Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

  1. #1
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    21,208
    Thanks
    3,538
    Thanked 6,303 Times in 3,692 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

    Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Range-topping trim borrowed from Silverado along with flashier grille.
    autoblog
    June 7, 2019
    By: Zac Palmer


    Have no fear, the big grilles are here. Or, at least we think they're coming. One of our spy shooters caught the next-gen Chevrolet Tahoe and Cadillac Escalade out testing with more of their fronts ends exposed than before.

    Starting with the Tahoe, we can see what amounts to a blinding amount of chrome under the wrappings. We're guessing this would be a new Tahoe High Country trim level, mirroring the range-topping trim level currently offered on the Silverado and Traverse. The Tahoe's current range topper is the Premier. Although the rather ornate details in the grille are not found on the current High Country trims, they also seem like something that would be available on the priciest Tahoe available. The same could be said of the LED lighting details visible under the camo as the Silverado High Country, shown below, does indeed have unique LED elements.

    The next-generation Cadillac Escalade only shows up in two of the photos. As we can't see shiny chrome reflecting through the camo, we're guessing the Escalade will adopt a blacked out grille similar those found on the XT6 and other Cadillacs. We can also see horizontal lighting elements similar to those on other recent Cadillacs. As this is an Escalade, however, we'd imagine everything will be supersized.

    GM will be ushering these trucks out soon, with the independent rear suspension being the big story. Besides the improved ride and handling, it should result in substantially improved cargo space and third-row legroom. Doing so would at least close the gap with the biggest Lincoln and Ford SUVs.
    Current:

    2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

    2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

    Hidden Content

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-08-2019),Cobaltss_King (06-08-2019)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  4. #2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    8,020
    Thanks
    9,718
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,699 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Have no fear, the big grilles are here. Or, at least we think they're coming. One of our spy shooters caught the next-gen Chevrolet Tahoe and Cadillac Escalade out testing with more of their fronts ends exposed than before.
    Just don't make the Tahoe look like the new Blazer and Trailblazer front end pleeease.
    Last edited by 1958carnut; 06-08-2019 at 04:12 PM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

    RedSkyBlackDream (Yesterday)

  6. #3
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    21,208
    Thanks
    3,538
    Thanked 6,303 Times in 3,692 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Just don't make the Tahoe look like the new Trailblazer front end pleease.


    To me, it looks like it's going to be a mix of the outgoing Tahoe's front end mixed with the new Silverado's front end, specifically the latter's DLRs.
    Current:

    2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

    2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

    Hidden Content

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-08-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (Yesterday)

  8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  9. #4
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar PHAT-JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,752
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 465 Times in 220 Posts

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    As long as it has a Bowtie and not that stupid Chevrolet written across the front.
    IF IT AINT RWD; AND A CHEVY I DONT RIDE IT!!!!!

    ALL CHEVY'S NEED TO BE RWD!!!!!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to PHAT-JAY For This Useful Post:

    NoStopN (06-08-2019)

  11. #5
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    21,208
    Thanks
    3,538
    Thanked 6,303 Times in 3,692 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Just don't make the Tahoe look like the new Blazer and Trailblazer front end pleeease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post


    To me, it looks like it's going to be a mix of the outgoing Tahoe's front end mixed with the new Silverado's front end, specifically the latter's DLRs.
    Building on that, here's a 30 second freehand job (Apple Pencil is dead) to illustrate what I think it's going to look like.

    Last edited by Envoy4Life; 06-08-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    Current:

    2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

    2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

    Hidden Content

  12. #6
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 JimmyDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,656
    Thanks
    1,556
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 985 Posts

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post


    Update the lighting and boom, here's your Escalade front end I bet....

  13. #7
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    29,013
    Thanks
    4,454
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 3,101 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post


    Update the lighting and boom, here's your Escalade front end I bet....
    Me thinks this is the current Escalade with a CT6 Front end, The Escalade is probably going to be Escala like lighting, hopefully a very jeweled light signature and really long DLR's...

