Autoextremist: Nascar's problem is our problem

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Autoextremist: Nascar's problem is our problem

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 905 Posts

Autoextremist: Nascar's problem is our problem

Here PDL AE rant of the week www.autoextremist.com
    NASCAR’S PROBLEM IS OUR PROBLEM.
    DateMONDAY, JUNE 22, 2020 AT 01:44PM
    By Peter M. DeLorenzo

Detroit. CAUTION: For all of you out there with the attitude of “I should stick to cars,” I am not going to apologize for this column. And frankly, if it bothers you that I would deign to write something “off topic” well, I don’t frickin’ care what you think. You’re welcome to change the channel if you don’t like what I have to say.

The news that a noose was found in Bubba Wallace’s garage at the Talladega Superspeedway Sunday night – before the rain-delayed NASCAR Cup race was scheduled to take place Monday afternoon – blew up the news cycle and deservedly so. Wallace, who drives for Richard Petty Motorsports, is the only African American driver who races full time at the top level of NASCAR. It was direct pressure by Wallace that led NASCAR to ban the Confederate flag at its tracks and events just two weeks ago. Anyone who knows anything about the history of NASCAR knows that this was a hugely transformative decision, as Confederate flags have been brought to its tracks and displayed by its fans for decades.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,753 Times in 4,673 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Re: Autoextremist: Nascar's problem is our problem

Stick to cars, Peter. And you're right, nobody gives a damn about your political views. This goes beyond GMI guidelines, will probably be locked.
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 06-23-2020 at 09:08 AM.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-23-2020),ehaase (06-23-2020),Rumpole (06-23-2020)

ZQ8
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

This goes beyond GMI guidelines, and should be locked and removed per the GMI rules.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ZQ8 For This Useful Post:

Vagon11 (06-23-2020)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    14 A/T 6.2 BEAST MODE

I don't know maybe we should allow the FBI and authority's to have their investigation first before the stone casting begins, or do we need a reminder of the 2 Nigerian make America great again hat wearing trump supporters from Chicago? What is stupid are the talking heads clearly that have an ax to grind with the sport and it's fan base not even taking the 3 seconds to realize that no fans were allowed near the pits and garages. This was not a fan imo, it was either a track employee or worse a NASCAR team member! My guess would be a track employee or i'm at least hoping that is the case right now. Security is said to be pretty tight at this track so hopefully we will get some kind of conclusion to this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigdog For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (06-23-2020)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD/VetGS/19/white

Quote Originally Posted by ZQ8 View Post
    This goes beyond GMI guidelines, and should be locked and removed per the GMI rules.
    Agreed, can we stick to cars on GMI. Vette forum manages much better at keeping politics out of topics. Maybe they should disable the bot until they can teach it to stick to cars.

Thanks
    My Ride
    14 A/T 6.2 BEAST MODE

And this is why you don't go full #@#@#@ as they would say in tropical thunder haha.

The noose was nothing more then a garage door pull rope confirmed to have been in the garage since early 2019!

And yeah I wont hold my breath to see the countless media talking heads who essentially blanketly called all Nascar fans racist to apologize as they never do.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigdog For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (06-23-2020)

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,701 Times in 1,396 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FenwickHockey65 For This Useful Post:

kmacleod (06-25-2020)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information