V8 Supercars News & Results 2010: Ford's James Courtney wins the 2010 Championship!!!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Poll: What is you opinion of the 'Car of the Future' plan?

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: V8 Supercars News & Results 2010: Ford's James Courtney wins the 2010 Championship!!!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member JoeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Holden Monaro CV8

Thumbs up V8 Supercars News & Results 2010: Ford's James Courtney wins the 2010 Championship!!!

WELCOME TO
    V8 SUPERCARS NEWS & RESULTS 2010

The V8 Supercars are back for 2010 better than ever!

New Teams, New Drivers, New Locations, New Rules, New Attitude!

Can Holden reclaim the crown from the evil Ford empire now
    that reigning champions Team Vodafone are with Team Red?

All the lastest V8 Supercars news & results will be
    posted in this thread every week

Go through to the most recent posts to see all the latest news & results

You can view the V8 Supercars Championship Series on your computer
    with Telstra Bigpond's Live Webcasting & Round Highlights
    Bigpond V8 Supercars TV

This is the official V8 Supercars website
    www.v8supercars.com.au

Find All The 2009 V8 Supercars News & Results Here
    V8 Supercars News & Results 2009

2010 Championship Series Event Calendar

Yas V8 400 Abu Dhabi 18 - 20 Feb
    Desert 400 Bahrain 25 - 27 Feb
    Clipsal 500 Adelaide 11 - 14 Mar
    Australian Grand Prix 25 - 28 Mar
    ITM 400 Hamilton 16 - 18 Apr
    City of Ipswich 300 30 - 02 May
    Winton Motor Raceway 14 - 16 May
    SKYCITY Triple Crown, Darwin 18 - 20 Jun
    Armor All Townsville 400 09 - 11 Jul
    L&H 500 Phillip Island 10 - 12 Sep
    Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 07 - 10 Oct
    Gold Coast SuperCarnivale 22 - 24 Oct
    Falken Tasmania Challenge 12 - 14 Nov
    Norton 360 Sandown Challenge 19 - 21 Nov
    Sydney Telstra 500 03 - 05 Dec

Last edited by JoeT; 02-19-2010 at 10:49 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Holden Monaro CV8

re: V8 Supercars News & Results 2010 - New Teams, New Drivers, New Attitude!!!

Perth Scrapped For 2010

V8 Supercars Australia
    8 February 2010
    www.v8supercars.com.au

V8 Supercars Australia has confirmed its final 2010 calendar which includes the City of Ipswich 300 at Queensland Raceway while omitting the Perth event that had been provisionally scheduled for June 4-6.

As announced last week, Queensland Raceway remains on the calendar for 2010 pending a major upgrade of the circuit facilities prior to any commitment for 2011 and beyond.

The Gold Coast SuperCanivale has become a three day event (October 22-24) following the Queensland Government’s backing of a completely revamped format for the endurance weekend.

The Falken Tasmania Challenge has also been confirmed as now being a week later on November 12-14 at Symmons Plains in Launceston.

“It is great news that we have been able to secure the City of Ipswich 300 but disappointing we have been unable to find a workable solution to the similar issues we have at Barbagallo Raceway,” Acting V8 Supercars Australia CEO Shane Howard said.

“We are extremely disappointed for all of our fans in WA. As a group we have worked overtime in trying to get this third world facility re-vamped so that both the Paddock and the pit lane meet basic OH&S legislation.

“Despite a reduced sanction fee of around 25 per cent of the actual cost for us to race in Perth, committing to a long-term five-year deal and offering the services of Mark Skaife and our engineers to design the new circuit at our cost we still get a lip service response.

“The situation is best summed up by a recent seven page letter and subsequent letters that have received just a one paragraph response at best. Our WA fans will at least have the extensive free to view live coverage on the 7 Network.

“Hopefully this opens the door for other regions of Western Australia to approach us with a view to bringing one of the world’s greatest Touring Car Championships to a new destination in the future.”

The V8 Supercar Championship Series will commence next week in Abu Dhabi with the Yas V8 400 followed by a back-to-back weekend in Bahrain at the Gulf Air Desert 400.

The season will have a distinctive autumn and spring phase to it. A February start means there will be nine events up until mid-June, a nine week break and then six events to finish the season, again culminating again with the massive Sydney Telstra 500 in December.