  14. #8
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,132
    Thanks
    2,731
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 737 Posts

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-JAY View Post
    As long as it has a Bowtie and not that stupid Chevrolet written across the front.
    I think the truck with that Chevrolet front end looks better than the one with the bowtie

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to steve333 For This Useful Post:

    richmond2000 (06-09-2019)

  16. #9
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    In my room
    Posts
    702
    Thanks
    740
    Thanked 371 Times in 229 Posts

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    I hope GM makes the upcoming Escalade look less Tahoey than the current one.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Buttons For This Useful Post:

    RedSkyBlackDream (Yesterday)

  18. #10
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    929
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked 603 Times in 338 Posts

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    .....here's a 30 second freehand job......
    Just did dodge a bullet there sir.

    Curious to see how these look.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to SVT74 For This Useful Post:

    sdotjeezy (06-09-2019)

  20. #11
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    29,013
    Thanks
    4,454
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 3,101 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    I hope GM makes the upcoming Escalade look less Tahoey than the current one.
    That might be a mistake, the current strategy works

  21. #12
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,678
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 620 Times in 404 Posts

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post


    Update the lighting and boom, here's your Escalade front end I bet....
    If only that was a real Sedan....sigh......

  22. #13
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    In my room
    Posts
    702
    Thanks
    740
    Thanked 371 Times in 229 Posts

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    That might be a mistake, the current strategy works
    Oh, ok then. Keep the current strategy!.

  23. #14
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    29,013
    Thanks
    4,454
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 3,101 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Quote Originally Posted by 69gtsdart View Post
    If only that was a real Sedan....sigh......
    It meets the definition of a Sedan

  24. #15
    SKH
    SKH is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,353
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 2,521 Times in 1,601 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

    Re: Spied: 2020 Cadillac Escalade, 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe High Country

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    Range-topping trim borrowed from Silverado along with flashier grille.
    autoblog
    June 7, 2019
    By: Zac Palmer


    Have no fear, the big grilles are here. Or, at least we think they're coming. One of our spy shooters caught the next-gen Chevrolet Tahoe and Cadillac Escalade out testing with more of their fronts ends exposed than before.

    Starting with the Tahoe, we can see what amounts to a blinding amount of chrome under the wrappings. We're guessing this would be a new Tahoe High Country trim level, mirroring the range-topping trim level currently offered on the Silverado and Traverse. The Tahoe's current range topper is the Premier. Although the rather ornate details in the grille are not found on the current High Country trims, they also seem like something that would be available on the priciest Tahoe available. The same could be said of the LED lighting details visible under the camo as the Silverado High Country, shown below, does indeed have unique LED elements.

    The next-generation Cadillac Escalade only shows up in two of the photos. As we can't see shiny chrome reflecting through the camo, we're guessing the Escalade will adopt a blacked out grille similar those found on the XT6 and other Cadillacs. We can also see horizontal lighting elements similar to those on other recent Cadillacs. As this is an Escalade, however, we'd imagine everything will be supersized.

    GM will be ushering these trucks out soon, with the independent rear suspension being the big story. Besides the improved ride and handling, it should result in substantially improved cargo space and third-row legroom. Doing so would at least close the gap with the biggest Lincoln and Ford SUVs.
    2020 Escalade headlights are not super sized. They are actually quite discrete without being Escala like slits. It definitely won’t have a bug eyed look like the Navigator or Aviator. There are various grilles on the 2020 Escalade.

    There was only one grille design that didn’t float my boat, but as this is subjective it’s likely to appeal to some people. If Escalade gets the rear IRS, Supercruise etc the sales figures will match or exceed what they are now. Cadillac are smart in that this is an evolutionary redesign, but enough is new that it’ll definitely get punters to the showroom.

    The front is the biggest change, and the rear (the second most distinctive element on the current version) has been refined. I can’t wait until some more camouflage gets removed!

  25. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 11 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 9 guests)

  1. bballr4567,
  2. Serpens

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2