GMC Trax Version? "I think that is certainly possible," Trax Chief Engineer Says. - Page 9

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: GMC Trax Version? "I think that is certainly possible," Trax Chief Engineer Says.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Re: GMC Trax Version? "I think that is certainly possible," Trax Chief Engineer Says.

Quote Originally Posted by NoStopN View Post
    I think we all know that GMC is already printing money right now. But, I agree that GMC still could build more brand cache.
    They make money, yes. Their brand cachet is outside of Denali is merely okay.

If GM were smart, they'd realize that people would throw down ~$60,000 for an Envoy Denali just as easily as they would for a ~$40,000 Terrain Denali. There's more money to be made, but GM doesn't realize it.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar GM-Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevrolet Impala

Re: GMC Trax Version? "I think that is certainly possible," Trax Chief Engineer Says.

That's a mistake, no need to rebadge everything. That only scenario it would work is in a market where Buick is not present; so maybe the Middle East.
    Sold:
    2007 Pontiac Grand Prix (105k mi.).
    1997 Saab 900 2.0 Turbo(150k+ mi.)
    Retired:
    1987 Chevrolet Silverado 10 (retired 11/12/2007; 219,986 mi.)
    Dead:
    1983 Datsun 280 ZX by Nissan (146,857 mi.)
    1986 Lincoln Mercury Lynx (64K mi.)
    1979 Chrysler Cordoba w/ Corinthian Leather seats (130K mi.)
    1976 Dodge Charger (130K mi.)

News Contributor Premium Member V8GMT360 Guy's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    08 Sierra A/T, 09 Envoy Denali

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    Fully spec'd Grand Cherokees (non SRT) top out around $57,000. An SRT can touch $70,000. The Grand Cherokee can do it, so why can't the Envoy?

I don't see why an Envoy Denali with a 6.2L V8 in it can't top out at $60,000. Even at that price, they'd sell by the bushel full, and print money for GM. IMHO a ~$60,000 ceiling is appropriate for an all new Envoy Denali.
    Well, ok... with a 6.2L under the hood I can MAYBE see a $60K ceiling. I wasn't figuring GM would do that though; they'd probably utilize the 5.3L just like the old ones, and no way would I pay $60K for that. Our 2009 Envoy Denali had a sticker of $41k and without some significant content upgrades I can't see a $19k increase flying with many people. Certainly not with me.
    Proud owner of two elegant/classy GMCs:

2008 GMC Sierra "All Terrain" Crew Cab 5.3L/FFV - Stealth Gray Metallic/Ebony
    2009 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3L - Switchblade Silver/Ebony

Future owner of... good question.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 8,770 Times in 5,645 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Railfan View Post
    INstead of wasting their time duplicating product, why not do something more useful, like putting the Voltec technology into the Trax; thereby expanding the Volt lineup from just a sedan to now include a CUV. From what I can see, there is a developing market for this type of vehicle that other auto manufacturers are paying attention to. Will GM be late to this dance as well?
    How about Voltec in a truck and actually bring GMC closer to the cutting edge of both technology and design?

C-clamp headlights... OOOOOOOOH.

Quote Originally Posted by V8GMT360 Guy View Post
    Well, ok... with a 6.2L under the hood I can MAYBE see a $60K ceiling. I wasn't figuring GM would do that though; they'd probably utilize the 5.3L just like the old ones, and no way would I pay $60K for that. Our 2009 Envoy Denali had a sticker of $41k and without some significant content upgrades I can't see a $19k increase flying with many people. Certainly not with me.
    With an LF3, it'd do just fine. Maybe throw in a diesel option.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Please do not do a badge engineering job here. Every division does not needs its own version of the same vehicle. This is a big part of what got GM going down the wrong road in the first place.
    I agree the Granite would have been awesome, but I cannot imagine it is possible. Pity.
    If GMC will get a subcompact CUV, it must look completely unique and more rugged than a rebadged Buick with new sheet metal could be.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sean975 For This Useful Post:

Ute (12-08-2014)

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks
    My Ride
    ELR/2014/RED

Quote Originally Posted by ausrutherford View Post
    There is no need for a Terrain-Equinox relationship for the Trax. Do something different. Something that Chevy doesn't offer!
    That would be called GRANIT !!

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by V8GMT360 Guy View Post
    I'd like to see a 3.6L V6 standard, with a 6.2L V8 option. A diesel option would be nice, too. Forget the 5.3L IMHO. It'd net the same FE as the 6.2L, it would be slower, and it probably wouldn't be able to tow as much.
    Current:

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMJoe View Post
    Whole heartedly agree. Mazda and Honda have upped the ante with their new small crossover interiors. They're equal to or better than Encore's and will sell for less. Trax's cheap plasticky interior pales in comparison. GM will need to upgrade it fast(2016) to stay in the ball game. Throw in the 1.6 Turbo as well.
    Yeah, the vehicle is a good start, but an upgraded interior and the 1.6T, or 1.5T if it's coming soon, would help a ton.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Silverado 4X4 Black

Agreed

Walking
    Thanks

If they simply would have came out with the Granite, they would have been ahead of the game. SMH.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by tharris7919 View Post
    If they simply would have came out with the Granite, they would have been ahead of the game. SMH.
    If GM had came out with a lot of different things, they would have been ahead of the game.

They're just super slow to react and don't take risks. Granted, risks can be potential money losers, but they can also make you a ton of cash as well. GM generally refuses to take risks, but when they do take risks, it comes back to bite them in the ass.
    Current:

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

^GOLD^

Hidden Content

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information