2007 Cadillac Escalade full test drive. - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 Cadillac Escalade full test drive.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 griswold44's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2007 Cadillac Escalade full test drive.

Quote Originally Posted by asim
    Some of the dealers don't want people to test drive the new Escalades, not unless you seem really serious...especially because they don't have many of them on the lot.
    Why wouldn't they let people test drive them? That's basically saying we don't want your business, get lost.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by griswold44
    Why wouldn't they let people test drive them? That's basically saying we don't want your business, get lost.
    It seems that some dealers just don't like money. A Lincoln dealer would not let me test drive a Mark LSC in 1988. I may or may not have bought it, but I did buy a Bonneville SSE from the dealer down the street.
    Some of my radios are on Hidden Content - FStephenMasek
    My company: Hidden Content

Thanks

quality review, yep GM can produce world class work.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Level I Members
    Thanks

especially because they don't have many of them on the lot
    They had two 2007 models. White Diamond, one silver, interior one beige and one black on the inside. They had one 2006 Escalade ESV platinum, two 2006 models, one EXT from 2006 and one brand new 2005 model.

Level I Members
    Thanks

You thinking about buying one, or was
    I just wanted to test drive one since I sat in one at the autoshow. Also, I wanted to drive it before I read any magazine reviews.

the review just a contribution to GMI?
    I really did want to contribute my opinion to this expensive and important GM model. Also, I know I lot of people have gotten offended before for the way I treat GM cars, but this truck really deserves a lot of respect and GM really deserves a lot of credit for making this product.

Couple things I would like to see different are minor:

1. Get rid of the uncomfortable steering wheel wood trim.
    2. I would like to see some leather on the inside of the door handle pull on the interior.
    3. Column shifter really has to go. It can stay on the Tahoe but on the Escalade it really needs to go.
    4. Power second row seats are a waste in my opinion.

Again, these things are really minor.

Also, the climate control system (while a little low on the dash) is very easy to use. It so simple to turn the temp up/down or off. All you do to turn it off is push one of the knobs.

The truck has very well designed cupholders, a bottle holder on the door. Front visibility is very good as well.

Level I Members
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FStephenMasek
    How can any vehicle with a solid rear axle ride smoothly? They may have made the springs soft, but that hurts handling, and still does nothing for a bump on one side affecting the other. For the money, it should have an independent rear suspension, and there is no valid excuse, except poverty,
    Well this truck rides smoothly. Maybe not as smooth as a IRS but it is still pretty smooth. Also, the new rack and pinion steering makes steering alot more responsive.

Level I Members
    Thanks

One other things that needs tweaking is the personal calling through Onstar. It had trouble hear my voice and the read back to you takes forever.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 69Firebird400's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '13 S6, '13 Sienna, '17 Q5

Quote Originally Posted by pagemaster
    Well this truck rides smoothly. Maybe not as smooth as a IRS but it is still pretty smooth. Also, the new rack and pinion steering makes steering alot more responsive.
    From what I know, the only performance advantage of IRS over a solid axle in the rear is handling on rough roads. Otherwise, I think the only other advantage that the IRS offers in an SUV is in packaging - the ability to have a rear seat that folds flat into the floor.
    Hidden Content
    2013 Audi S6 4.0T quattro
    2013 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD

Level I Members
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 69Firebird400
    From what I know, the only performance advantage of IRS over a solid axle in the rear is handling on rough roads. Otherwise, I think the only other advantage that the IRS offers in an SUV is in packaging - the ability to have a rear seat that folds flat into the floor.
    It will also help on simple routine handling. The ride will be very smooth as well if tuned to be smooth. The Escalade with the solid rear axle was still very smooth.

Thanks

Yes, let's all give Pagemaster his due for an objective, well-written review.

Kudos. Well-done.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Good review. Sounds like this Escalade will be as big of a hit as the old one was.
    Proud driver of a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    5.2 Magnum V8
    164,000 miles

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar impala02's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 GMC Acadia

Quote Originally Posted by FStephenMasek
    How can any vehicle with a solid rear axle ride smoothly? They may have made the springs soft, but that hurts handling, and still does nothing for a bump on one side affecting the other. For the money, it should have an independent rear suspension, and there is no valid excuse, except poverty, for GM not to have included an independent rear suspension in the new design. I just saw two of them on the freeways in LA yesterday and they do look nice, except for that wide chrome band on the tailgate.
    This is from the Edmunds review on the Yukon Denali. I think the suspension setup is the same on the Escalade. -

"Our initial drive led us to believe the new suspension is the star of the show, with electronically adjusting shocks and a stiffer frame providing an impressive amount of control and confidence in the 5,200-plus-pound vehicle as it cruised the two-lane highways of the region. Essentially, the optional electronic-damper system stiffens and loosens the suspension, depending on the vehicle's load and speed, enhancing the ability of the coil-over-shock front and five-link rear system to handle the loads created by a large vehicle at speed."

"GMC's Yukon gives the driver a surprising amount of control and confidence thanks to an improved suspension system and the optional electronic adaptive-shock system." http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...leId=109578#18

It doesn't sound like the testers at Edmunds thought the SRA affected ride quality or handling in a negative way.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information