The 2022 GMC Jimmy Could Be GM's Answer to the Jeep Wrangler - Page 5

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The 2022 GMC Jimmy Could Be GM's Answer to the Jeep Wrangler

Thanks
    My Ride
    2018 Chevy 3500 CC, LB Duramax

Re: The 2022 GMC Jimmy Could Be GM's Answer to the Jeep Wrangler

Well I guess we just disagree on the impact of low GCVW. I will make the concession that some buyers don't care about the numbers. They will buy what they want to buy and pull what they want to pull. These are typically private individuals. However fleet buyers don't operate that way, and many HD's are bought for business. If I am fleet buyer and I am pulling or carrying heavy, if that weight is over the GM spec, GM is out of bid, end of story. If I am just under the GM spec, I can operate the GM truck near capacity but if we buy Ford or Ram I still have an additional 7-9K of capacity. The perception is that the other trucks are operating well under their capacity while the GM truck is maxed thus working harder and you could expect less life out of a truck working at its capacity than one that isn't. I think that effects sales.

I do recall the low step height. However changes to frame design have made the GM HD's as tall as the other two. Which may be why nerf bars or running boards can be ordered from GM with your pickup. I actually think a set of boards was standard on my 3500, although I deleted them. I think the current ride height look good and have more ground clearance than previous. I think that low ground clearance of previous gens actually hurt it in the HD arena. They dragged their bottom over rough terrain and they did not look as robust as Ford. That has changed and for the better, even if you have to work harder to get into the increased ride height, the GM HD's look HD, some specs speak to HD capacity (Hp and Torque) and those that don't (GCVW) will be fixed in 2020.
    2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1 AGM/2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1/1LE on order.
    2018 Chevy 3500 CC LB SRW Duramax

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ksss For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (06-28-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    Cruze 2.0L Turbo Diesel

Seen many trucks roll out of the dealer with service bodies well over loaded to private business and municipalities over the years. I do think there is a market for lower trucks like in the '90s. There are still a lot of pavement pounders out there. The serious haulers/service trucks get the 45/550s. Anyway, my prediction is they won't gain market share, the will sell well(for GM) though.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Show-Me View Post
    The Australian Trailblazer, based on the Colorado, was out in 2012, and could have been out shortly after that in America. This is GM giving up a lead, only to play follower a decade later.
    What everyone has been clamoring for during the last 10 years. A true Trailblazer replacement . What do we get ? Traverse , Blazer and they should be ashamed a new wimpy "Trailblazer" .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vipergg For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-28-2019),Dr.Show-Me (07-01-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    Cruze 2.0L Turbo Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by vipergg View Post
    What everyone has been clamoring for during the last 10 years. A true Trailblazer replacement . What do we get ? Traverse , Blazer and they should be ashamed a new wimpy "Trailblazer" .
    Heck, I've been wanting a true S-Blazer replacement.
    Could even be unibody but RWD based, 4wd with a low range. Doesn't have to be "Rubicon" level even.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowboy For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-28-2019)

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information