Saab 9-4X Renderings

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saab 9-4X Renderings

Thanks

Saab 9-4X Renderings

CARSCOOP's little chit-chat with a Saab PR last week wasnít only about the facelifted 9-3 thatís coming this fall with a new AWD version fitted with a 290Hp 2.8 V6 Turbo engine, as we also learned that Saab will debut its first-ever compact SUV, the 9-4X, towards the end of 2008.

Although not officialy confirmed, itís rumored that Saabís 9-4X will be based on the next-gen Opel Vectra / Saab 9-3 / Cadillac BLX platform. Talking about Cadillac, the American car-maker will also produce their versions of the Saab 9-4X, both of whom will compete against the likes of BMWís X3 and the upcoming Mercedes MLK, Volvo XC60 & Audi Q5 SUVís. Back to Saab, GMís Swedish-arm will probably tease us with a prototype version of the 9-4X in the upcoming months but until then; check out a bunch of computer-generated renderings from the swedish mag, Teknikens Varld.

[Source: CARSCOOP]

Continued- More images
    http://thecarblogger.blogspot.com/20...enderings.html

This suggested front-end is miles better than the front of the 9-3 facelift.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Re: Saab 9-4X Renderings

This looks a bit bigger than a Vibe??? Or is it much larger?

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Chevy Sonic

is this stated to be on EPII? or TE?
    SANITIZED: for your viewing pleasure

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by civilzues
    is this stated to be on EPII? or TE?
    From the article it refers to the Epi II but in passing I heard that Theta was going to be the platform that underpins this ute. Either way it looks like a very sharp lookin' car and shows a promising future for SAAB.

GMI Contributor Premium Member Ming's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing against Saab's model here, but is it just me or are todays "small SUV's" just cleverly restyled station wagons?

I noticed this with the Jeep Patriot, and yesterday was reading up on the KIA Rondo that from the specs might as well be a wagon, save perhaps for a slightly higher seating position. Most specs were very similar to a Suzuki Forenza Wagon, which is more of a pure wagon off a sedan.

So is this just a restyled 9-3 wagon? Is having a cargo area with a hatch on a pre-existing sedan such a terrible thing that it needs to be masked as something else?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 69Firebird400's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '13 S6, '13 Sienna, '17 Q5

Those renderings look much better than some of Saab's recent restyles (9-5, 9-3). I like the proportions. The trend of making windows smaller and smaller continues, however...

So, I've heard that Epsilon II and Theta II will share a lot of common components. What's the rollout order supposed to be for this new platform? Will the 9-4x and 9-3 get it first, before the LaCrosse, Vectra, etc?
    Hidden Content
    2013 Audi S6 4.0T quattro
    2013 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 902 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    Nothing against Saab's model here, but is it just me or are todays "small SUV's" just cleverly restyled station wagons?

I noticed this with the Jeep Patriot, and yesterday was reading up on the KIA Rondo that from the specs might as well be a wagon, save perhaps for a slightly higher seating position. Most specs were very similar to a Suzuki Forenza Wagon, which is more of a pure wagon off a sedan.

So is this just a restyled 9-3 wagon? Is having a cargo area with a hatch on a pre-existing sedan such a terrible thing that it needs to be masked as something else?
    I think that this is a phenomenon industry-wide Ming. What is old is new again -- albeit with a different moniker and with different marketing. No one wants a station wagon or an "estate" or whatever folks want to call it. But they do love catchy things like "crossover and crossover SUV or CUV". So yeah, to a degree the 9-4X (from this rendering) is another one of those inbetween vehicles that seems part SUV, part wagon and partly rugged.

Who knows. Personally, as long as it is attractive and it handles well, has a good turbo engine with good mix of fuel-economy and thrust, then most Saabphiles (and I'm one of them) probably wont care much.
    "La vita Ť come un albero di Natale..c'Ť sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

Thanks

Looks ugly. The 9-3 sport combi looks better. I like the Saab look, but it doesn't work on tall wagons.

Thanks

getting rid of the signature Saab grille for yet one more trapedoidal cutout is just incredibly dumb.

everything from Acura to Mazda use a single, trapezoidal grille.

but after the 9-7 and 9-2, and the 9-5 refresh, anything GM does with Saab will appear quite cunning.

Thanks

I like the direction but, the holes to the left and right of center part of the grille needs to be bigger. If Saab/GM isn't going to make the Aero X (dummies!) then at least use its' front design as is on one of the future models. It was perfect!
    Hidden Content
    A turbo is a terrible thing to waste! Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by CaymanS

Wow that actually looks really awesome!

I hope Saab really builds it!!

GM's future small crossover platform anyone??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ming

It isn't just you. Seems like the next step "down" would be a normal wagon, it seems like some time ago that an automaker made a wagon that could seat more than 5. It seems that making what could be a wagon into a crossover is what people want, and if it sells, then why not.
    No longer have the Cavalier, now it's a Cobalt!

Thanks

nice! looks very saabish and very cool

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

Wow.... I love it! It does a much better job at capturing the face of the Aero-X concept, and it is something that looks fresh and different, not like some of the other triplets that can be seen throughout the GM lineup. I did consider a small SUV when looking for my current vehicle, but couldn't find something that I liked. If something like this were to pop up, I will tell you what, it would hold a strong place in my list of vehicles to look at.

The only thing that I might like to see change, are headlights and small grilles similar to what the Aero-X has, for some reason those two small chrome grilles remind me somewhat of something like Land Rover or Mercury might do.... (it's the chrome or brushed metal look!)

It looks great!

-Chase
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2003 Honda S2000
    1997 BMW 328iS
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    1984 Mercedes-Benz 230CE
    1998 BMW 328iS

Thanks

Sweet!!! That looks excellent! And a great market for Saab to contribute to!

Plus, a Caddy version AND these are all based on the Epsilon II platform!! Am I having a wet dream?!?!? I've been waiting for GM to share the Epsilon platform with some 'crossover' SUVs, and now the will be!!!!!!! Yeah, baby!

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information