Gold Coast SuperCarnivale Re-invigorated

V8 Supercars Australia
    4 February 2010
    www.v8supercars.com.au

In a massive coup for the Gold Coast, the biggest annual event in Queensland will be entirely re-branded and transformed into a massive ‘Gold Coast SuperCarnivale’ weekend.
    The Queensland Government and V8 Supercars Australia jointly announced that the Gold Coast fixture will be wholly re-invigorated in conjunction with the 20th anniversary of the event this October.

The emphasis will be on extremely affordable ticketing and be all-inclusive of entertainment and live concerts. The world class V8 Supercars Australia events team headed up by Gold Coaster, Shane Howard, will take charge of the Gold Coast SuperCarnivale.

An additional focus will be on attracting interstate and international visitors back to the event.

“I would argue that no single event in Australian history has undergone the dramatic changes that are planned for this year’s SuperCarnivale on the Gold Coast,” V8 Supercars Australia Chairman Tony Cochrane said.

“Aside from a massive reduction to the size of the site it is also our absolute goal to transform it into a family style event.”

For the first time in the history of V8 Supercars, the event will become the third endurance race on the calendar alongside the prestigious L&H 500 at Phillip Island and Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000. It will be raced over 600kms, 300kms each day, with each V8 Supercar team including an international co-driver

“In total we will have 17 international drivers, one for each V8 Supercar team, from around 14 different countries, driving for our teams, alongside our drivers across a 600km endurance weekend,” Mr Cochrane said.

Mr Cochrane confirmed that former Gold Coast winner Scott Pruett (USA), placegetter Alex Tagliani (Canada), reigning Australian Le Mans 24 Hour winner David Brabham, former Formula 1 and Champ Car stars Mark Blundell (England) and Christian Fittipaldi (Brazil) have already signed as co-drivers.

The complete race format and all 17 co-drivers will be announced at the event launch in April.

“There is no question that this event will have everything for everybody, including a massive international component in our visiting drivers. Their presence alone will spark massive interest around the world and compliments new world-wide television deals we are announcing next Wednesday at our season launch.”

The event, to be promoted by V8 Supercar Events, will be part of the inaugural V8 Grand Slam which could offer up to $2.5 million in prize money for a driver that wins the Gold Coast event, Clipsal 500 in Adelaide, Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 and the Sydney Telstra 500 in Sydney in the same year.

Key changes to the precinct include:
    - The “footprint” of the circuit reduced from the current 4.49km to 2.96km, freeing up approximately 40% of the site for residents, business and other users
    - The total build/dismantle time reduced by five weeks (from 14 weeks to 9)
    - The event will run over three days – Friday to Sunday
    - A shortened circuit to allow for the separation to the Surfers Paradise precinct
    - Utilising the Broadwater Park for nightly entertainment featuring Australian and International artists – all included in the ticket price

P!nk Is The New Face Of V8 Supercars Australia

V8 Supercars Australia
    10 February 2010
    www.v8supercars.com.au

V8 Supercars Australia has proven its credentials as “The Greatest Show on Wheels” by securing international music sensation P!nk as the sport’s ambassador from 2010 through to 2012.

The announcement will be made at the annual Season Launch tonight, held at Stage 3, Fox Studios, where the crème de la crème of the motor sport, media and entertainment world will gather together to be the first to see the brand new commercial starring the feisty American rocker.

V8 Supercars Australia Chairman Tony Cochrane said,

“This is also the biggest campaign, by a long, long way, that V8 Supercars has embarked on and let me tell you we’ve done some big things in our history. It is an enormous coup for our sport to have P!nk as an ambassador for the next three years and we are very proud to have her on board.

“V8 Supercars is about growth and growing our audiences. We have proven in a relatively short amount of time that V8 Supercars is a world class product on and off the track. Again with this announcement we are setting a very high benchmark.

“So why P!nk? She’s the greatest female artist on the planet in my books. She’s not afraid to be different. She’s bold, she’s outspoken and she’s unapologetic. She’s the most popular modern day artist in this country by a very long margin. She’s cool! For all of those reasons V8 Supercars and P!nk are the perfect DNA match.”

The commercial which was filmed in Sydney during P!nk’s 2009 FUNHOUSE TOUR, airs on national television from 6am Thursday 11 February showcasing P!nk with an all star cast of V8 Supercars drivers including, Jamie Whincup, Will Davison, Rick Kelly, Mark Winterbottom, Fabian Coulthard and James Courtney.

