Anything but Cute: The New Opel ADAM ROCKS S

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anything but Cute: The New Opel ADAM ROCKS S

6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member Toto's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

Anything but Cute: The New Opel ADAM ROCKS S

Opel Media Online
    2015-04-08

- World premiere: Sporty mini-crossover to celebrate debut at the AutoRAI in Amsterdam
    - Powerful: 110 kW/150 hp, 220 Nm of torque and performance chassis
    - Fast: From 0 to 100 km/h in 8.5 seconds, top speed of 210 km/h
    - Stylish: Sturdy outdoor look, fresh colors and designs

Rüsselsheim/Amsterdam. Anything but cute and definitely not slow – the brand new Opel ADAM ROCKS S will celebrate its world premiere at the International Amsterdam Motorshow (AutoRAI, April 17 to 26). With its sturdy, masculine appearance, the Swing Top canvas roof and powerful 1.4-liter turbo ECOTEC engine the 3.75 meters long ADAM ROCKS S will appeal to customers who want to combine dynamic driving outside of the city with thirst for adventure, open air feeling and stylish design.

The powerful 110 kW/150 hp ECOTEC engine with Start/Stop makes do with a mere 5.9 liters of gasoline per 100 kilometers in the combined cycle, which is equivalent to 139 g/km of CO2. It is fitted with a short ratio 6-speed gearbox. Accelerations are those of a small sporty car – 100 km/h are reached in 8.5 seconds – but the ADAM ROCKS S mainly impresses with great elasticity: it makes the transition for 80 to 120 km/h in fifth gear in just 7.9 seconds. Top speed is 210 km/h.

Thus, the ADAM ROCKS S is perfectly equipped for fast and sporty excursions. Furthermore, a specially tuned sport chassis, lowered by 15 mm compared to the ADAM ROCKS, and a direct sporty steering increase driving pleasure especially on winding country roads. A high performance braking system and an ESP system that can be deactivated offer ambitious drivers the possibility of safely pushing the rock and roll athlete to its limits.

“The combination of it’s rugged, adventurous looks, plus it’s sharp sporty performance gives the ADAM ROCKS S its very own unique personality,” said Mark Adams, Opel's Vice President of Design. “The typical protective cladding and the strongly defined contours of the side sills give it a purposeful appearance with the engine and the chassis delivering pure driving pleasure,” added Niels Loeb, chief designer of the ADAM ROCKS S

Ready to rock: Individual design with sporty touch

ADAM ROCKS S combines its rugged individuality with open air fun. The standard Swing Top canvas roof gives quick access to the sky above. It is electrically operated via a button located in the front area of the headliner and folds back in just 5 seconds. ADAM ROCKS S is firmly planted on the road with wide front and rear tracks (1,472 and 1,464 mm respectively) that give it a lot of presence. Its’ special sportswear is composed of an extended rear bumper cut-out with a visible, bold exhaust tailpipe and an unmistakeable rear spoiler planted on the roof.

To enable everybody to customize the looks of their own ADAM ROCKS S according to their own taste, there is a total of eleven body paint choices that can be combined with five roof colors including the new, vibrant, ‘Red ‘n’ Roll’ that is exclusively available for the S models of the ADAM family. As an option, the ‘Red ʼn‘ Roll‘ color theme can also play a dominant role in the sporty interior and it gives the optional leather package with seat and steering wheel heating a special touch.

Modern Opel technologies and outstanding connectivity

Parking in the city becomes child’s play when the ADAM ROCKS is fitted with the optional Advanced Park Assist. At speeds below 30 km/h, the system identifies suitable parking spaces and automatically parks the car. Advanced Park Assist always comes with Side Blind Spot Alert. It uses the ultrasonic sensors to warn the driver of an imminent collision when changing lanes. Side Blind Spot Alert works in speeds ranging from 11 km/h to 140 km/h.

And even the most dynamic driver will not have to miss out on all-round connectivity in the ADAM ROCKS S with Opel’s IntelliLink infotainment systems bringing the world of smartphones, both Android and Apple iOS, into the cabin.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toto For This Useful Post:

70eldo (04-09-2015),Butz (04-08-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 AndreaCristiano's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

Re: Anything but Cute: The New Opel ADAM ROCKS S

Quote Originally Posted by Toto View Post
    Opel Media Online
    2015-04-08

- World premiere: Sporty mini-crossover to celebrate debut at the AutoRAI in Amsterdam
    - Powerful: 110 kW/150 hp, 220 Nm of torque and performance chassis
    - Fast: From 0 to 100 km/h in 8.5 seconds, top speed of 210 km/h
    - Stylish: Sturdy outdoor look, fresh colors and designs

Rüsselsheim/Amsterdam. Anything but cute and definitely not slow – the brand new Opel ADAM ROCKS S will celebrate its world premiere at the International Amsterdam Motorshow (AutoRAI, April 17 to 26). With its sturdy, masculine appearance, the Swing Top canvas roof and powerful 1.4-liter turbo ECOTEC engine the 3.75 meters long ADAM ROCKS S will appeal to customers who want to combine dynamic driving outside of the city with thirst for adventure, open air feeling and stylish design.

