New Opel Astra: Sports Tourer and BiTurbo-Diesel Available for Order

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: New Opel Astra: Sports Tourer and BiTurbo-Diesel Available for Order

  1. #1
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member Toto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dortmund
    Posts
    3,750
    Thanks
    215
    Thanked 885 Times in 481 Posts
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

    New Opel Astra: Sports Tourer and BiTurbo-Diesel Available for Order

    Opel Media Online
    2015-10-09

    - Spacious station wagon now available: Prices for Astra Sports Tourer start at €18,260
    - Family resemblance: All innovative technologies from 5-door Astra carried over
    - New powerful premium diesel: 1.6 BiTurbo CDTI with 118 KW/160 PS
    - Clever: Flexible up to 1,630 liter large loading space with power tailgate





    Rüsselsheim. The new Astra generation is continuing to grab the headlines. After recently celebrating its world premiere at the Frankfurt Motor Show, the 5-door variants will now roll to dealerships. This coming weekend potential customers will be able to take a seat in the new Astra at Opel partners across Germany. But that is not all: Order books for the new Sports Tourer will open simultaneously with the 5-door dealer launch. The dynamic looking station wagon with loading space of up to 1,630 liters is available from just €18,260 (all prices RRP in Germany). A new top-of-the-range diesel presently only available for the Astra will also make its debut. The 1.6 BiTurbo CDTI with 118 kW/160 hp delivers maximum torque of 350 Nm from 1,500 rpm. In combination with a six-speed transmission and Start/Stop, it consumes just 4.2 liters per 100 kilometers for the combined cycle (CO2: 110-107g/km) in the new Astra Sports Tourer.

    Read the full press release at the above link.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Greg Burr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,970
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 153 Times in 95 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Ford Mustang Pony

    Re: New Opel Astra: Sports Tourer and BiTurbo-Diesel Available for Order

    Why don't we have this here? I'm looking to buy in the next 1-2 years. Could knock the Mustang GT out of the top pick if it offers AWD

  4. #3
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member Toto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dortmund
    Posts
    3,750
    Thanks
    215
    Thanked 885 Times in 481 Posts
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

    Re: New Opel Astra: Sports Tourer and BiTurbo-Diesel Available for Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Burr View Post
    Why don't we have this here? I'm looking to buy in the next 1-2 years. Could knock the Mustang GT out of the top pick if it offers AWD
    No AWD, sorry.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    8,486
    Thanks
    3,822
    Thanked 3,070 Times in 1,900 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

    Re: New Opel Astra: Sports Tourer and BiTurbo-Diesel Available for Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Burr View Post
    Why don't we have this here? I'm looking to buy in the next 1-2 years. Could knock the Mustang GT out of the top pick if it offers AWD
    It may come here, but in a CUV like the Envision

  7. #5
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Greg Burr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,970
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 153 Times in 95 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Ford Mustang Pony

    Re: New Opel Astra: Sports Tourer and BiTurbo-Diesel Available for Order

    Then another possibility would be an Insignia wagon with AWD in its next iteration.

  8. #6
    1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
    My Ride
    Holden VF Calais V Karma

    Re: New Opel Astra: Sports Tourer and BiTurbo-Diesel Available for Order

    Could be a good engine for the Cadillac ATS in Europe if the emissions problems can be overcome.

  9. #7
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,793
    Thanks
    6,505
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,376 Posts

    Re: New Opel Astra: Sports Tourer and BiTurbo-Diesel Available for Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Toto View Post
    Opel Media Online
    2015-10-09

    - Spacious station wagon now available: Prices for Astra Sports Tourer start at €18,260
    - Family resemblance: All innovative technologies from 5-door Astra carried over
    - New powerful premium diesel: 1.6 BiTurbo CDTI with 118 KW/160 PS
    - Clever: Flexible up to 1,630 liter large loading space with power tailgate





    Rüsselsheim. The new Astra generation is continuing to grab the headlines. After recently celebrating its world premiere at the Frankfurt Motor Show, the 5-door variants will now roll to dealerships. This coming weekend potential customers will be able to take a seat in the new Astra at Opel partners across Germany. But that is not all: Order books for the new Sports Tourer will open simultaneously with the 5-door dealer launch. The dynamic looking station wagon with loading space of up to 1,630 liters is available from just €18,260 (all prices RRP in Germany). A new top-of-the-range diesel presently only available for the Astra will also make its debut. The 1.6 BiTurbo CDTI with 118 kW/160 hp delivers maximum torque of 350 Nm from 1,500 rpm. In combination with a six-speed transmission and Start/Stop, it consumes just 4.2 liters per 100 kilometers for the combined cycle (CO2: 110-107g/km) in the new Astra Sports Tourer.

    Read the full press release at the above link.
    When will we see the Buick Verano Sports Tourer and Cross Country in the the U.S.?

    Subaru is selling plenty of XV Crosstreks and the Buick Verano Cross Country would be a superior vehicle and can compliment the 160 hp 1.6 BiTurbo CDTI with the Malibu Hybrid powertrain to compete with the Crosstrek. Buick has far more than enough dealers to outsell Subaru and the Buick brand has more pricing power to retain margins on mid-volume selling products like the Sports Tourer and Cross Country.

    The Buick Verano Sports Tourer with 160 hp 1.6 BiTurbo CDTI can actually attract VW owners, something any Chevy will struggle with.

    Time for GM to maximize investment in the Buick/GMC/Holden/Opel/Vauxhall "brand" by placing the proper products with the proper brands in the proper markets.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Burr View Post
    Then another possibility would be an Insignia wagon with AWD in its next iteration.
    Agree.

    Need the Insignia Sports Tourer and Cross Country in the U.S. ASAP, the Cross Country in particular to compete with the Outback and broaden Buick's "Crossover" portfolio as I see vehicles like the XV Crosstrek and Outback as the next profitable growth segments in the industry. Buick is sitting on four viable contenders in the segment (Buick can offer a FWD "Cross Country" as a base to the AWD Cross Country, like the Encore CUV does) and to date has refused to take advantage of them.
    Last edited by SierraGS; 10-11-2015 at 10:36 AM.

  10. #8
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AMcA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,848
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 536 Times in 295 Posts

    Re: New Opel Astra: Sports Tourer and BiTurbo-Diesel Available for Order

    They'll only sell it here if they CUV it: give it a higher center of gravity for more secure handling and emergency maneuvering, and give it a larger frontal area for improved economy.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to AMcA For This Useful Post:

    kts350 (10-11-2015)

  12. #9
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 LGRpup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    922
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 56 Times in 19 Posts

    Re: New Opel Astra: Sports Tourer and BiTurbo-Diesel Available for Order

    I see what you did there, and I like it.

  13. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    10,133
    Thanks
    13,096
    Thanked 3,749 Times in 2,430 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: New Opel Astra: Sports Tourer and BiTurbo-Diesel Available for Order

    I sure wish that GM would bring this here to the USofA as a Buick.

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2