor ones atleast.)

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

Administrator Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do-it-yourself dent removal kits: Worth the $$$?

It really really really depends on the dent.

Sometimes, it will reverse the dent too much, and you'll end up with a bump.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information