Schedule of upcoming Cadillac releases | 2018-2021 - Page 7

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Schedule of upcoming Cadillac releases | 2018-2021

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC GMSilverado's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Schedule of upcoming Cadillac releases | 2018-2021

Quote Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
    Look at the dates.
    Yours is April 7, 2015, mine is August 29, 2016.
    JdN did an about face on the XTS sometime between yours and mine.
    I know. I read the report and the reply of Johan de Nysschen on the very day of its publication.

I quote your answers in that exclusive interview for this forum because, apart from revealing the date of the end of their long life cycle (8 years / models, when the general industry average is 6), it clearly indicates that the XTS will not transcend to the new nomenclature as some suggest for "CT5"; That is to say, it will not have second generation nor a substitute with similar approach.

Announcing the update for the current model does not contradict either of these two points. Even less so, if your sales figures in China are tied to discounts on your price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
    That's tough to quantify. For one, it's a well agreed upon statement in here that even Cadillac does not seem to know what image it wants to convey. At first it was taught sports sedans aimed at pleasing the enthusiast. Well, that didn't pan out well for sales and the famed propeller maker known for acing that strategy has since moved away and garnered more sales. Secondly, having a car to satisfy a reliable and loyal customer set is only a good thing, and will not necessarily harm image. All those bargain barrel $299/mo CLA leases taken by the 25 year old in retail still living with mom doesn't seem to be costing MB S500 sales from corporate SVP's and lawyers.
    I speak in general terms to his image as a first class luxury car brand.

And I do not mean simply its configuration as a front-wheel drive vehicle, but its positioning as a bargain. While their more equipped versions reach relatively high price tags, the entry versions attract an unsuitable buyer profile for the sustainable future of the brand: fleets and individuals concerned about the price tag.

That is the main element that drives most of its sales volume ... Without a doubt, the story would be different were it not for its starting price. I recently saw an official advertisement on a Chinese online medium, where it was offered for ¥ 269,900 or ~ $ 39,224. As a reference, in China the price of the Buick LaCrosse starts at ¥ 229,800 or $ 33,396.

The case of Lexus is diametrically opposed to that of Cadillac: since its foundation in 1989 its image has come from less to more; While Cadillac from more to less. In addition, it is not intended to be a first class luxury brand with global reach/relevancy.

Cadillac's strategy to restructure and fill the gaps in its portfolio | 2018-2021: Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
    That's tough to quantify. For one, it's a well agreed upon statement in here that even Cadillac does not seem to know what image it wants to convey. At first it was taught sports sedans aimed at pleasing the enthusiast. Well, that didn't pan out well for sales and the famed propeller maker known for acing that strategy has since moved away and garnered more sales. Secondly, having a car to satisfy a reliable and loyal customer set is only a good thing, and will not necessarily harm image. All those bargain barrel $299/mo CLA leases taken by the 25 year old in retail still living with mom doesn't seem to be costing MB S500 sales from corporate SVP's and lawyers.
    While Cadillac may be struggling with it's image, it certainly knows a bargain when it sees one.
    The XTS is already developed, most of the dollars are already spent, and so it costs very little to continue a slightly revised version, as the E2XX platform got the upgrades, with a LaCrosse getting a wheelbase stretch to 114" and the Malibu to 111". Also lightened and updated, so bringing those to XTS is simple, straightforward and relatively cheap.
    I'd bet Cadillac expects another 100,000 sales from XTS, especially if its image improves.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Show-Me2 For This Useful Post:

johnstarnes (03-23-2017)

News Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 734 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GMSilverado View Post
    Schedule of upcoming Cadillac releases | 2018-2021
    Timeline specific of the first 5 models, out of a total of 9
    GMSilverado/GM Inside News
    March 17, 2017

Cadillac is preparing for a new and decisive stage in its expansion plan. The brand is about to start with the biggest product offensive in its contemporary history, in its effort to return to be relevant to the customers of the luxury car market.

The current product plan contemplates the introduction of 11 new models to the market over a 5-year period, which began last year with the arrival to the sales rooms of the prestige sedan CT6 and the XT5 sport utility vehicle. After a break of more than a year, Cadillac will resume the plan in the middle of next year when it is expected that the new compact crossover XT4 will hit stores.

The XT4 is the first product approved by the current leadership in 2014 and will be the first to arrive from the 9 remaining models of the mentioned plan, which must appear in a maximum period of 3 years or 36 months (mid-2018 - mid-2021) to meet the announced 5 year term. Undoubtedly, a busy schedule of work. Last week the brand gave a pretty clear idea in Geneva, where it announced that "Starting with the launch of XT4, a new Cadillac will be brought to market every six months, a total of five carlines in the space of two years".

