2019 Muscle Cars overlaps crash test Video - Page 4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 Muscle Cars overlaps crash test Video

Thanks

Re: 2019 Muscle Cars overlaps crash test Video

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    The old Mercedes frame just doesn’t perform well, neither does the Mustang get good ratings.. however , acceptable, seems like Chevrolet needs to improve its roof strength, all in all, avoid the Challenger, pay a little more for the Chevrolet or Ford.
    Sorry to butt in...I may have injected the "At all costs" piece but you definitely said avoid the Challenger.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,384 Times in 3,108 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Sorry to butt in...I may have injected the "At all costs" piece but you definitely said avoid the Challenger.
    This is a more reasonable and measured approach to the discussion. Jeez, this is a forum and no one hates any cars.. We are fans of some brands over others, but Jeez.. sometimes people get carried away, like fastrod… man, you would think I said Challenger is made of straw and camaro is made of bricks and customers are big bad wolfs...

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 fastrehotrods's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 Times in 709 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Ram Sport 4X4

Who said a Challenger should be avoided at all costs? or people are going to die? Man, you have an attitude problem.. you make 'shtufff' up in your head and assign it to people
    So it's okay for you to embellish the importance of one test result, and tell people to avoid the Challenger and buy Mustang or Camaro instead..... but I can't use a little exaggeration or hyperbole in my posting or responses? Exact, literal responses for you and no sarcasm... duly noted.

This is a more reasonable and measured approach to the discussion. Jeez, this is a forum and no one hates any cars.. We are fans of some brands over others, but Jeez.. sometimes people get carried away, like fastrod… man, you would think I said Challenger is made of straw and camaro is made of bricks and customers are big bad wolfs...
    Nah, people hate Ram and Challenger/Charger (and Ford) on here all the time on this page, actually never seen so many people hate on other cars like I do with this forum (even the Camaro and Chevelle forums I use are very civil with other brands, Pontiac purists are rather insecure though). There are very few on this site that actually view cars through impartial eyes. And that was carried away? Sorry if you think that, it seemed like a perfectly fair assessment to say that nobody should buy any GM trucks since they failed the same test as the Challenger. Just adding discussion to this page.
    The Stable: 2014 Ram Sport 4x4 with 18" Method Racing MR310's wrapped in 35's, 71 Firebird Formula 455 Ridetech equipped, 57 Ford Custom 300, 66 GTO 4 speed, 67 Camaro LT1/T56, 70 El Camino, 71 Camaro future LSX, 82 Z28, 63 Thunderbird, 75 Pontiac Astre GT 406, 65 Dart 318, 87 S10 Blazer, 88 Silverado, 58 Edsel Pacer, 64 Volvo 544. Past: 98 Trans Am 6 speed-432 rwhp, 71 Chevelle SS 454, 71 Camaro 350/4 speed, 66 Mustang 393/T5, 86 GMC Jimmy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fastrehotrods For This Useful Post:

Let Them Fail (05-09-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fastrehotrods View Post
    So it's okay for you to embellish the importance of one test result, and tell people to avoid the Challenger and buy Mustang or Camaro instead..... but I can't use a little exaggeration or hyperbole in my posting or responses? Exact, literal responses for you and no sarcasm... duly noted.

Nah, people hate Ram and Challenger/Charger (and Ford) on here all the time on this page, actually never seen so many people hate on other cars like I do with this forum (even the Camaro and Chevelle forums I use are very civil with other brands, Pontiac purists are rather insecure though). There are very few on this site that actually view cars through impartial eyes. And that was carried away? Sorry if you think that, it seemed like a perfectly fair assessment to say that nobody should buy any GM trucks since they failed the same test as the Challenger. Just adding discussion to this page.
    Thank you!!! I never understood rabid car brand fanboi-ism, they're not paying me, they're not going to the superbowl/nba finals/etc...I don't owe a single brand an ounce of loyalty, its supposed to be the other way around. You want to keep my business, don't make s---ty cars, make stuff that I can see myself putting $40-50K on. Don't approach car building the same way house flippers approach flipping houses, i.e. cutting corners in one area while trying to dazzle me w/ BS elsewhere (cough Carbon Bed).
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

fastrehotrods (05-08-2019),Let Them Fail (05-09-2019),Mr.Buttons (05-10-2019),ryannel2003 (05-08-2019)

