Surprise! GM CEO Says Cadillac XT6 Will Have SuperCruise At Launch - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Surprise! GM CEO Says Cadillac XT6 Will Have SuperCruise At Launch

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,627 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Re: Surprise! GM CEO Says Cadillac XT6 Will Have SuperCruise At Launch

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I'm growing to appreciate it, though the profile still seems bland to me. I was looking at the profile, take away the rear window upsweep and make it a straight line and I can see a lot of first gen SRX.

I need to see it in real life! Where will I see it first - NY Auto Show or will it be on dealer lots by then?
    I saw the XT6 Premium Luxury at a market research event 21 months ago, and the XC90 was next to it. The XT6 looked every bit as good as the Volvo, and the Volvo is a superb design. When I saw the Volvo in pictures when it was first revealed, the styling looked slightly off and lackluster. Once they hits the streets, I realized pretty quickly, that the camera does in fact lie.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

BahamaTodd (01-27-2019),BlackGTP (01-26-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

Fire Steve AT ONCE. As Cadillac's biggest fan, these ambiguous statements are unbecoming of a "Standard of the World" premium luxury automaker. Just don't say anything at all next time. This new revelation about SuperCruise now being available at launch screams thirsty since every comment ragged on the bland snooze-fest styling of the XT6.

Oh, and stop feeding us half ass crap only non-enthusiasts would swallow. What do you mean you don't see a vehicle to slot in between the XT5 if XT6 was named XT7? You still don't have a slick "concept styled" version of the popular premium luxury Crossover coupe.

Go look at how Audi, BMW and MB has flushed out the ever popular crossover segment:
    Audi: Q2, Q3, Q5, Q7, Q8 (more coming)
    BMW: X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7
    MB: GLA, GLB, GLC, GLC Coupe, GLE, GLE Coupe, GLS, G-Wagon

Cadillac, PLEASE stop getting left behind and half stepping or just throw in the towel altogether.

#Sidenote Do ANY of you follow Cadillac AT ALL? THERE WILL NEVER BE A FWD-based V-SERIES vehicle. Stop asking and hoping for one. V-Sport, maybe, but V-Series NEVER. XT-line will never see a true V-Series model unless it's RWD based. This is the golden rule for the V-Series models.
    RedSkyBlackDream

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    We are in the minority, as I also really like XT6 for what it is, rather than disliking it for what it not. It's handsome with a really nice interior, and will probably undercut the Aviator msrp by a good amount. No doubt a V Series and Platinum version will arrive in due course along with more power.

The front on the Sport in that picture is imo stylistically superior to the bug eyed, derivative Aviator. Some might call it bland, but it's a grower in my estimation.

We are in the minority here, but not in the mainstream, where it counts. A lot of people who see this vehicle are actually excited. It reminds me of when the Gen 2 SRX launched and every so called enthusiast on the Internet was pissed, because Cadillac had decided to not make it RWD again like the Sigma version. The Sigma RWD version that sold 117K units in 7 years vs the FWD based one that came in AWD, that I still see a plethora of rolling around, which sold 370K in the US (not including the 200K extra global units) in the same time.

Listen to an Enthusiast to make money on the mass market and you'll be eating Ramen Oodles of Noodles for Thanksgiving Dinner in the dark, in an efficiency, on the abandoned worst side of town.

Admittedly I'm an enthusiasts. I could really care less about CUVs in general. I love fast cars. An SUV/Pick-Up? Sure. They are extremely useful, plus I'm a dude. A CUV I put on the same level as a get around. I see them as women's rides or a decent daily. I'm not going to be doing any burn-outs or track runs in a damn XT6, X5, Q7, GLE, etc. Just not gonna happen. If Cadillac wants to build a very nice looking, well appointed CUV to make money so they can fund their EVs and Vseries cars then let them build 10 more. If the XT7 comes out and has a low stance, almost wagon like, I'll give it a whirl. Because that's the only type of CUV I'd want as a performance/lux. Sorta like I see so much potential in a 3.0L TT Regal TourX.