The powerful 110 kW/150 hp ECOTEC engine with Start/Stop makes do with a mere 5.9 liters of gasoline per 100 kilometers in the combined cycle, which is equivalent to 139 g/km of CO2. It is fitted with a short ratio 6-speed gearbox. Accelerations are those of a small sporty car – 100 km/h are reached in 8.5 seconds – but the ADAM ROCKS S mainly impresses with great elasticity: it makes the transition for 80 to 120 km/h in fifth gear in just 7.9 seconds. Top speed is 210 km/h.

Thus, the ADAM ROCKS S is perfectly equipped for fast and sporty excursions. Furthermore, a specially tuned sport chassis, lowered by 15 mm compared to the ADAM ROCKS, and a direct sporty steering increase driving pleasure especially on winding country roads. A high performance braking system and an ESP system that can be deactivated offer ambitious drivers the possibility of safely pushing the rock and roll athlete to its limits.

“The combination of it’s rugged, adventurous looks, plus it’s sharp sporty performance gives the ADAM ROCKS S its very own unique personality,” said Mark Adams, Opel's Vice President of Design. “The typical protective cladding and the strongly defined contours of the side sills give it a purposeful appearance with the engine and the chassis delivering pure driving pleasure,” added Niels Loeb, chief designer of the ADAM ROCKS S

Ready to rock: Individual design with sporty touch

ADAM ROCKS S combines its rugged individuality with open air fun. The standard Swing Top canvas roof gives quick access to the sky above. It is electrically operated via a button located in the front area of the headliner and folds back in just 5 seconds. ADAM ROCKS S is firmly planted on the road with wide front and rear tracks (1,472 and 1,464 mm respectively) that give it a lot of presence. Its’ special sportswear is composed of an extended rear bumper cut-out with a visible, bold exhaust tailpipe and an unmistakeable rear spoiler planted on the roof.

To enable everybody to customize the looks of their own ADAM ROCKS S according to their own taste, there is a total of eleven body paint choices that can be combined with five roof colors including the new, vibrant, ‘Red ‘n’ Roll’ that is exclusively available for the S models of the ADAM family. As an option, the ‘Red ʼn‘ Roll‘ color theme can also play a dominant role in the sporty interior and it gives the optional leather package with seat and steering wheel heating a special touch.

Modern Opel technologies and outstanding connectivity

Parking in the city becomes child’s play when the ADAM ROCKS is fitted with the optional Advanced Park Assist. At speeds below 30 km/h, the system identifies suitable parking spaces and automatically parks the car. Advanced Park Assist always comes with Side Blind Spot Alert. It uses the ultrasonic sensors to warn the driver of an imminent collision when changing lanes. Side Blind Spot Alert works in speeds ranging from 11 km/h to 140 km/h.

And even the most dynamic driver will not have to miss out on all-round connectivity in the ADAM ROCKS S with Opel’s IntelliLink infotainment systems bringing the world of smartphones, both Android and Apple iOS, into the cabin.
    Why is this not here GM! Oh and ps thank God you don't know what my club is ....JUVENTUS

John 25:11
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.
    Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; JOHN 11 25

Thanks
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    Why is this not here GM! Oh and ps thank God you don't know what my club is ....JUVENTUS

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.
    Even after 18 years it hurts you that much?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Toto For This Useful Post:

cone-A (04-09-2015)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

This car looks great but so do many other cars not offered in America.

Thanks
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

Even after 18 years it hurts you that much?
    Ahahaha 😜👍

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; JOHN 11 25

Thanks
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

Quote Originally Posted by ocmdog View Post
    This car looks great but so do many other cars not offered in America.
    American automakers don't realize Americans want the same ( for the most part) vehicles.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AndreaCristiano For This Useful Post:

ocmdog (04-08-2015)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,627 Times in 3,686 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

That is the floating roof Idea nissan datsun stole

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 91fairladyZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 GMC Acadia SLT2 Silver

If this is basically a sporty Spark, I would love to see GM offer this performance package over here to compete with the Fiesta ST.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

Quote Originally Posted by 91fairladyZ View Post
    If this is basically a sporty Spark, I would love to see GM offer this performance package over here to compete with the Fiesta ST.
    ADAM and ADAM ROCKS have nothing in common with the Spark. Complete different platforms.

From left to right, ADAM S, Corsa OPC and Karl (aka Spark).

Last edited by Toto; 04-08-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

ADAM and ADAM ROCKS have nothing in common with the Spark. Complete different platforms.

From left to right, ADAM S, Corsa OPC and Karl (aka Spark).

All cars that should be here. We in the US complain about CAFE etc and want better vehicles for the situation yet our companies completely don't see the easy solutions

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 965 Posts
    My Ride
    です

Judging by how popular the 500 is, there is definitely a market for it here.

Thanks

make it a chevy and i'll buy it!!!

Thanks
    My Ride
    13 Cruze LTZ RS

Quote Originally Posted by Butz View Post
    Judging by how popular the 500 is, there is definitely a market for it here.
    500, Mini Cooper etc.
    I don't understand why VW hasn't brought the Polo yet

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Kia Soul Turbo/ 2018 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by 91fairladyZ View Post
    I agree.

While I think it would be great if they offered it here, I'll almost be just as happy if they offer most of the goodies here on the new Spark...give us the bigger engine in the Spark.

That may make me happy, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post

"I do not care for religion. It comes between me and my God. "
    Park the s**tbox and come with me.

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information