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 fastrehotrods's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 Times in 709 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Ram Sport 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Thank you!!! I never understood rabid car brand fanboi-ism, they're not paying me, they're not going to the superbowl/nba finals/etc...I don't owe a single brand an ounce of loyalty, its supposed to be the other way around. You want to keep my business, don't make s---ty cars, make stuff that I can see myself putting $40-50K on. Don't approach car building the same way house flippers approach flipping houses, i.e. cutting corners in one area while trying to dazzle me w/ BS elsewhere (cough Carbon Bed).
    I don't see any reason whatsoever to be a die hard, rabid fan for any brand anymore. It's not the 60's... back then I could absolutely see reason, when every division was truly different and you could tell in the fundamental designs of the cars. Like take apart a 68 Camaro versus a 68 Firebird, and aside from the shared platform, there is so much more engineering and detail in the Pontiac team, just in the front end and bumper structure alone. 67 GTO to 67 Chevelle, 68 Buick GS to 68 Chevelle, I have firsthand experience with all and they were so cool in their differences back then. Probably the biggest one was Buick. My dad is restoring a 65 Buick Riviera right now and I've been helping with that, it's pretty awesome really how much additional detail these factory showcars got. Back when you could tell a Buick, from a Chevy, to a Pontiac, to a Ford, to a Mopar... back when they were truly unique from one-another.

But I digress, sorry, I get a little passionate about my old cars. But on the flipside of that... I started to lose my love for GM like 15 years or so ago. Cool stuff like the formerly attainable fun cars like the SS's (heck, even the Monte and Impala SS's), the middle classed CTS-V, the bargain C5 Z06 just started to vanish. Then they killed Pontiac. The first new vehicle I wanted to buy was an Avalanche, but that died. Suddenly there wasn't much in the GM lineup that interested me, I had to try and find reasons why I was a "GM" guy, I couldn't come up with good ones. Then I notice the cost cutting on the average Joe vehicles, like the Silverado (along with being not as nicely styled IMO), everything being 3.6L FWD, and GM playing it way too conservative in their releases, I can't say I'm a GM diehard anymore.

So now I'm completely changed from who I was 15 years ago. I'll look at anything with an open mind, which is why I decided on a Ram after I saw a beautiful restyled black Sport in 2013. The look got me onto the dealer lot, which sold me. There are products from Ford I like, even Kia and Hyundai have been putting out good stuff. Heck, there are some Toyota's and Lexus's that I think look decent, and I can see why people buy them... that's something I NEVER thought I'd say.

At the end of the day, all car companies these days are just big corporations trying to please shareholders with profits. Some try to please their shareholders with huge ATP's and being "green", others try to show it by increasing marketshare by building awesome hotrods, and giving the consumer the best value, so it just comes down to which corporation builds the product you want to buy. FCA got my last car purchase, and if I were to buy something else in the future, they'd be my first. But that can change, the pendulum can swing back to GM, they just need to make something I feel is worthy of my hard earned money.
    The Stable: 2014 Ram Sport 4x4 with 18" Method Racing MR310's wrapped in 35's, 71 Firebird Formula 455 Ridetech equipped, 57 Ford Custom 300, 66 GTO 4 speed, 67 Camaro LT1/T56, 70 El Camino, 71 Camaro future LSX, 82 Z28, 63 Thunderbird, 75 Pontiac Astre GT 406, 65 Dart 318, 87 S10 Blazer, 88 Silverado, 58 Edsel Pacer, 64 Volvo 544. Past: 98 Trans Am 6 speed-432 rwhp, 71 Chevelle SS 454, 71 Camaro 350/4 speed, 66 Mustang 393/T5, 86 GMC Jimmy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fastrehotrods For This Useful Post:

Let Them Fail (05-09-2019),Mr.Buttons (05-10-2019)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information