Retired GM Engineer says goodbye to his Corvette after Glen win

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Retired GM Engineer says goodbye to his Corvette after Glen win

Thanks

John Heinricy scores his second T1 class win in as many days
    By Ron Levanduski • July 11, 2010, 10:20 pm

WATKINS GLEN -- It's a good thing Glen Nationals driver John Heinricy doesn't get too attached to his race cars.

The 62-year-old retired General Motors engineer scored his second win in as many days at Watkins Glen International on Sunday.

Just hours before his flag-to-flag T1 class victory, in the No. 35 Torvec Chevrolet C5 Corvette, Heinricy learned his Phoenix Racing team owner had sold it to another competitor.

"I typically don't run the same car all year," said Henricy, who had recorded four consecutive National wins in the No. 35 Corvette this year, leading all but two laps. "I get used to it, but this one's been a good car for me."

Heinricy, of Holly, Mich., an 11-time National Runoffs champion, said team owner Joe Aquilante has a large stable of racing Corvettes which he sells off from time to time.

Heinricy was one of 29 class winners in the 63rd running of the longest continuous-running road race event in North America.

He was also one of 20 repeat winners from Saturday, in the first Double National event held at the Glen. Among Sunday's other double-weekend winners were Binghamton native Jim Goughary in GT2, Amy Ruman, of Kent, Ohio, in GT1, Roger Siebenaler, of North Hero, Vt., in Formula Vee, Paul LeCain, of Sandown, N.H., and Jeremy Treadway, of Ticonderoga, in Formula Ford.
    Full text here: http://www.pressconnects.com/article...after-Glen-win
    2010 Infiniti FX35
    2007 Yukon XL Denali
    2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Retired GM Engineer says goodbye to his Corvette after Glen win

I hope John Heinracy continues to race a Joe Aquilante Corvette long into the future. I also hope that GM has the good sense to help the Aquilantes' financially. They probably have more Vette victories in SCCA racing than all others combined.
    1966 Corvair Corsa

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information