And yes. I think the Aviator is ugly as F**K (just like I do the Navigator). But I have to give them credit for powerful engines in it and what looks to be a decent palette of colors for the interior. Both which I think Cadillac lacks in these CUVs despite having access to under utilized powerful alternative engines and the exact same suppliers for more of a variety of colors inside. Am I missing something or can you really only get 2 colors in an XT5, but 16 in a Lexus RX? That's where Cadillac could pick-up a few more sales.. screw that, a bunch more sales

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

ral1960 (01-26-2019),Ute (01-26-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 7,057 Times in 3,642 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by DequindreToo View Post
    What about the XT6 looks American? The design was specifically softened for the Chinese market, and their new crossover strategy is the "same look, different price" thing that Germans do.
    The style can't be confused with anything else on the road, unlike the Aviator where you can point to distinct European style (ironically, like the Chinese "take" the styling from Western makes). The whole Cadillac being Chinese styling is like global warming, you can't point to any one thing and tell me it is for the Chinese. I look at the overall CUV market and the profile on most are bland. Is there a quote from GM saying it was specifically softened for the Chinese?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

JimmyDiablo (01-26-2019),Ute (01-26-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 996 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    The style can't be confused with anything else on the road, unlike the Aviator where you can point to distinct European style. The whole Cadillac being Chinese styling is like global warming, you can't point to any one thing and tell me it is for the Chinese. I look at the overall CUV market and the profile on most are bland. Is there a quote from GM saying it was specifically softened for the Chinese?
    I don't think anyone on GMI knows what that means, they just read it once, and are running with it. There's a certain poster here that would call it "agitprop regurgitated by the masses ".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (01-26-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 69gtsdart View Post
    How though? XT5 Starts at 41K. Even at 49K the Base Aviator would seem like a Better buy because "400hp" is Standard.
    First, don't get me wrong, I think the XT6 needs a TTV6 with 400 hp.

With that said, I also think a TTV6 in a vehicle like this and its target audience is a solution to a question that not many people will ask. I suspect the lack of a bigger engine will not hamper sales much. All we have to do is look at the XT5 with the same engine "choices" (or lack thereof).

Thanks
    My Ride

Did they say if these are full production ready pilot build, or actual cars that will make it to the showroom? If they’re not verification vehicles, then XT6 may be in the showrooms in late spring rather than early summer.
    I don't think they made that distinction, though I recall them saying the vehicles wont be for sale.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,952 Times in 1,624 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

The women that buy luxury CUVs are gonna eat this thing up...
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award

2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eaton53 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (01-26-2019),Robert1969 (01-26-2019)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    07 Vette Cruze 2015 Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    Andrew Smith trash talking the Escalade, cannot decided whether to put more power in the cross over, no super cruise, basic Cadillac feature, and he is supposed to head Cadillac? He is just a corporate suit without much of an ambition or passion for his brand.

How do you bring a Crossover with a Buick and Chevrolet Engine and call it a Cadillac? Are you not ashamed?
    What you call it does not mean anything. People think names makes it better. Call it what you like, but if an engine is really good, then it's really good no matter what you call it......Chevy or not!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 996 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al465 View Post
    What you call it does not mean anything. People think names makes it better. Call it what you like, but if an engine is really good, then it's really good no matter what you call it......Chevy or not!
    All this is true, but the real reason his statement is meaningless, is the HFV6 debuted in Cadillac, and then trickled down to the rest of the divisions, as all automakers do. So..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

Robert1969 (01-26-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    This is great news, i think this crossover looks really good inside and out. Now offer digital instrumentation alla CT6 and create a V version with that terrific 3.0 liter TT and std AWD and you have a homerun crossover. If you can put a 3.6 liter Twun turbo into a FWD XTS. You can do it on a crossover.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SAngelo For This Useful Post:

Robert1969 (01-26-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Did they say if these are full production ready pilot build, or actual cars that will make it to the showroom? If theyre not verification vehicles, then XT6 may be in the showrooms in late spring rather than early summer.
    "Production of not-for-sale XT6 models has begun as crews tune the assembly process. Vehicles for sale will begin reach dealers in the spring as 2020 models and will include a hands-free driving feature available on certain models. Barra announced the feature, called Super Cruise, and noted a ripple of surprise among engineers in the audience." from the article

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (01-26-2019),SKH (01-26-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 Times in 2,283 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

What. The. Hell.

Why can't GM get this crap right? Almost every single video I saw lamented the fact that SuperCruise wasn't going to be available at launch. Now, GM has to fight to get this information back out there. Twice the effort.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (01-26-2019),Ed753 (01-26-2019),Envoy4Life (01-27-2019),Extreme4x4 (01-26-2019),SKH (01-26-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    15 ATS Performance AWD

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CadillacSA For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (01-26-2019),BlackGTP (01-26-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

I think the Cadillac is more appealing.. the Lincoln wins on the engine front though. I hope that's another upcoming announcement

28. The Following User Says Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

briandors (01-31-2019)

29. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast