Code name ZERV - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Code name ZERV

Thanks
    Thanked 2,342 Times in 1,337 Posts

Re: Code name ZERV

Wow, poor GM, they just can't seem to plug that hole!!! Dude must've taken pictures of everything at once so if he got ****canned, he could keep leaking photos!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

It's been the 12 Days Of Christmas.

Tomorrow's pic(s) should really be something.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,060 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Quote Originally Posted by asrapid1 View Post
    The part where there is a head cover..don't look like DOHC (rumored)..but who knows
    What do you guys see here? Is the transmission behind the engine and is that a radiator or a bumper behind the transmission? Are those cadalytic converters over the transmission?

Is that the firewall to the left of the transmission or is that the rear bumper honeycomb? Or is it a radiator out back? To the left of the transmission?

Who can tell?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    What do you guys see here?

Is the transmission behind the engine and is that a radiator or a bumper behind the transmission?

Yes trans is rearward, airbox behind that. Radiator or bumper not shown.

Are those cadalytic converters over the transmission?

Yes.

Is that the firewall to the left of the transmission or is that the rear bumper honeycomb?

Neither.

Or is it a radiator out back? To the left of the transmission?

No. Radiator expected to be in front, in the Frunk.

Who can tell?
    See above.

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,050 Times in 1,850 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    Wow, poor GM, they just can't seem to plug that hole!!! Dude must've taken pictures of everything at once so if he got ****canned, he could keep leaking photos!!
    I thinks it's highly likely that GM are the ones leaking the info. The whole 'cease and desist' lawyer thing is to give an air of legitimacy to the notion that it's an actual unauthorized leak. It's just part of the hype train that's pulling out of the station. Just like the spy shots that are really 'photo opportunities' stage by various manufacturers.

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Surely if this is being launched at Detroit, then some 'official' teasers should surface soon. I actually think the Geneva Auto Show in March would be a better place to launch it, so as to serve notice to the Europeans that Corvette (as a Brand) is expanding, and is about to take names. Not that Corvette hasn't already been taking names, but the few that thought they were safe are about to get served.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,060 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    Surely if this is being launched at Detroit, then some 'official' teasers should surface soon. I actually think the Geneva Auto Show in March would be a better place to launch it, so as to serve notice to the Europeans that Corvette (as a Brand) is expanding, and is about to take names. Not that Corvette hasn't already been taking names, but the few that thought they were safe are about to get served.

Actually that's ingenius....launch the corvette brand in Europe would be cool as hell...lol

An all electric cuv the size of a Macan with blistering performance....as well as the rear mid engine c8...

Won't happen but it would be cool under the corvette banner in a boutique type sales distribution system...

Jaguars new i pace all electric cuv is going to outstrip supply and all other jaguar sales as soon as production constraints are dealt with....

The price tags a little high starting at 76 grand and reaching to 92 thousand...

GM could easily beat the performance of the i pace and the price point as well..

Whoever produces a Macan priced all ev performance cuv starting at fifty grand will hold the new title of best seller in that price segment...

Optioning up the vehicle should add tens of thousands just like Porsche does...to the Macan..

Actually the corvette team does a good job at this as well...

The base msrp of the c7 is 56 grand and will in its final year of production reach up to around 140 grand as a fully optioned zr1...

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    Actually that's ingenius....launch the corvette brand in Europe would be cool as hell...lol

An all electric cuv the size of a Macan with blistering performance....as well as the rear mid engine c8...

Won't happen but it would be cool under the corvette banner in a boutique type sales distribution system...

Jaguars new i pace all electric cuv is going to outstrip supply and all other jaguar sales as soon as production constraints are dealt with....

The price tags a little high starting at 76 grand and reaching to 92 thousand...

GM could easily beat the performance of the i pace and the price point as well..

Whoever produces a Macan priced all ev performance cuv starting at fifty grand will hold the new title of best seller in that price segment...

Optioning up the vehicle should add tens of thousands just like Porsche does...to the Macan..

Actually the corvette team does a good job at this as well...

