Video: Episode 1 of Chevrolet's Corvette Racing Series

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Video: Episode 1 of Chevrolet's Corvette Racing Series

Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Video: Episode 1 of Chevrolet's Corvette Racing Series

As Chevrolet Corvette Racing team heads into its first full season of competition in the American Le Mans Series GT2 class, the first full episode of a new General Motors video series chronicling their journey has been posted on YouTube. The 12-part series will follow the team as it gets ready for the nine race series as well as the annual June treck to Le Mans for the 24 Hours.

Episode one begins with a look back at where 2009 left off. On the final corner of the final lap of the Laguna Seca race last October, Jan Magnussen slammed into a retaining wall with a 57 g impact after making contact with one of the Flying Lizards Porsches.

As soon as the cars returned to the team's Wixom, MI shop, the crew set about getting ready for 2010 including preparing for the all-new 5.5-liter V8. First, though, they had to rebuild the #3 C6.R. Check out the first episode of the series after the jump.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/11/v...ries-hits-the/
    Hidden Content

-JD

My Rides
    -2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II 4WD 5.7L V8, with Selec-Terrain and Quadra-Lift in 'Blackberry Pearl'
    -2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4x4 hardtop in "Deep Water Blue Pearl"

Project Car: 1969 Javelin SST 290

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: Video: Episode 1 of Chevrolet's Corvette Racing Series

Thanks for sharing!

Can harldy wait until march 20 Sebring season opener.
    Zipster Hidden Content Hidden Content
    2010 Silver ZR1
    07 Buick Lucerne CXL

Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by Zipster View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

Can harldy wait until march 20 Sebring season opener.
    me either! I wish it was shown on a main channel!! I would MUCH rather wach this than NASCAR
    Hidden Content

-JD

My Rides
    -2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II 4WD 5.7L V8, with Selec-Terrain and Quadra-Lift in 'Blackberry Pearl'
    -2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4x4 hardtop in "Deep Water Blue Pearl"

Project Car: 1969 Javelin SST 290

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMusa View Post
    me either! I wish it was shown on a main channel!! I would MUCH rather wach this than NASCAR
    I cant wait for the start of ALMS next weekend. Nascar is so boring and has no relevance towards street cars where as the gains made on the C6R are translated directly into the production corvette. Hopefully GM uses the C6R's in their new add campaigns touting theirs wins over Ferrari, Porsche, etc.
    From the office of the Burnout Czar.

Thanks

Gosh I watched this 5 times in a row and got chills every time, taking into account that no one takes America seriously anymore and school children scoff at Cadillacs because their mommy drives a BMW. Go Jake and the new 5.5!

Thanks

In Korea they are nationalists meaning that Koreans the majority of the time buy thier own Korean named and made products. If I was GM I would relook at renaming the brand in Korea. However, if Daewoo products ship to the US then naming them Chevy would be ok.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Ya know even being involved in some road racing over the years I still to this day am amazed that we can wring that much HP out of the motors with those tiny restrictors on the inlet tubes. Those are the two silver tubes comming off the air box into the filters on each side. The hole in each of those is only about 3/4's to an inch in diameter and we can still make 6 to 700 HP.

Nascar is the same way. the restrictor plate used on superspeedways under the carb has 4 holes each the size of a dime.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMforME View Post
    Ya know even being involved in some road racing over the years I still to this day am amazed that we can wring that much HP out of the motors with those tiny restrictors on the inlet tubes. Those are the two silver tubes comming off the air box into the filters on each side. The hole in each of those is only about 3/4's to an inch in diameter and we can still make 6 to 700 HP.

Nascar is the same way. the restrictor plate used on superspeedways under the carb has 4 holes each the size of a dime.
    You cannot draw in 600-700 hp worth of flow through dual 3/4 of an inch inlets...

Thanks
    My Ride
    1987 Chevrolet R10

That last race was gut-wrenching!!! The Vette should have had it...

In the sea of new automotive faces,
    there's nothing like the appreciation and beauty of an older model. Let's represent!

~ZvetteGuy

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,309 Times in 4,036 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

I was watching the last race.. I threw my TV out the window.. I could not beleive they let that Porsche win. It was a crime.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 JeffInDFW's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    96 Viper GTS/11 MINI Cooper S

I believe it was in June 2000....I was sitting up late one Saturday night, channel surfing. Came across this race on Speed Vision. The 24 Hours of LeMans. Had heard of it, sure, but knew nothing about it really.....Nothing else on, so I left it there. As the hours went by, late into the night, the stories of the different cars was incredible. They had been racing for 12 hours already. You could watch the brake rotors glowing. The blazing headlights down the mulsanne straight. They said a new race car from Audi was leading the race, when all of a sudden the driver came on the radio and said the gearbox was shot! He limps the car around the 8 mile track while the announcers are talking about what a heartbreaking moment this is for Audi to lose the race, etc.......But.........At 4am local time, they wheel that broken car into the garage, and the team jumps all over it! The pit reporter is talking about how heroic it is for this team to not give up even though they will have NO chance to win LeMans. However, right there on live TV, the team starts yanking hoses, cables, body work, and the whole back half of that car came off! They wheeled another complete back half in place and in *3 minutes and 30 seconds* the car was pushed back out of the garage and back into the race! I lost my MIND! I stayed up the rest of the overnight watching that race! I freaking HAD to see if the Audi could hold on and win! Plus, there were other kick ass cars racing, like Porsche 911s, Dodge Vipers, etc. That was it. I have been a massive fan of LeMans and the ALMS ever since. I watched the GTS Viper dominate its class in the early days. I went to the race where the Corvette team won their FIRST race in Texas! I have autographed photos of Ron Fellows on my fireplace mantle!

I used to be a NASCAR fan back when the cars were still relevant. Now, NASCAR is just professional wrestling, with the driver "storylines" being the center of attention. With the American LeMans Series, THE CARS are still the stars! GM is in the business of selling CARS, not funding some hillbilly soap opera BS. Oh, and every single year since 2000, I make it an event to stay awake the entire 24 hours. I wake up Saturday morning at 7am Dallas time, and don't leave the TV until 8:30am Sunday.

Thanks for posting the link to these videos. I'll be forwarding that to my friends. Go Team Corvette!!!
    Last edited by JeffInDFW; 03-12-2010 at 02:13 AM.

Thanks

I believe the GT2 Vettes make about 450 very reliable HP. They will have a much more difficult time winning this classification than GT1. It doesn't matter, the Corvette team will prepare excellent vehicles, with excellent drivers and crews. I think their most difficult task will be overcoming the rules restrictions placed on them.
    1966 Corvair Corsa

Thanks
    My Ride
    1992 Supra Turbo

All you need to know:

http://badboyvettes.com/

16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information