Setting the record straight on Cadillac - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting the record straight on Cadillac

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 tripowergto Jan2003's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 424 Posts

Re: Setting the record straight on Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    “Sedans will continue to play a critical role in the portfolio as an alternative for SUV rejectors and an entrance point into luxury for some. ”

He just described me. I’m an SUV rejector and I would love an “entrance point into luxury.” I’m very hopeful for upcoming CT4.
    I'm with Dannyg, No mommy mobiles for me!!
    2018 Hot Wheels 2SS Camaro Conv ~ 2016 2LT Corvette 7spd ~ 2017 Camaro RS V6 6spd ~ 2014 Chevy Volt(traded) ~ 2009 Pontiac G8 GT ~ 2002 Firebird Formula 6spd

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tripowergto Jan2003 For This Useful Post:

dannyg (09-04-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 7,963 Times in 3,993 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side...we've been waiting for you
    Not really, I don't see it as an opportunity to bash Reuss or GM other than if he is going to publish something like this he should take the time to make sure it is well written. Otherwise taking it and turning it into negativity is nothing but "glass half empty" thinking to fulfill desires of GM to fail.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,698 Times in 4,156 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    That's the REALLY crazy thing. Porsche is going to have what, 3 by the end of next year? BMW? Two? Tesla (yea, I know some don't count them) is looking like they'll have four possibly five if you count their industrial stuff.

Cadillac has ZERO EVs. None, yet, it's all that we hear about. The "future". Well, you better start taking care of your current if you want that future.
    You are confoozing dreams and delusions with reality. Get on board The Dinosaur Train, dood!
    https://pbskids.org/video/

I believe a philosopher from the '80s said those immortal words, "The future lies ahead." Surely others have said that over the years, I recall it was Gary Hartpence who uttered those immortal words.

Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    GM as a company keeps shutting down car production (and even Volt production) and telling the public / shareholders the future is EVs.

All that I still see is Bolt and a lot of SUVs and pickups.
    You're just not reading it right. When he SAYS EV, he MEANS PUT. It's quite simple, rilly.

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Yet.......Ruess just said that they're going to keep sedans as the entry point of Cadillac!!! Talk about an absolute mishmash of words being spoken. Who is in charge of marketing and public relations at GM?
    I will propose it for the 125th time: GM NEEDS ONE PR CZAR through whom ALL public statements, cobbled-together jigsaws like this, and yes, public speaking events of ANY sort, EVERYONE must go through the Czar including Mary and Mark. Luke and John too.

That will never happen because these people are all way too smart to need someone to hlep make sense of their ramblings.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Poorly written, but just a fluff piece, not worth getting feathers in a ruffle....
    Yeah, except it's not very fluffy.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (09-04-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
    After the latest atrocious service experience I had at my Cadillac dealer last week, I would say the brand still has a long, long, long way to go.

Tell us more.......

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 786 Posts

Not really, I don't see it as an opportunity to bash Reuss or GM other than if he is going to publish something like this he should take the time to make sure it is well written. Otherwise taking it and turning it into negativity is nothing but "glass half empty" thinking to fulfill desires of GM to fail.
    There aren't any desires for GM to fail, some of you constantly conflate criticism with wanting GM to fail - I have no such desire to see GM to fail. I just see what they're doing as largely inadequate and want them to do better. Like I said before, I get it you're a fan of GM....I consider myself a customer of GM, & a current Vette/former Camaro fan, I want the company I'm purchasing a commodity from to do better because it means a better end product for me, you on the other hand say everything GM does is great because you've been conditioned to just accept everything they do as great.

"It's like you found a finger in your chili, but you still eat the chili because you told everybody you love chili — it's tremendous!" - Alec Baldwin, SNL

IMO a bunch of yes men is how GM got into this mess they're in today...if you can take a good look at the below and tell me that it belongs in a $100,000 luxury sedan then I really don't know what to tell you except..."enjoy your finger chili"

My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (09-04-2019),377Z (09-09-2019),Extreme4x4 (09-04-2019),gkr778 (09-04-2019),Z Fury (09-05-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride

There aren't any desires for GM to fail, some of you constantly conflate criticism with wanting GM to fail - I have no such desire to see GM to fail. I just see what they're doing as largely inadequate and want them to do better. Like I said before, I get it you're a fan of GM....I consider myself a customer of GM, & a current Vette/former Camaro fan, I want the company I'm purchasing a commodity from to do better because it means a better end product for me, you on the other hand say everything GM does is great because you've been conditioned to just accept everything they do as great.

"It's like you found a finger in your chili, but you still eat the chili because you told everybody you love chili — it's tremendous!" - Alec Baldwin, SNL

IMO a bunch of yes men is how GM got into this mess they're in today...if you can take a good look at the below and tell me that it belongs in a $100,000 luxury sedan then I really don't know what to tell you except..."enjoy your finger chili"

No, I certainly do see GM's flaws, I just don't dwell on them. For example, overall I think the upcoming CT5 looks good, one controversial kink in the C pillar isn't going to bring me to my knees like it seems to do for many on GMI. I focus on the 99.9% of the CT5 that I like and go with that. If they brought out something that looks like the Pontiac Aztec where 90% looks bad, then yes, I have a problem.

