GM Inside News Forum banner

Racing for PINKS!

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  SSrevolution 
#1 ·
New reality show on speedtv.com, featuring racing for vehicle titles.

Pinks

Until now, reality shows have been all about what contestants win -- $1 million, a renovated home, a tricked-out car, a new mom. Other than varying degrees of dignity, there has been absolutely no risk of losing anything.

SPEED Channel is changing all that with its new show PINKS, set to debut in July.

Using the setting of a classic 1950s drag race, PINKS will pit contestants in a best two-out-of-three format, with the loser handing over the title (pink slip) to his or her vehicle. The rules are simple: two vehicles show up and drivers negotiate any head-start distance (vehicle lengths); vehicles line up, the flagman drops the flag and the first one down the quarter mile wins. After each round, the drivers have the opportunity to re-negotiate lengths.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thats pretty cool. Ill watch it.

#12 ·
GBass said:
They have a sample episode. Just click on this link
just saw it. pretty cool stuff. only thing i think, is they should be more picky about who they pick. hate idea of people that own shops (big money dudes), being welcome. i'd rather see some kid who drives there car to work put his car up in a race, then some guy that can turn around and have another built in a week.

#16 ·
SSrevolution said:
Did you see the one with the Buick GNX? If that car stock in 1987, was able to go 0-60 in 4.9 secs, how comes with modified GNX's they couldn't get one to even go 14.5 1/4mile? Just inexperrienced drivers I guess. Yeah I find it odd it's on the history channel too.
yea i kinda wondered about that one, Other ones ive seen for real couldnt run 0-60 in 4.9 secs if their life depended on :lmao: it.

i like when the do cars that arent performance cars too, like the old ford f100s and the VW bugs. I really liked when they did the El camino Vs the ranchero:drive:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.