Surprise! GM CEO Says Cadillac XT6 Will Have SuperCruise At Launch - Page 27

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Surprise! GM CEO Says Cadillac XT6 Will Have SuperCruise At Launch

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

Re: Surprise! GM CEO Says Cadillac XT6 Will Have SuperCruise At Launch

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    The XT5 interior IS still nice, and the little changes that Cadillac’s designers have made for the XT6 makes the design even nicer. Hopefully, the inevitable Platinum version will add full digital gauges, Stiched leather Steering wheel airbag, cooled/heated massage seats and perhaps wood on the console similar to how it is done on the revised Platinum CT6. All of those little changes add up, and XT6 Platinum should compare very favorably with it’s main intended rivals, the XC90, QX60 and the MDX. If the XT6 Platinum also gets the option of a TTV6, even better.
    A good looking design lies in the eye of the beholder. It's an emotional thing and therefore hard to evaluate. Done correctly it can be a game changer. I experienced that last week after Renault presented the fifth generation of their small Clio hatchback, a Ford Fiesta and Chevrolet Sonic competitor. Until now I never showed any interest in the Renault brand, but this new Clio did that with only a few shots of the interior alone. I didn't expected such a clean and modern design in this class and for that price point, including full digital gauges and LED headlights which are standard even on the lower trim-levels. I know, I comparing apples with oranges here, but I guess that's what people expect from Cadillac after the self declared "Standard of the World".

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,736 Times in 1,704 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by damnitgmi View Post
    A good looking design lies in the eye of the beholder. It's an emotional thing and therefore hard to evaluate. Done correctly it can be a game changer. I experienced that last week after Renault presented the fifth generation of their small Clio hatchback, a Ford Fiesta and Chevrolet Sonic competitor. Until now I never showed any interest in the Renault brand, but this new Clio did that with only a few shots of the interior alone. I didn't expected such a clean and modern design in this class and for that price point, including full digital gauges and LED headlights which are standard even on the lower trim-levels. I know, I comparing apples with oranges here, but I guess that's what people expect from Cadillac after the self declared "Standard of the World".

You are right about eye of the beholder. If that interior was all black and the diamond stitching (totally played out imo) was removed, it would look nice but nothing earth shattering. XT6 is nothing earth shattering either, but a platinum version with a two tone interior/digital gauges etc would look just as nice. It's all subjective, and as you said, 'in the eye of the beholder'. The Renault is nice, but a paradigm shift in the design of small car interiors it isn't. But whatever floats your boat. Oh and my boat as well!

As far as the interior goes, the 2020 Escalade will hopefully meet people's expectations of what they want to see from The Standard Of The World..
    Last edited by SKH; 02-04-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serpens View Post
    Well now this is just going all over the place. Where to start...

I will never debate that the CT6 has a sublime ride/handling balance. Was it the last word in the full size luxury class? Iím going to go for a hard no on that. Since you brought up the S-class:

1. Iíll need to experience the upgraded interior for 2019, but the current CT6 pales in comparison to an S-class. I expected that given its straddling two classes instead of taking the S-class head on.

2. It is the size of the short wheel base S-class thatís not even available in the U.S., so the rear seat experience is handicapped right from the spot. That alone prevents me from seeing this as a true competitor in this group. Itís a tweener.

3. The NVH levels can not compare to the refine in the S-class. But most cars canít.

4. The feature set isnít as extensive (Super Cruise excepted) but thatís to be expected given the price discount. Again, not seeing this as a true S-class competitor as itís not even priced like one.

5. I nitpick everyoneís interiors. Itís not hard to find where Mercedes skimped, but Iím certainly not going to say Cadillac is on the same level yet. People arenít as biased against non Germans as you keep putting on. No one has debated the Lexus LS has an incredibly fine interior outside of the terrible infotainment.

What does this even mean? The first part of this is borderline incoherent. Iím not some huge 7-series fan and as I said earlier that carís shortcomings are well documented. And the soft global sales reflect it.

Cadillac already tried to charge the same money as their competitors for the same content (see CTS). The market balked and now we have large discounts and trash resale value. You can call the market or forum members ingrates all you want, Cadillac still loses at the end of the day if they donít figure out what customers want. I donít how much clearer it gets than that.

Tweener? But if that's the case then so is the Lexus LS and XJ, as it has more legroom than both. The 7Series has almost identical legroom.. so we are basically saying that all the competitors to the S-Class are tweeners? Gotcha

NVH? U really haven't experienced a CT6. Its one of the quietest cars I've ever been in, even under full throttle. Not taking away from the S-Class, but the CT6 is as quiet or damn near. I didn't have a meter, but my ears.. they work fine.

Interiors? Lexus' terrible infotainment? But wait.. that was normally the first thing peole went after on Cadillac. The CUE system. And it wasn't even a nuisance by the time the CT6 arrived. Faster, and more intuitive by the generation presented for the 6.

