While Opel no longer be part of the GM family, maybe some prospective Buick Regal owners find these statistics interesting.
Orders of the new Insignia are well above what Opel had expected to receive despite order books for the Insignia Grand Sport and the Insignia Sports Tourer only having opened in mid-February and the flagship only having arrived at dealership in many major markets in late June. Now that the market launch is underway, the first wins in comparison tests are also rolling in. The success is made even more apparent by a look at the take rates of various features.
- The feature topping almost every Insignia owner’s wish list is Navi 900 IntelliLink – almost 9 out of 10 Opel Insignias have already been ordered with the top-of-the-range infotainment system.
- 70% of new Insignias are ordered with the high level of comfort provided by the ergonomically certified AGR (Aktion Gesunder Rücken / Campaign for Healthier Backs) front seats. In addition to numerous adjustment options, the ergonomic front seats in the new Insignia offer a unique combination of electric side bolster settings, massage, memory and ventilation functions. They provide excellent long-distance travel seating comfort and continue the Opel tradition of award-winning, back-friendly seats that are offered at very attractive prices.
- One of the technology highlights driving the success of the new Opel Insignia is the new generation of the trendsetting Opel IntelliLux LED® matrix headlights. 63% of the flagship from Rüsselsheim are ordered with the innovative system.
- The uplevel trims available for the new Opel Insignia are also proving extremely popular with customers. Currently, over 60 percent of the over 50,000 Insignia buyers from across Europe have opted for higher trim levels.
- With the first results of the comparison tests against various competitors having recently been published, the Insignia is proving that Opel have found the winning formula once again. To date, Opel’s new flagship has won eight of 13 comparison tests (62 percent)