The base msrp of the c7 is 56 grand and will in its final year of production reach up to around 140 grand as a fully optioned zr1...

Where did you see the pricing for the I-Pace? They originally were talking about 10-15% higher than a similar optioned F-pace, so I thought mid $50K to mid $80K. Even at the price you quoted they'll sell every one IMO.

Re: The Corvette in Europe. CORVETTE as a name has huge brand equity, and long term I'd have a small front engined RWD AND AWD MANTA RAY, the traditional front Engine (STING-RAY) RWD C7 Type Vette and the forthcoming C8 ME 'MAKO' Vette. They also need a Panamera competitor and a CUV/SUV. The of course some kind of Electric Vette.

Btw. The I-Pace production has been sub contracted out to Magna in Graz Austria, so if demand is better than expected I'm sure Magna/JLR have a contingency for that particular scenario.
    Last edited by SKH; 12-24-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks

There's a rumor that the R8 is done by 2020.

Seems Audi thinks 2019 will be a good year for GM ME cars.

My build and price was $204K, I think GM will beat that by a bunch and have more than their 610hp, too.

https://jalopnik.com/audi-might-kill...ort-1821530479

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Carbide For This Useful Post:

dslay04 (12-26-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 648 Posts

And the engine..it looks like twin turbo DOHC.
    Last edited by asrapid1; 12-26-2017 at 02:23 AM.

Thanks

Wow, Gen 6 LT7

I wonder what will change to bring about an all new generation of small block??!!??

Has to be DOHC right? The dual injection on the ZR1 didn't warrant a new gen designation...
    Quote Originally Posted by asrapid1 View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, your next Gen smallblock is indeed DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by ZERV, on corvetteforum
    Merry Christmas, the last for now
    Happy Holidays to you sir. The internet salutes you and your scrumptious morsels!!
    Last edited by JimmyDiablo; 12-26-2017 at 06:42 AM.

News Contributor Premium Member EJD1984's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,396 Times in 1,170 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra

These pictures look like someone, maybe non-GM employee on a tour/visiting, snapped the pictures from a workstation or two with their cellphone.

Heck, it could have been the custodian no one pays attention to.

Thanks

I'm shocked, just shocked that it appears to be a DOHC.

There is some expectation of a sub 4.0L version for racing purposes, but that may only apply to factory race team versions.

I'm gonna really laugh if the biggest motor does turn out to be 5.5L.

Note the apparent integrated exhaust in the head a la 3.6L LFX/LGX that stubs out directly to a turbo on each side.

No boat style upswept headers like on the NA version.
    Last edited by Carbide; 12-26-2017 at 10:11 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Carbide For This Useful Post:

dslay04 (12-26-2017)

Thanks

Don't be too shocked just yet, we don't know who's getting what version. Corvette may get the NA & SC OHV, and Cadillac may get the TT DOHC. Or they are all for Cadillac, or they are all for Corvette, or they are just testing this and that and will end up with just one or the other. The possibilities are endless. We could even end up with nothing because the program gets cancelled due to whatever reason.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 eb110americana's Avatar
    Thanks

A note from the front page article:

Quote Originally Posted by GMI/Michael Accardi
    ...the image shows a longitudinally mounted V8 with...plumbing for the turbos that snake around themselves from back to front as it runs from the rear, centrally mounted intercooler.
    This is not correct. What looks like "a rear, centrally mounted intercooler" is actually the airbox, as you will note that it is situated before the turbos in the intake plumbing. The two large, purple "plenum" boxes atop the engine are air-to-water intercoolers, much like the intercoolers that sit on top of the upside-down superchargers of the current OHV V8s like the LSA, LS9, LT4, and LT5. You can tell that this is so, due to the red and blue water pipes joining the two heat exchangers at the rear of the engine. Where that water is ultimately plumbed to in order to shed its heat back into the air stream, I do not know.
    Last edited by eb110americana; 12-27-2017 at 11:51 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to eb110americana For This Useful Post:

jzchev28 (12-27-2017)

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information