Ferrari Says it Won't Run in 2010 Formula One Unless Rules Change

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari Says it Won't Run in 2010 Formula One Unless Rules Change

Thanks

Ferrari Says it Won't Run in 2010 Formula One Unless Rules Change

In the latest development in the ongoing saga of Formula One problems, Ferrari made an official announcement today saying that it won't enter next season's world championship unless the sport's governing body revokes its plans for a voluntary £40 million (about €45 million or US$60 million) budget cap is revoked. The Prancing Horse company also said that it was "disappointed" by the way that FIA adopted the measures and its refusal to reach an understanding with constructors and teams.

"The same rules for all teams, stability of regulations, the continuity of the FOTA's endeavours to methodically and progressively reduce costs, and governance of Formula 1 are the priorities for the future," said Ferrari in a statement.

"If these indispensable principles are not respected and if the regulations adopted for 2010 will not change, then Ferrari does not intend to enter its cars in the next Formula 1 World Championship."

If Ferrari goes ahead with its decision to boycott the 2010 F1 Season, it will be the first time it has done so ever since the sport's inception in 1950.

Via: Autoblog.it , Source: Ferrari
    http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/05...on-run-in.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: BREAKING: Ferrari Says it Won't Run in 2010 Formula One Unless Rules Change

Even with the convenience of DVR I've only watched 1 complete race this year. F1 used to be the pinnacle of all racing. Now it's a handicapping joke.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

This could either be Ferrari believing in something and standing up for it. Or a reason to save a bit of money. But seeing as Ferrari is all about F1, I think they are standing up for what they believe

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Bernie seems to be doing a good job of driving F1 right into the ground.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Until "big time" (e.g. F1, NASCAR) car racing has something to do with actual products in the showroom, I don't see ever watching it again.

Mark

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by usa1 View Post
    Until "big time" (e.g. F1, NASCAR) car racing has something to do with actual products in the showroom, I don't see ever watching it again.

Mark
    Smal or midsize FWD cars that will brake 20 laps into the race?

Thanks

^
    while agreeing with all of you so far, i have to say the F1 used to be the test lab for public road sportscars and technologies. im not so sure anymore. maybe the KERS will go into production on the next Ferrari F450 to be shown in Frankfurt later this year.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

F1 needs to have a cap on the amount you can spend unless people really enjoy watching a race and not seeing any racing in it.

Ferrari knows it can out spend many companies when it comes to Formula one racing and with the cap this will no longer be the case for them. This is why Ive never really got into F1 racing because when I would watch a race every once in a while it was just Ferrari up front the whole time and they spent 4 times more then some teams to run their cars.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 63GrandSport001 View Post
    F1 needs to have a cap on the amount you can spend unless people really enjoy watching a race and not seeing any racing in it.

Ferrari knows it can out spend many companies when it comes to Formula one racing and with the cap this will no longer be the case for them. This is why Ive never really got into F1 racing because when I would watch a race every once in a while it was just Ferrari up front the whole time and they spent 4 times more then some teams to run their cars.
    I agree w/ you 100%. F1 will be better off without Ferrari. I hope they quit and never return.

6.0 Liter L76 V8 Premium Member jbernie's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Chevrolet Volt

Quote Originally Posted by DRTY View Post
    Even with the convenience of DVR I've only watched 1 complete race this year. F1 used to be the pinnacle of all racing. Now it's a handicapping joke.
    Agreed, F1 prior to 99 was actually really good, that being said in 99 I moved to the USA from Australia and didn't get to see much on tv but F1 was great to watch.

Now F1 is almost... be first through the first corner of the race and so long as you dont crash you win the race.

Though I do wonder, if Ferarri were to pull itself from F1, where would they go to race instead? ALMS & LMS is good racing but GT2 isn't exacly the pinnacle of racing, maybe they could go into the P1 class as that could make for some top notch Audi vs Ferarri competition.
    Talk is cheap, sometimes it is on sale.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Putting a cap on spending is a good idea. Not sure about the rest. I only follow F1 occasionally since Schumacher is gone. But whatever regulations were enacted this year seem absurd that have caused all the big teams to lose and all the traditional losers are now suddenly doing well (Toyota ahead of Ferrari in points- ha!)

Something has to change because who the hell is going to get excited over whether Brawn wins over Red Bull.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '72 LT1/T56 Vega

Quote Originally Posted by benroethig View Post
    Smal or midsize FWD cars that will brake 20 laps into the race?
    No, SCCA. You're very misinformed.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Rocket 88 Hidden Content
    Well isn't that special, Mr. I love the Axis.
    According to the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board, Alberta's oil sand deposits contain approximately 1.7 trillion barrels of bitumen, of which over 175 billion are recoverable with current technology, and 315 billion barrels are utimately recoverable with technological advances. The Athasbasca Oil Sands Deposit is, by itself, the largest petroleum resource in the world. - Hidden Content - viewed 10-17-2007

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Kia Soul Turbo/ 2018 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by 2648562 View Post
    I agree w/ you 100%. F1 will be better off without Ferrari. I hope they quit and never return.
    I agree.

While I understand F1 used to have a lot of 'cutting edge' technology that made its way into production cars....it really isn't about that as much anymore. As a race fan (which I watch 1 or 2 F1 races a year, so not sure how much of a fan I am), I say to Ferrari good bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 63GrandSport001 View Post

Sounds like the New York Yankees, only every once in a while the underdog wins.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ColinOpseth View Post
    No, SCCA. You're very misinformed.
    There's a bit of difference between some weekend warrior going racing in his
    sonata and a professional racing series.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information