My issue is you think only you and the other negative folks think only you see the flaws and that you are doing me a favor by showing me the true path. Like everyone else on GM, I have my own unique way of looking at GM - I am interested in their financial performance, understanding why they make certain decisions and their cars vs. the reality or imagined reality of the competition. Plus, my overall outlook on life is glass half full and I find the glass half empty view of many people to be discouraging.

Thanks

No, I certainly do see GM's flaws, I just don't dwell on them. My issue is you think only you and the other negative folks think only you see the flaws and that you are doing me a favor by showing me the true path. Like everyone else on GM, I have my own unique way of looking at GM - I am interested in their financial performance, understanding why they make certain decisions and their cars vs. the reality or imagined reality of the competition. Plus, my overall outlook on life is glass half full and I find the glass half empty view of many people to be discouraging.
    Glass half empty view of others...didn't you join in the other thread of making up a complaint about the C8 and then complained about the non existent negative coverage? Sounds kinda half empty-ish to me...you're just selective of where you apply that half empty outlook, you direct your half empty outlook towards the automotive media's possible negative coverage, I apply it to product.

Anyway, as it sits right now, it's kinda hard to be a glass half full individual when it comes to GM when there's only one drop of water in the glass. As it sits right now, the C8 and XT4 are the only un-flawed products unveiled in the past few...everything else has been at best meh.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

When you need to "set the record straight" after years and years or reinvention and investment in a brand, you are failing. So sad to see.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usa1 For This Useful Post:

DequindreToo (09-04-2019),Tomko (09-04-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by usa1 View Post
    When you need to "set the record straight" after years and years or reinvention and investment in a brand, you are failing. So sad to see.
    Perhaps the title of the article should've been "Spinning the Record on Cadillac"
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (09-04-2019),DequindreToo (09-04-2019),gkr778 (09-04-2019),Tomko (09-04-2019)

Thanks

Welcome to the Dark Side...we've been waiting for you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr.Buttons; 09-04-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride

Glass half empty view of others...didn't you join in the other thread of making up a complaint about the C8 and then complained about the non existent negative coverage? Sounds kinda half empty-ish to me...you're just selective of where you apply that half empty outlook, you direct your half empty outlook towards the automotive media's possible negative coverage, I apply it to product.

Anyway, as it sits right now, it's kinda hard to be a glass half full individual when it comes to GM when there's only one drop of water in the glass. As it sits right now, the C8 and XT4 are the only un-flawed products unveiled in the past few...everything else has been at best meh.
    Good for you, just stop telling me your way of thinking is the right way of thinking. And yes, my expectations of GMI are "glass half empty" because the reality is that is what GMI is.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,153 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

Perhaps the title of the article should've been "Spinning the Record on Cadillac"
    +1
    Many Cadillac fans, myself included, just want the needle on the record once again.

Reuss' article makes it clear that a divorce between GM and Cadillac is best for both parties. The iconic Cadillac brand deserves much better than its current predicament being mismanaged by GM "lifers".
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gkr778 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (09-04-2019),bballr4567 (09-05-2019),Neanderthal (09-04-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
    +1
    Many Cadillac fans, myself included, just want the needle on the record once again.

Reuss' article makes it clear that a divorce between GM and Cadillac is best for both parties. The iconic Cadillac brand deserves much better than its current predicament being mismanaged by GM "lifers".
    The GM/Cadillac divorce is really what's best for everyone....GM is no longer interested in making Cadillac anything aspirational...they're just checking boxes in other segments and building Escalades. It's sad really, they have some tech/design capability out there that could be game changing if they were able to spare no expense, but it seems like corporate just can't keep they're Scrooge-y little hands out of it. Prime example...the CT6 would've been a knockout if it had an interior just competitive w/ the Germans, it didn't need to be segment leading but just competitive instead we got an interior that was designed by an excel spreadsheet with weird leather patches where some feature likely got cut out to meet a specific margin.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

gkr778 (09-04-2019)

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,553 Times in 2,315 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

Good for you, just stop telling me your way of thinking is the right way of thinking. And yes, my expectations of GMI are "glass half empty" because the reality is that is what GMI is.
    I believe that it's important to be critical of GM when it's deserved
    and to praise them when they do good work like new Corvette.
    So not trying to jump on this exact conversation.....

The reality is that GM is steering the narrative by talking about sales
    in terms of only retail customers instead of the whole segment.

GM may or may not be right with their determination but let's at least
    try to find out the story behind the figures being presented to us.
    (and that goes to Ford as well and their rotten Explorer launch in July).

I know that you respect my opinion and I will try to return that by
    (RMC and I) delivering as much detail as possible so we can at least
    discuss data and sales effect by the month (avoiding GM/Ford filtering)
    Last edited by jpd80; 09-04-2019 at 06:49 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (09-05-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,993 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

To Mark Ruess and this article, Ahem-pure unadulterated rubbish.

26. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information