ARX: Americas Rallycross Championship set to debut at Silverstone

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: ARX: Americas Rallycross Championship set to debut at Silverstone

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 1,031 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

ARX: Americas Rallycross Championship set to debut at Silverstone

Americas Rallycross Championship set to debut at Silverstone
    By: RACER Staff | May 22, 2018
    Racer.com

The Americas Rallycross Championship, a new series featuring rallycross stars and drivers from the formed Red Bull Global Rallycross Series, will debut at Silverstone as part of the Speedmachine festival this weekend.

The ARC was initially launched in March by IMG, the international sports marketing giant which organizes the World and European Rallycross championships. It was meant to rival GRC until the latter series abruptly ceased operations in April amid a litany of legal action and unpaid bills to vendors and host venues.

Among the teams and drivers committed to the series are Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross with drivers Tanner Foust and Scott Speed and Subaru Rally Team USA with drivers Patrik Sandell, David Higgins, and Chris Atkinson. Ken Block and his Hoonigan Racing Division announced in April that they have teamed up with rallycross driver Steve Arpin and Loenbro Motorsports with an intent to take part in the inaugural season.

CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE
    "La vita č come un albero di Natale..c'č sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nadepalma For This Useful Post:

Cobaltss_King (05-24-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 1,031 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Re: ARX: Americas Rallycross Championship set to debut at Silverstone

Quote Originally Posted by Racer.com
    “We are incredibly excited to welcome the Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross and Subaru Rally teams to Silverstone, and look forward to seeing them line up for the start of the new Championship. With Hoonigan Racing Division’s Ken Block and Steve Arpin also entering the future rounds of ARX, it’s going to be fascinating series right to the end.”
    So VW and Subaru are confirmed (and from the looks of it, VW will be sporting aggressive looking Beetles in the series).

Is there any chance that GM (for Ford or FCA) would jump into the mix, especially since the new series is supposed to be based in the "Americas"?

I don't know what vehicle GM could go rallying with, but Ford has had some solid success in rallying with the Focus.

While it will never happen, if FCA wasn't maltreating Lancia, I could easily see something from that hollowed marque making a rally return.
    "La vita č come un albero di Natale..c'č sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,359 Times in 1,343 Posts

Got all excited until..

Fans will be able to watch live on the ARX Rallycross Facebook page.
    Big fat fail.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

91fairladyZ (05-24-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,306 Times in 4,033 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by nadepalma View Post
    So VW and Subaru are confirmed (and from the looks of it, VW will be sporting aggressive looking Beetles in the series).

Is there any chance that GM (for Ford or FCA) would jump into the mix, especially since the new series is supposed to be based in the "Americas"?

I don't know what vehicle GM could go rallying with, but Ford has had some solid success in rallying with the Focus.

While it will never happen, if FCA wasn't maltreating Lancia, I could easily see something from that hollowed marque making a rally return.
    This type of racing for me died with group B...

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 91fairladyZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 GMC Acadia SLT2 Silver

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    This type of racing for me died with group B...

Rallycross cars are a lot more powerful than regular rally cars. Not quite group B, but interesting. I'll pay attention to see what's up.

Thanks

It looks like the Red Bull Global Rally cross series is turning into this new series. I’m happy that they found a way to keep things going. The racing is pretty exciting and as stated the power level of the cars is pretty impressive.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 13’ Audi A3 Hatch TDI
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 SDRacing's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 K2500 Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by nadepalma View Post

I don't see GM participating. They already half heartedly tried with backing Pat Moro and the Chevy Sonic. I was so hoping the Sonic would take off in the Red Bull series, but it just never happened.
    Dreaming for a Fullsize Silverado ZR2 Raptor fighter!!
    Hidden Content
    - Long live the Kodiak 4x4s -

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information