The CTS is a bad example of Cadillac not being able to charge more. The CTS was introduced with very little marketing, and change in size, and a drop on available trims. If U don't think that a loss of the coupe effected sales then I don't know what to say to U

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    Tweener? But if that's the case then so is the Lexus LS and XJ, as it has more legroom than both. The 7Series has almost identical legroom.. so we are basically saying that all the competitors to the S-Class are tweeners? Gotcha
    Yes tweener. The 7-series has 44.4in which is a not insignificant 4 more inches. The Jaguar XJ in short-wheelbase form falls into that as well. The CT6 is also a tweener in terms of price, as the starting price is all the way down at $50k. It's got breadth that stretches down into the midsize class pricing, unlike others. Whether that's good or bad is up for debate, I won't make a judgment call there.

https://www.caranddriver.com/bmw/7-series/specs
    https://www.caranddriver.com/cadilla...illac-ct6_2018

NVH? U really haven't experienced a CT6. Its one of the quietest cars I've ever been in, even under full throttle. Not taking away from the S-Class, but the CT6 is as quiet or damn near. I didn't have a meter, but my ears.. they work fine.
    I've spent just over 1200 miles in a CT6 rental (thanks National). I stand by my comment. I'm not calling the CT6 unrefined by any stretch, just not the class standard in my opinion. It does have the best ride/handling compromise though for me.

Interiors? Lexus' terrible infotainment? But wait.. that was normally the first thing peole went after on Cadillac. The CUE system. And it wasn't even a nuisance by the time the CT6 arrived. Faster, and more intuitive by the generation presented for the 6.
    You can check my posts, I've never said anything in this thread about CUE in the CT6. The interior has other foibles I was more concerned with. I definitely agree with you that the CUE complaints are overblown.

The CTS is a bad example of Cadillac not being able to charge more. The CTS was introduced with very little marketing, and change in size, and a drop on available trims. If U don't think that a loss of the coupe effected sales then I don't know what to say to U
    There's always an excuse.
    Last edited by Serpens; 02-04-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serpens View Post
    Yes tweener and your stats are confused. The 7-series has 44.4in of rear legroom, which is a significant amount more than the CT6's 35.4. Ten inches of legroom is no minor discrepancy
    The CT6 is 40.4. Where re U getting your numbers? Furthermore I'm just ecstatic that U are so concerned about your clients legroom on your chauffeur job.

I've spent just over 1200 miles in a CT6 rental (thanks National). I stand by my comment. I'm not calling the CT6 unrefined by any stretch, just not the class standard in my opinion. It does have the best ride/handling compromise though for me.
    I've spent a little less time admittedly, but I know for fact that one can ascertain the levels of sound coming inside the car along with vibrations, or lack of, in less time.

You can check my posts, I've never said anything in this thread about CUE in the CT6. The interior has other foibles I was more concerned with. I definitely agree with you that the CUE complaints are overblown.
    I was referring to the Lexus interior/infotainment comment U made. The media normally spent more time bitching about CUE than they did inspecting the CT6's interior.

There's always an excuse.
    Yeah. Call me crazy, but if for the better part of 5 years a company sells a Sedan, Coupe and Wagon, then next gen only sells the coupe.. I have it on good authority and logic that if that previous coupe buyer goes back into the dealership to get a coupe and they no longer make one, and he/she doesn't want a sedan... SALE LOST.

Thanks

Man,you guys are still pissing in each other faces about this?

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

The CT6 is 40.4. Where re U getting your numbers? Furthermore I'm just ecstatic that U are so concerned about your clients legroom on your chauffeur job.
    I edited the figures before you responded, the figures were erroneous. And my chauffeur job? Lay off the cheap jabs and stick to the discussion about cars, there's no need for that crap here. I work in tech and consult automakers so I get plenty exposure to a wide variety of vehicles constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    Man,you guys are still pissing in each other faces about this?
    Most action this forum has gotten in ages. Sadly the only thing that drives traffic is the debate about Cadillac's future.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    The XT5 interior IS still nice, and the little changes that Cadillacís designers have made for the XT6 makes the design even nicer. Hopefully, the inevitable Platinum version will add full digital gauges, Stiched leather Steering wheel airbag, cooled/heated massage seats and perhaps wood on the console similar to how it is done on the revised Platinum CT6. All of those little changes add up, and XT6 Platinum should compare very favorably with itís main intended rivals, the XC90, QX60 and the MDX. If the XT6 Platinum also gets the option of a TTV6, even better.
    XT5 interior is nice... for an XT5. It simply can not compete with Aviator, X5 and GLE with an interior like that.

And why does the Platinum need to add all that stuff when other cars the $80,000 XT6 will be going up against has them already?? No excuses.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,357 Times in 2,208 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

What could have been with Zeta through developed to its full potential, that platform covered
    everything from Camaro through to a 120" WB utility that was never developed.

Had GM stuck with light weighting and evolving that platform into premium products, Cadillac
    would have two cars and three Utilities all on the one RWD/AWD platform with great handling
    characteristics at a fraction of the cost of developing Alpha and Omega.

While I don't deny that Cadillac has great products to day, it just seems like they went from
    New York to Los Angeles via Germany (BMW). The distraction of pursuing BMW got the better
    of GM and I think that Cadillac paid a hefty price for that in delaying the roll out of better Utilities.
    Last edited by jpd80; 03-22-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 534 Posts

Bumping this back up to the top just to make sure it hasn't fallen off the radar....XT6 has officially launched with SuperCruise not available, does anyone know what could've happened??? Mary B went on record saying it would be available, I wonder what happened.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Bumping this back up to the top just to make sure it hasn't fallen off the radar....XT6 has officially launched with SuperCruise not available, does anyone know what could've happened??? Mary B went on record saying it would be available, I wonder what happened.
    The only thing we know is that there is a updated version in the final stages of testing. We won’t know if that will have any effort on when or if the XT6 will get supercruise. My guess is that the New Slade will debut the updated version and the rest of the lineup will follow.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillacís newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 12í Infiniti M37S
    17í Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16í Cadillac ELR

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobaltss_King For This Useful Post:

Tomko (09-02-2019)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread Information