“I’m in LA where I just finished soaking everybody at the Grammys, which was really fun,” says P!nk,

“I want everybody to see my new V8 Supercar commercial that I’m really, really excited about. Dave Meyers my buddy out here in the US directed it and he flew all the way to Australia for it at the end of my last tour.

“I’m stoked about it, it’s awesome. We got to test drive the cars while we were there and it has been a really fun ride. I didn’t have to drive with Carey Hart so I’m alive! I’m really excited about the new race season.”

Believed to be one of the largest advertising productions undertaken in Australian sport, the new V8 Supercars commercial was directed by world renowned Hollywood music video director Dave Meyers who flew to Sydney from LA for the shoot. In his ten-year directing career, Meyers has won a host of awards and worked with some of the industry’s biggest stars including P!nk, JLo, Aerosmith, Janet Jackson, Jay-Z and Britney Spears.

More OS events planned

V8 Supercars Australia
    19 February 2010
    www.v8supercars.com.au

On the eve of the first overseas V8 Supercar event for 2010 the category's head honcho has signalled that teams will be travelling even more in the future.

Whlie categorically ruling out any additional, unannounced, international trips for the V8 circus this year, the V8 Supercars Australia Chairman said there could be as many as five overseas events in future seasons.

Cochrane quashed rumours that an event in Singapore could take place as early as this year, but he indicated that an event in the Asian country was a real possibility in 2011 or 2012.

The V8 Supercars boss also said other international events had been discussed, but stressed that V8s was keen to remain in the Antipodeans, Asian and Middle Eastern regions and had no intention of racing in other areas of the world.

"We have been on the record for a considerable amount of time that we intend to race in Singapore," Cochrane said.

"It is a natural fit. There is a demand for us to go there. We have just done a massive television deal in Asia, which is easily the biggest sporting deal ever out of Australia with ESPN Star taking every round live or as live."

However, he stressed a Singapore race is far from a done deal and that it was never happening in 2010, despite rampant pitlane rumours and an internet report stating V8s were going to Singapore to race as a support category at this season's Formula One race in September.

"Whether we go to Singapore in 2011, and whether we go to a new permanent circuit or the Grand Prix, is still very much up in the air," Cochrane said.

"But our 2010 calendar that we announced a couple of weeks ago is our final calendar for this year.

"There never was any chance of us going there in 2010 except in some journalist's mind who wrote it as if it was fact and who never bothered to ring me to check if it was factual.

"They (a Singapore consortium) have been talking to us about the future and there is quite a large delegation coming to Clipsal this year, but there is a big difference about discussing the future and saying we are going to race there this year... this year's F1 race is only six months away, I think we would know by now if that was happening... "

Cochrane indicated that the ideal international-to-local event ratio would be five to 10.

"We are very unapologetic that we want to be very strong in the Middle Eastern, Asian basin. We don't have any plans to go to the Americas or Europe; there is lots of motorsport already in those parts of the world, but in the parts of the world that we think we can be strong in there is a huge demand for our product," he said.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Holden Monaro CV8

Re: V8 Supercars News & Results 2010

Race 1 Results,
    Yas V8 400, Abu Dhabi

V8 Supercars Australia
    20 February 2010
    www.v8supercars.com.au

They may have a different badge on their grille, but the opening race of the 2010 V8 Supercar Championship proved little else has changed at TeamVodafone, and indeed on the V8 Supercar scene.

The Triple Eight Commodores dominated the 43-lap race around the 4.5-kilometre Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi this evening (Friday).

Ford Performance Racing's Mark 'Frosty' Winterbottom jumped Jamie Whincup at the start and led the opening seven laps, but the TeamVodafone driver soon took back his customary number one position on the track and after the various pit-stop strategies had played out it was Whincup who took the chequered flag first ahead of his teammate Craig Lowndes.

"It was a special day; we debuted a brand new car and to get on pole and to have a one-two in the first race... it's an amazing feeling and huge reward for the guys who have worked so hard," Whincup said.

"We had a great strategy, that's where the race was won. We came in and fuelled up and put tyres on at the right time, we got a great lead early... I had pretty much used up all of my tyres with 10 laps to go and I knew Lowndesy was coming hard, but I hung in there and got it to the end.

