XT6 full review/drive, pricing - Page 6

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: XT6 full review/drive, pricing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 606 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Re: XT6 full review/drive, pricing

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    I've already seen one in the flesh and I wasn't all that impressed. Front end looks nice but the sides and rear are bland. Sticker was $56k so not a terrible price but honestly doesn't stand out in a crowd of already boring CUV's.
    I think styling kind of kills it for me.

XT5 looks really slick but it wasn't carried over at all to the XT6. It's just ok.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kool1 For This Useful Post:

ryannel2003 (07-02-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 7,518 Times in 3,807 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    No, I didn't mean "GMfanboi" as an insult so stop it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    When are you going to stop digging on this one!?

He said "A", but you know he meant "B"? Seriously?

I didn't read into it what you did, he repeatedly said that isn't what he meant.............

I get it, the underbelly is soft, I'd be upset too, but don't take it out on him.
    The thing is I'm not upset, nor taking anything out on Mr. Buttons. I'm just pointing out that using "fanboi" is typically associated with an insult and that is how I read it. I don't think I've ever seen it used in any other way.

And sorry Mr. Buttons, it wasn't my intention to get you purple haired.

And no Ed, I really didn't know he didn't mean it as an insult. Didn't mean to get you in your soft underbelly. I was just being factual like you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-03-2019)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    The thing is I'm not upset, nor taking anything out on Mr. Buttons. I'm just pointing out that using "fanboi" is typically associated with an insult and that is how I read it. I don't think I've ever seen it used in any other way.

And sorry Mr. Buttons, it wasn't my intention to get you purple haired.

And no Ed, I really didn't know he didn't mean it as an insult. Didn't mean to get you in your soft underbelly. I was just being factual like you.
    LOL...Respect,Black GTP....the last thing I wanted to do was go all Purple Hair on you...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Buttons For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (07-02-2019)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 7,518 Times in 3,807 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    LOL...Respect,Black GTP....the last thing I wanted to do was go all Purple Hair on you...
    What exactly does purple hair mean or come from - I assume it means freaking out, but I've never heard that one before - I kind of like it.

Thanks
    My Ride
    '09 Ford Flex; '18 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    I don't mind the Traverse, but the Enclave is far better looking. Every time I see a nicely optioned Traverse (especially the Redline) I'm at a loss to figure out why Cadillac didn't take the bones of it and use it for the XT6. Perhaps they thought it was too long to look sporty/athletic? Or could it be, that by sharing about 95% of the XT5 interior, and a lot of commonality with ACADIA/XT5 the development cost savings and ROI was too good to pass up? That's probably the most plausible reason.

Anyhow, they certainly could design and build an 8 seater XT7 off the 120.9" Platform, at least until the VSS-R platform is ready. Just make it AWD only with torque vectoring, and for the love of Zod, give it 400HP/400T.
    I actually think a longer vehicle would help proportions - Cadillac designs/styling elements really excel when they can be stretched out over a long canvas - look at the Ciel or Elmiraj - they were really able to stretch out the lines that give it that dramatic and elegant stance.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    I don't mind the Traverse, but the Enclave is far better looking. Every time I see a nicely optioned Traverse (especially the Redline) I'm at a loss to figure out why Cadillac didn't take the bones of it and use it for the XT6. Perhaps they thought it was too long to look sporty/athletic? Or could it be, that by sharing about 95% of the XT5 interior, and a lot of commonality with ACADIA/XT5 the development cost savings and ROI was too good to pass up? That's probably the most plausible reason.

Anyhow, they certainly could design and build an 8 seater XT7 off the 120.9" Platform, at least until the VSS-R platform is ready. Just make it AWD only with torque vectoring, and for the love of Zod, give it 400HP/400T.
    They said they wanted a sportier SUV. And better handling than the larger ones. I'm pretty sure there's other factors too.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    What exactly does purple hair mean or come from - I assume it means freaking out, but I've never heard that one before - I kind of like it.
    You got it. Comes from the college kids with multi-colored hair having conniptions about one thing or another, tearing up the place, making death threats and then demanding a safe spaces to hide in.
    Last edited by Mr.Buttons; 07-03-2019 at 09:41 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Buttons For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-04-2019)

Thanks

Saw my first XT6 in the wild today and shortly after...saw a Hyundai Palisade, & IMHO Cadillac is in serious trouble here. Forget comparisons to the Aviator, they're going to have to fend off comparisons to Hyundais and KIAs and value isnt going to save it when compared to mid $40k Koreans.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

DequindreToo (07-11-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Saw my first XT6 in the wild today and shortly after...saw a Hyundai Palisade, & IMHO Cadillac is in serious trouble here. Forget comparisons to the Aviator, they're going to have to fend off comparisons to Hyundais and KIAs and value isnt going to save it when compared to mid $40k Koreans.
    The Hyundai/Kia twins are going to be a problem for everybody not just Cadillac. And people luxury shopping will pay an extra $10k for a Cadillac over a Kia.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,837 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
    The Hyundai/Kia twins are going to be a problem for everybody not just Cadillac. And people luxury shopping will pay an extra $10k for a Cadillac over a Kia.
    Just the fact that it is a Cadillac and the stigma of "being seen it it" or saying that they have a Cadillac, I think will be a factor too. Name and brand equity to the Nth degree.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Just the fact that it is a Cadillac and the stigma of "being seen it it" or saying that they have a Cadillac, I think will be a factor too. Name and brand equity to the Nth degree.
    Therin lies the problem, is the Cadillac brand prestigious enough to ask for the extra 10k just because?

Cadillacs are nice but I dont think they have that it factor where people get one just to be seen in it. IMO outside the Escalade, Cadillac is almost like an American Infiniti...that just doesnt know it yet.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Therin lies the problem, is the Cadillac brand prestigious enough to ask for the extra 10k just because?

Cadillacs are nice but I dont think they have that it factor where people get one just to be seen in it. IMO outside the Escalade, Cadillac is almost like an American Infiniti...that just doesnt know it yet.
    Plenty of people buying XT5's and XT4's. Yes the name allows you to charge more versus a Chevy or KIA etc.

20. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information