GM Inside News Forum banner

Wuling Hong Guang X SUV Teased

5K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  TruckMan 
#1 ·
Carscoops

Back in April this year, Chinese media reported that the Wuling brand had plans to go global, with three models to fuel its expansion.

According to slides from an internal presentation that leaked online, one of the models will be an SUV presented under the Ursa name at the time. Now, the brand owned by the SAIC-GM-Wuling joint venture has revealed official teaser images of the concept version of the SUV, which will be known as the Hong Guang X.

Comparing the teaser images with those from the leaked presentation makes it pretty clear that we’re talking about the same vehicle. Why the different names, then? Well, Wuling will probably name the SUV Ursa in export markets, with the Hong Guang X nameplate reserved for the domestic market.

See less See more
#15 ·
In this teaser picture, I like what I see. I especially like the line that intersects horizontally with the door handle and ends at both ends in a triangle under the A and C pillars. But, sadly, once the entire vehicle is visible, it visually falls apart into a mess. The front angle doesn't have a single appealing line.

Wonder what the red color is called "Comrade Red"?

#20 ·
I don't mind it except for the dip in the roof. There is so much light reflecting that it does make it hard to judge the rest of car. I found that the Chinese have a different way of looking at cars. They will like a front, like a side and like a rear but are not overly concerned if the three aren't in harmony (this is just my impression). the name suggests "great light" as the model name or perhaps shining light in marketing speak. Although photos and computer displays can change how the colour shows I suspect I would like the colour in the metal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.