"But you don't have to win by a huge margin, you just have to cross the line first."

Whincup said the team didn't expect to be so dominant so early in the year.

"We have been on a roller coaster in the last two months just getting the cars to the track. We had a couple of test days and we tried to set up the Commodores like the Falcons were last year and it didn't really work, so we re-invented the wheel and changed the set-up. We got the cars reasonable, but then we have come a long way in the last couple of days.

"This has given me massive confidence for the year. If I wasn't pumped up before the start of the weekend I certainly am now."

Lowndes had started from 10th after an uncharacteristic spin in the Top 10 Shootout, but Triple Eight's superior pit strategy saw him come through the field.

"It was my mistake in the Top 10; I just pushed too hard... we had a different strategy to Jamie and we weren't sure how it was going to play out, but it kept me in clean air for most of the race. Our cars are good in clean air and I was able to look after the car and conserve fuel," Lowndes said.

"For the last half of that last lap my (fuel) warning lights were going off and I was lucky to get back into pit lane."

Lowndes said that the one-two result was a testament to the professionalism of Triple Eight Race Engineering.

"We worked our backsides off over Christmas; we not only built new cars for ourselves but also for Paul Morris Motorsports," he said.

While all was in order at Team Vodafone, the same could not be said about the Toll Holden Racing Team outfit.

Garth Tander had a shocker. After claiming a place on the outside of the front row in the Top 10 Shootout, he was forced to start from the back of the grid after his crew was deemed to have broken the rules during the qualifying session.

He was then involved in some mid-field shenanigans as he tried to climb back through the field. He spent a number of laps in the pits as his crew madly tried to repair his Commodore. He eventually finished a lowly 26th.

His teammate, Will Davison, looked strong for most of the race and was dicing with the leaders until an engine drama forced him into the pits.

Winterbottom was handed a penalty for a start-line infringement, but eventually fought back for third ahead of Jim Beam Racing's James Courtney, Fujitsu Racing's Lee Holdsworth and SP Tools Racing's Shane van Gisbergen.

Friday: Qualifying

Pos Car Entrant Driver Vehicle Laps
    1 1 TeamVodafone Jamie Whincup Commodore VE 6
    2 2 Toll Holden Racing Team Garth Tander Commodore VE 6
    3 9 Stone Brothers Racing - Irwin Racing and SP Tools Racing Shane van Gisbergen FG Falcon 6
    4 888 TeamVodafone Craig Lowndes Commodore VE 7
    5 5 FPR - Orrcon Steel and Dunlop Super Dealer FPR Falcon Mark Winterbottom FG Falcon 7
    6 22 Toll Holden Racing Team Will Davison Commodore VE 7
    7 18 Jim Beam Racing James Courtney FG Falcon 7
    8 4 Stone Brothers Racing - Irwin Racing and SP Tools Racing Alex Davison FG Falcon 7
    9 33 Fujitsu Racing/GRM Lee Holdsworth Commodore VE 7
    10 14 Team BOC and Trading Post Racing Jason Bright Commodore VE 7
    11 55 The Bottle-O Racing Team Paul Dumbrell FG Falcon 6
    12 34 Fujitsu Racing/GRM Michael Caruso Commodore VE 7
    13 39 Supercheap Auto Racing and Castrol Edge Racing Russell Ingall Commodore VE 8
    14 17 Jim Beam Racing Steven Johnson FG Falcon 8
    15 11 Kelly Racing Jason Bargwanna Commodore VE 6
    16 19 Techno Autosport Jonathon Webb FG Falcon 7
    17 15 Jack Daniel's Racing Rick Kelly Commodore VE 7
    18 3 Centaur Racing Tony D'Alberto Commodore VE 7
    19 47 Wilson Security Racing Tim Slade FG Falcon 7
    20 8 Team BOC and Trading Post Racing Jason Richards Commodore VE 6
    21 7 Jack Daniel's Racing Todd Kelly Commodore VE 7
    22 10 Bundaberg Red Racing Andrew Thompson Commodore VE 7
    23 6 FPR - Orrcon Steel and Dunlop Super Dealer FPR Falcon Steve Richards FG Falcon 7
    24 24 Bundaberg Red Racing Fabian Coulthard Commodore VE 7
    25 21 Britek Motorsport Karl Reindler Commodore VE 8
    26 12 Triple F Racing Dean Fiore FG Falcon 7
    27 51 Supercheap Auto Racing and Castrol Edge Racing Paul Morris Commodore VE 7
    28 30 Gulf Western Oil Racing Daniel Gaunt Commodore VE 7
    29 16 Kelly Racing Tony Ricciardello Commodore VE 7

