New to this Forum

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: New to this Forum

Walking
    Thanks

New to this Forum

Hello all,

I'm Pete from Southern California. Have been a certified mechanic/technician for a long time. I'm now retired.
    I still do some consulting work when some fellow wrenches I know get in a pickle with something I might be familiar with. I have a few vehicles. they are scattered in different states. I allow only people I am close to drive them and only I or they service them. Here's a few that may be interesting, maybe not.

1970 VW Westfalia Camper 8.2 liter Eldorado Powertrain transplanted in 1980 Engine and transaxle rebuilt and heavily modified in 1984 Sister in-law has it in her garage in Colorado and just uses it to tow her boat.
    1984 F-Body (Camaro) 383CDI Mechanical Lift Engle Cam Heavy Mods charged input, troublesome, squirrely
    1966 Chevelle SS Mod 427CDI 4speed originally out of a 67 Caprice SS a classic setup, dependable, launches nicely
    2000 C5 Base LS1, 4L60E Mods My daily driver out here. Runs pretty good. CR is higher than stock (10.5:1)

Figured it might be nice to join a GM Forum. I'm sure I will learn something

Best to all!

Pete

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ASEMAT-PeteM For This Useful Post:

richmond2000 (07-09-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Re: New to this Forum

Welcome, be prepared to be told that GM is trash.
    Bring back Pontiac

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,430 Times in 4,021 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Yo Pete.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0LL76 View Post
    Welcome, be prepared to be told that GM is trash.
    Thanks for the reply 6.0 liter L76! I always appreciate a heads up. I generally think of opinions as such similar to the sphincter that expands and contracts its contents, such as words pass through it. I'm not exempt either and we all have one. If only it would expand and release contents only having factual basis. That would be nice. Maybe even be sweet.
    I suppose that content would then not be much of an opinion then, would it? So much for opinions only based on the pressure that forces them outward.
    I would never take offense to an opinion like that, since I know its basis of deposit.

Thinking WAY OUT of the box, how good is any of it really?
    These combustion and/or electrically propelled motor carriage contraptions made by man, still grounded on earth, still working with the circular wheel. None nearly much better than another, all being a primitive form of ground transportation.
    Who knows when, but there could be a time in the future when we all might just agree that GM is trash, but it will be accompanied by all other makers as well.
    Not sure if I will survive to see advancements such as quantum teleportation. How much need will there be for roads, cars, bikes and such except for the novelty of it? The only real need will be a place to be other than where we are. It may not rid the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp), but we could surely make better use of our short time here together. So thanks for letting me know, I believe I've prepared myself.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ASEMAT-PeteM For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-05-2019),BlackGTP (07-05-2019)

Walking
    Thanks

Hi Neanderthal,

Your preference of 4 hoof over 4 wheel is noted. Certainly a more reliable means of transport. I'm sure you've got a good eye for detail at a distance. It's not easy to find a sunny cave but I suppose if there was one it would be in the unknown uncharted parts of Transylvania. You've got some guts to tread there to make it your location.

Thanks for acknowledging that I exist. Some time in the future, perhaps we can share a spiritual beer with a raw egg. If you ever pass through me, please stop and say hello.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,729 Times in 3,899 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Welcome to GMI! Based on your first couple of posts I think you'll have some interesting opinions!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 1,890 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Welcome to GMI. This place can be a hoot sometimes, enjoy.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar impala02's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 GMC Acadia

Quote Originally Posted by ASEMAT-PeteM View Post
    Hello all,

I'm Pete from Southern California. Have been a certified mechanic/technician for a long time. I'm now retired.
    I still do some consulting work when some fellow wrenches I know get in a pickle with something I might be familiar with. I have a few vehicles. they are scattered in different states. I allow only people I am close to drive them and only I or they service them. Here's a few that may be interesting, maybe not.

1970 VW Westfalia Camper 8.2 liter Eldorado Powertrain transplanted in 1980 Engine and transaxle rebuilt and heavily modified in 1984 Sister in-law has it in her garage in Colorado and just uses it to tow her boat.
    1984 F-Body (Camaro) 383CDI Mechanical Lift Engle Cam Heavy Mods charged input, troublesome, squirrely
    1966 Chevelle SS Mod 427CDI 4speed originally out of a 67 Caprice SS a classic setup, dependable, launches nicely
    2000 C5 Base LS1, 4L60E Mods My daily driver out here. Runs pretty good. CR is higher than stock (10.5:1)

Best to all!

Pete
    Welcome to GMI! Sounds like a wild bunch of cars you have there. I'd love to hear more about the Westfalia with the 8.2L Caddy motor in it!
    2017 GMC Acadia
    2015 BMW 535i xDrive
    2011 BMW 328i xDrive

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Welcome!
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 fastrehotrods's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,643 Times in 776 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Ram Sport 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by ASEMAT-PeteM View Post
    Hello all,

Best to all!

Pete
    Welcome Pete!

Got a mixed lineup there! Cool stuff. There's a lot of arguing on here about ATP's, why less sales is a good thing, why people don't need choices and a good options list, etc...

By your list, I might also suggest joining Team Chevelle (www.chevelles.com), thirdgen.org, and LS1tech.com as good enthusiast sites. Can't point you anywhere on the Westfalia though, haha.
    The Stable: 2014 Ram Sport 4x4 with 18" Method Racing MR310's wrapped in 35's, 71 Firebird Formula 455 Ridetech equipped, 57 Ford Custom 300, 66 GTO 4 speed, 67 Camaro LT1/T56, 70 El Camino, 71 Camaro future LSX, 82 Z28, 63 Thunderbird, 75 Pontiac Astre GT 406, 65 Dart 318, 87 S10 Blazer, 88 Silverado, 58 Edsel Pacer, 64 Volvo 544. Past: 98 Trans Am 6 speed-432 rwhp, 71 Chevelle SS 454, 71 Camaro 350/4 speed, 66 Mustang 393/T5, 86 GMC Jimmy

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 61BelAir's Avatar
    Thanks

Welcome! ohhh...and Ixnay on the AliforniaCay...the natives get a little crazy when you mention "it".

Walking
    Thanks

Hey welcome here.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information