GM Inside News Forum banner

Spied: 2021 Cadillac Escalade Testing Alongside Lincoln Navigator

9K views 72 replies 35 participants last post by  Envoy4Life 
#1 ·
2021 Cadillac Escalade spy shots.
Motor Authority
June 26, 2019
By: Viknesh Vijayenthiran

Behold the latest spy shots of Cadillac's next-generation Escalade.

The new flagship SUV is due out next year as a 2021 model and will bring with it major weight savings, a significant uptick in style, and loads of new technology to combat Lincoln's impressive Navigator. In fact, the Lincoln rival can be seen in some of the shots, confirming it's being used as a benchmark for the new Escalade.

General Motors is in the process of redesigning its full-size fleet around the T1XX body-on-frame platform for SUVs and pickups. The platform is an evolution of the current K2XX design and swaps out some steel for aluminum to shed the pounds.

We hear it might help the new Escalade shed close to 300 pounds compared to the current model. The platform also brings the option of independent rear suspension, which the spy shots confirm will feature in the redesigned Escalade. This should significantly improve ride comfort and handling over the solid rear previously fitted to the luxury SUV.

Full article available at link.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, looks like the person who posted the "inside news" about the new Escalade quoted in my sig was wrong, color me shocked.:rolleyes:

That said...
LMAO, I was chomping at the bit when I saw that headline to make the post you just did. :lmao:

Guess his forum chat buddy didn't know as much as Greggy boy was hoping.

Speaking of which... the forum has been a bit more enjoyable lately....

#11 · (Edited)

Not only was GB wrong about Cadillac using Navigator as a benchmark, it also looks like Cadillac has raised the height of Escalade by at least two inches to either match or exceed the Lincoln.

It's a mark of professional respect that Cadillac uses the Lincoln to make Escalade better and kinda cool seeing the two brands together.

#13 · (Edited)
I'm guessing the pictures of the 'Real' Escalade interior can't be that far off, but will probably be mis-identified as the 'Yukon'!.

Escalade is definitely going to extend further up market, but I doubt in the short term that Cadillac is positioning it as an alternative to a Bentley. Navigator will for sure be in the Cadillac's cross hairs, but The Escalade is going to be punching higher than that, at least with some versions.

#32 ·
Not only that, but a Range Rover Sport alternative would and should be a gold mine for Cadillac as an version of the Escalade. To me, and many, the Range Rover strategy is brilliant.. essentially pulling two vehicles out of one.

#35 · (Edited)
Guess I'll have to defend Gregory. He set a benchmark here that no one else even attempted to attain. Besides that, it looks like the Lincoln is behind the Cadillac in the photos. Clearly a suggestion of what the Navigator could kiss. Bring Back Greg! He was always watchful and vigilant!

Gregory

Pronunciation of Gregory ▼ as a boys' name is pronounced GREG-er-ee. It is of Latin and Greek origin, and the meaning of Gregory is "watchful, vigilant".
Read more at http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Gregory#paxS8TdiPObGmFeQ.99

All kidding aside, I did indeed enjoy his posts. If he wasn't joking then he was the ultimate GM apologist and that's a rare thing around here.

#46 ·
All kidding aside, I did indeed enjoy his posts. If he wasn't joking then he was the ultimate GM apologist and that's a rare thing around here.
This is the one thing that I have learned as the years have gone by. We all have our favorite brands. And there will always be at least one competitor's product to what your favorite brand produces. But nobody should be an apologist. Sometimes, you, your product, or your favorite brand's product gets bested by a competitor. It happens. If you choose to buy your favorite brand's product, that's fine. If the competition builds something that even you agree is better, are you going to get what is best for you or just your favorite brand's product? :ponder: Apologists don't actually change anyone's opinion other than their own. But they persist that their favorite brand's product is the best. BTW, I haven't heard anybody call Ed a Ford fanboy ever since he bought a GMC. Now, he's "one of us"?

#59 ·
So this is the only forum you visit, I guess?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.