Friday: Top 10 Shootout

1 1 TeamVodafone Jamie Whincup Commodore VE 1
    2 2 Toll Holden Racing Team Garth Tander Commodore VE 1
    3 5 FPR - Orrcon Steel and Dunlop Super Dealer FPR Falcon Mark Winterbottom FG Falcon 1
    4 18 Jim Beam Racing James Courtney FG Falcon 1
    5 22 Toll Holden Racing Team Will Davison Commodore VE 1
    6 14 Team BOC and Trading Post Racing Jason Bright Commodore VE 1
    7 33 Fujitsu Racing/GRM Lee Holdsworth Commodore VE 1
    8 4 Stone Brothers Racing - Irwin Racing and SP Tools Racing Alex Davison FG Falcon 1
    9 9 Stone Brothers Racing - Irwin Racing and SP Tools Racing Shane van Gisbergen FG Falcon 1
    10 888 TeamVodafone Craig Lowndes Commodore VE 1

Friday: Race 1

1 1 TeamVodafone Jamie Whincup Commodore VE 43
    2 888 TeamVodafone Craig Lowndes Commodore VE 43
    3 5 FPR - Orrcon Steel and Dunlop Super Dealer FPR Falcon Mark Winterbottom FG Falcon 43

4 18 Jim Beam Racing James Courtney FG Falcon 43
    5 33 Fujitsu Racing/GRM Lee Holdsworth Commodore VE 43
    6 9 Stone Brothers Racing - Irwin Racing and SP Tools Racing Shane van Gisbergen FG Falcon 43
    7 55 The Bottle-O Racing Team Paul Dumbrell FG Falcon 43
    8 19 Techno Autosport Jonathon Webb FG Falcon 43
    9 4 Stone Brothers Racing - Irwin Racing and SP Tools Racing Alex Davison FG Falcon 43
    10 15 Jack Daniel's Racing Rick Kelly Commodore VE 43
    11 17 Jim Beam Racing Steven Johnson FG Falcon 43
    12 8 Team BOC and Trading Post Racing Jason Richards Commodore VE 43
    13 11 Kelly Racing Jason Bargwanna Commodore VE 43
    14 47 Wilson Security Racing Tim Slade FG Falcon 43
    15 34 Fujitsu Racing/GRM Michael Caruso Commodore VE 43
    16 6 FPR - Orrcon Steel and Dunlop Super Dealer FPR Falcon Steve Richards FG Falcon 43
    17 24 Bundaberg Red Racing Fabian Coulthard Commodore VE 43
    18 3 Centaur Racing Tony D'Alberto Commodore VE 43
    19 10 Bundaberg Red Racing Andrew Thompson Commodore VE 43
    20 12 Triple F Racing Dean Fiore FG Falcon 43
    21 14 Team BOC and Trading Post Racing Jason Bright Commodore VE 43
    22 30 Gulf Western Oil Racing Daniel Gaunt Commodore VE 43
    23 51 Supercheap Auto Racing and Castrol Edge Racing Paul Morris Commodore VE 42
    24 16 Kelly Racing Tony Ricciardello Commodore VE 42
    25 7 Jack Daniel's Racing Todd Kelly Commodore VE 40
    26 2 Toll Holden Racing Team Garth Tander Commodore VE 36
    27 39 Supercheap Auto Racing and Castrol Edge Racing Russell Ingall Commodore VE 34
    28 22 Toll Holden Racing Team Will Davison Commodore VE 28
    29 21 Britek Motorsport Karl Reindler Commodore VE 23

Jamie Whincup

Last edited by JoeT; 02-19-2010 at 10:50 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,306 Times in 4,033 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

re: V8 Supercars News & Results 2010 - Race 1 & 2 Results: Yas V8 400, Abu Dhabi, ME

Nathi car should go back to this type of real street car based racing...

