Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

  1. #1
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member Toto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dortmund
    Posts
    3,750
    Thanks
    215
    Thanked 885 Times in 481 Posts
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

    Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    The German car mag Auto Bild claims that Opel will show a new GT at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. Based on the new Astra, starting price could be around €25,000 says Auto Bild.


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toto For This Useful Post:

    Butz (09-13-2015),georgewerr (09-13-2015),johnstarnes (09-13-2015)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  4. #2
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 JimmyDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,326
    Thanks
    1,983
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,334 Posts

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    Ok, I'll be the first to say it. Will it be engineered to sell in the US? Seems like the cheap sports car everyone here is looking for...
    Last edited by JimmyDiablo; 09-13-2015 at 07:12 AM.

  5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (09-13-2015),Cphelps (09-14-2015),EJD1984 (09-13-2015),georgewerr (09-13-2015),Mentat Bashar (09-13-2015),paul8488 (09-13-2015),RoyG (09-13-2015),sfbreh (09-13-2015),sledgehammer777 (09-14-2015),steve333 (09-13-2015)

  6. #3
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 samy1691's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    593
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 46 Times in 23 Posts

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    Who gives a ****!!!!!

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  8. #4
    1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC Loyal2GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
    My Ride
    2012 Camaro & 2013 Acadia

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    Whoa! Looks great. Now lets not ruin it by putting a hideous Buick waterfall grill on it. Just leave it as it is and sell it as an Opel through Buick dealers.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loyal2GM For This Useful Post:

    Cobaltss_King (09-14-2015),Mentat Bashar (09-13-2015),richmond2000 (09-13-2015)

  10. #5
    6.0 Liter L76 V8 Mentat Bashar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Air Capital of the World
    Posts
    2,070
    Thanks
    830
    Thanked 734 Times in 436 Posts
    My Ride
    2004 Accord Coupe' V6 6spd

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    Nice! I like it!
    "I do not care about inequality because I'm not envious. I care about poverty."

    Apostrophes: Hidden Content

    Spelling: Hidden Content

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mentat Bashar For This Useful Post:

    johnstarnes (09-13-2015)

  12. #6
    News Contributor Premium Member EJD1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    5,461
    Thanks
    1,142
    Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,148 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    Ok, I'll be the first to say it. Will it be engineered to sell in the US? Seems like the cheap sports car everyone here is looking for...
    I hope so. If this preliminary report is true, I'm a little disappointed that it's not going to be rwd based.

  13. #7
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    23,621
    Thanks
    4,145
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    This would make no new GTC acceptable...
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

    Hidden Content

  14. #8
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 JimmyDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,326
    Thanks
    1,983
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,334 Posts

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    Quote Originally Posted by EJD1984 View Post
    I hope so. If this preliminary report is true, I'm a little disappointed that it's not going to be rwd based.
    Meh, the problem with RWD is that it will always have the glass ceiling of Camaro. So it will always be plagued with tiny engines, always leaving buyers wanting more. So I think this is the way to go. And Opel has done amazing things with OPC so higher powered FWD is not the issue that it is here in the US.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

    paul8488 (09-13-2015),richmond2000 (09-13-2015)

  16. #9
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    666
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 141 Times in 74 Posts

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal2GM View Post
    Whoa! Looks great. Now lets not ruin it by putting a hideous Buick waterfall grill on it. Just leave it as it is and sell it as an Opel through Buick dealers.
    That's your opinion that Buick's waterfall grille is hideous, but it's not mine. Anyway, Buick is changing the grille, as shown by the Cascada and the Avenir Concept.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to 1957wildcat For This Useful Post:

    johnstarnes (09-13-2015)

  18. #10
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    15,058
    Thanks
    6,787
    Thanked 9,314 Times in 4,560 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    Nice! GM USA needs something like this (assuming it is priced in the Cruze range) to pull in young, performance oriented people. Just don't make the car so expensive that it is unaffordable.

    As for the grill, I think Buick needs two grills for their cars, similar to Mercedes. The waterfall grill is ok for traditional Buicks, but Buick needs something sportier for the Regal and if they bring this Opel GT over, the waterfall doesn't look sporty.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (09-13-2015),bronco5280 (09-13-2015)

  20. #11
    News Contributor Premium Member EJD1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    5,461
    Thanks
    1,142
    Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,148 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    Meh, the problem with RWD is that it will always have the glass ceiling of Camaro. So it will always be plagued with tiny engines, always leaving buyers wanting more. So I think this is the way to go. And Opel has done amazing things with OPC so higher powered FWD is not the issue that it is here in the US.
    I fully understand, more of a personal preference.. Maybe it can be offered with an optional awd system with a user interface(dial) to bias the system to near rwd power distribution.
    I believe Audi has a similar automatic system.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to EJD1984 For This Useful Post:

    sfbreh (09-13-2015)

  22. #12
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    351
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 74 Times in 43 Posts

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Nice! GM USA needs something like this (assuming it is priced in the Cruze range) to pull in young, performance oriented people. Just don't make the car so expensive that it is unaffordable.

    As for the grill, I think Buick needs two grills for their cars, similar to Mercedes. The waterfall grill is ok for traditional Buicks, but Buick needs something sportier for the Regal and if they bring this Opel GT over, the waterfall doesn't look sporty.
    Right. It has to be priced much lower than the Camaro and offer some truly affordable excitement. Note that this does not necessarily mean that it has to be a drag strip champ.

  23. #13
    Chevrolet VOLT
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    10,124
    Thanks
    13,079
    Thanked 3,742 Times in 2,427 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    One nice looking car with beautiful lines. I'll be the first to put this out there after the engineered for the US statement, A modern more sporty take on the Riviera type coupe would be nice for Buick.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

    johnstarnes (09-13-2015)

  25. #14
    Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,998
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    I dunno. Even if it's as nice looking as that rendering, I don't see a FWD coupe priced as high as it probably would as a Buick doing all that well in the US. With standard 300+ horsepower and Active 4x4 then maybe, but otherwise I don't really see people going for it over various other GMs available above or below it, such as the Camaro for those wanting the performance and dynamics and the ATS for a more premium, exclusive vehicle with those dynamics. It could work, I'm just not confident it would. Depends I suppose on how it's actually positioned.

  26. #15
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member Toto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dortmund
    Posts
    3,750
    Thanks
    215
    Thanked 885 Times in 481 Posts
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

    Re: Auto Bild: New Opel GT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
    I dunno. Even if it's as nice looking as that rendering, I don't see a FWD coupe priced as high as it probably would as a Buick doing all that well in the US. With standard 300+ horsepower and Active 4x4 then maybe, but otherwise I don't really see people going for it over various other GMs available above or below it, such as the Camaro for those wanting the performance and dynamics and the ATS for a more premium, exclusive vehicle with those dynamics. It could work, I'm just not confident it would. Depends I suppose on how it's actually positioned.
    Opel's version of the Audi TT, if true.

  27. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2