GMI Staff Member Premium Member NoStopN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,451 Times in 1,434 Posts
    My Ride
    19 Ram, 69 GMC, 04 Alero

re: V8 Supercars News & Results 2010 - Race 1 & 2 Results: Yas V8 400, Abu Dhabi, ME

What? No V8 Ute racing news & results?
    Hidden Content

I love you, Dad. 8/25/57-3/28/11

Hidden Content

Thanks

Although I have always pulled for Holden in this series, I can't say I am overly pleased that Vodapone switched away from Ford. It reminds me of Roger Penske's move from Chevrolet to AMC for the 1970 TransAM series and Joe Gibbs from Chevrolet to Toyota in 2008.
    1966 Corvair Corsa

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC carisi2k9's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 VE Sportswagon

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Although I have always pulled for Holden in this series, I can't say I am overly pleased that Vodapone switched away from Ford. It reminds me of Roger Penske's move from Chevrolet to AMC for the 1970 TransAM series and Joe Gibbs from Chevrolet to Toyota in 2008.
    what is worrying me more is these first 2 events in the middle east. They have no meaning and should just be cancelled. Just like the F1 races nobody turns up to these events in the middle east.

What is more worrying is that the series is abandoning the heartland with dumping perth from the schedule.

I would much rather see 1 race in UK (silverstone) and 1 in the USA.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2009 VE Omega Int Dual Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Mr Roland Dane, T8 principal has always had a long association with Vauxhall (GM) in the UK in the UK racing series.

When he wanted to gain access to the racing in Australia, he could only do so by acquiring licences that used "Ford-based cars".

He decided to go "Holden" because of merits of factory-based support for 2010 and beyond.

The cars raced by both "marques' are facsimiles (silhouettes) of the two road going cars (Falcon and Commodore).

Mike

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,602 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

Quote Originally Posted by carisi2k9 View Post
    what is worrying me more is these first 2 events in the middle east. They have no meaning and should just be cancelled. Just like the F1 races nobody turns up to these events in the middle east.

What is more worrying is that the series is abandoning the heartland with dumping perth from the schedule.

Watching the first race now and while the circuit looks amazing there are empty stands

They must pay squillions for the rights to race there otherwise it's a white elephant

Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Holden Monaro CV8

The V8's are making a fortune out of these ME rounds. It's a great idea having them at the beginning of the series before the traditional starting round at the Adelaide Clipsal 500.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,602 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    The V8's are making a fortune out of these ME rounds. It's a great idea having them at the beginning of the series before the traditional starting round at the Adelaide Clipsal 500.
    Like i said they would have to be otherwise it wouldn't be happening.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 djo165's Avatar
    Thanks

So are any of the Holden teams running the "new" Commodore SS V-Series Special Edition body work? AKA, the Pontiac G8 nose? It might not be as aerodynamic, but it would add one more look to the field!
    Current: 2017 Chevy SS 6M
    Past: 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    2002 Chevy S-10 LS
    1999 Honda Prelude Type Sh
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    1992 Camaro Z28
    1991 CRX-Si
    1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
    1986 Mazda RX-7
    1980 Camaro Z28

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2009 VE Omega Int Dual Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by djo165 View Post
    So are any of the Holden teams running the "new" Commodore SS V-Series Special Edition body work? AKA, the Pontiac G8 nose? It might not be as aerodynamic, but it would add one more look to the field!
    Wouldn't be allowed - the respective exterior configuration opf the cars are based on a specific model.

And the "Thou shalt not" police would be all over it if it didn't comply

Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carisi2k9 View Post

Well, you have to kiss-up to the ones with the money!
    Current rides: 2014 GMC Terrain, 2011 Dodge Durango.
    Past rides: 2013 Buick Verano, 2006 GTO, 2005 Vibe (best car I've ever owned), 2006 Odyssey (the worst vehicle I've ever owned), 2005 Envoy, 2002 Wrangler, 2002 S10, 2000 Sierra C1500, 1997 Sierra K1500 (2nd best car I've ever owned), 1996 Stratus, 1996 SW1 Saturn, 1994 Toyota Pickup (4x4 - 2nd worst car I've ever owned), 1992 Dakota, 1988 GMC Suburban, 1987 S10 Blazer, 1985 Scrambler, 1980 Tercel

Thanks

I didnt see the race, but did the Kelly brothers swap over to the Middle East Chev livery like they did last time, i think it was them who did it cause if im correct you cant have alcohol sponsorship on your car over there.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information