A new Cadillac every six months, 5 in two years

Cadillac officially announced that 5 of the next 9 models will hit the market within just 2 years; that is, it will take 24 of the 36 months mentioned as time limit. Always referring to the dates of arrival to the dealers, but not of presentation or debut in society, that range of 2 years corresponds to the period between mid-2018 and mid-2020. Here the calendar and a preview of what that you can expect from those 5 new models:

[LIST=1][*] Summer 2018: XT4 - Compact Crossover. Based on a specific variant of the E2 platform, destined to the D segment. The brand revealed that it will have "an entirely new series of efficient and powerful engines", and in view of the platform used and the target segment will surely offer some V6 engine option. Its arrival as a formal offer of the brand for the compact utilities segment will likely imply an increase in the starting price of the XT5, rising to nearly $ 43,000. Product code: E2UL.
    Are we sure XT4 is going to be an E2xx car?

Wouldn't it be a C1xx?

And doesn't being on C1 or E2 create horrific overlap with the XT5, already on the short wheelbase C1xx?

I was under the impression it would be D2Ux as an Envision/Terrain/Equinox sibling...
    GMI News Editor

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Unless XT4 is a coupe crossover twin sister to the XT5...
    GMI News Editor

Thanks
    Thanked 8,771 Times in 5,646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Accardi View Post

Wouldn't it be a C1xx?

And doesn't being on C1 or E2 create horrific overlap with the XT5, already on the short wheelbase C1xx?

I was under the impression it would be D2Ux as an Envision/Terrain/Equinox sibling...
    It's not. There at least WAS supposed to be E2UO/E2UH too, but I don't know what those are or if they'll happen anymore.

My guess is E2UL vs D2UL because D2Ux probably can't support a V6. I originally thought it was a design thing, but at this point it looks so similar to its cousins, I don't know...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sfbreh For This Useful Post:

GMSilverado (03-23-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    It's not. There at least WAS supposed to be E2UO/E2UH too, but I don't know what those are or if they'll happen anymore.

My guess is E2UL vs D2UL because D2Ux probably can't support a V6. I originally thought it was a design thing, but at this point it looks so similar to its cousins, I don't know...
    Spy shooters are telling us C1XX.

It looks like the cabin is shoved back more than XT5.

I find this all so strange.
    GMI News Editor

Thanks

Spy shooters are telling us C1XX.

It looks like the cabin is shoved back more than XT5.

I find this all so strange.
    Spy shooters can blow me, they're wrong.

My initial expectation was a more "proportionally acceptable" crossover than XT5 to more mimic its RWD and longitudinally-mounted engine FWD friends. I don't know if I still expect that anymore; I didn't even consider powertrain adaptability (also bear in mind E2xx already has several hybrids).

Who knows though, maybe I'll have been right all along in the end.

Thanks

Scaled to 19s, it's a little bit bigger than the GLC:

I don't get why 7.75 19s=183" though, so don't ask.

If 18s, it's a little smaller than the GLC.

I think they're 19s, but that makes it pretty damn close in size to XT5... it's probably 3-4" in either direction, so it's either ~186" or ~179". XT5 is ~189," but it looks like proportionally there's hood vs body on the XT4 vs XT5.

Compare Equinox vs XT4:

XT4 looks like it's traded some ass length (read: cargo space) for some nose length (read: aesthetics). Are they the same length overall, though?

XT4 looks a little bit bigger than the 183" Equinox (which looks about the same length as the GLC). Equinox is on 19s.

XT4 is PROBABLY somewhere north of 183" and somewhere south of 186." In overall length, it'll probably be pretty close to XT5. I expect, though, that it'll be slightly inferior to the Equinox in terms of utility.

This could all be for naught though, because I could just be retarded and done goofed on my measurements, but I think I've been thorough enough to say I'm probably close to right.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sfbreh For This Useful Post:

richmond2000 (05-13-2017)

Thanks

Wouldn't it be a C1xx?

Yes. We have known for some time, when we learned that its internal product code is "E2UL".

In view of the alpha platform's apparent inability to run utility vehicles, the E2 platform is the most equivalent alternative within GM to develop a CUV with features suitable for the premium D segment: low weight, average wheelbase, all-wheel drive and capacity for V6 engine. D2 is less refined.

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    XT4 is PROBABLY somewhere north of 183" and somewhere south of 186." In overall length, it'll probably be pretty close to XT5. I expect, though, that it'll be slightly inferior to the Equinox in terms of utility.

This could all be for naught though, because I could just be retarded and done goofed on my measurements, but I think I've been thorough enough to say I'm probably close to right.
    For platform and segment, I think the XT4 will be somewhat similar to the next Infiniti QX50 (that Johan de Nysschen calls his "baby"):

Based on the measures of the current Malibu and the new Insignia/Regal, the wheelbase of the XT4 should be located around 111.4 inches. That is a measure very similar to the latest compact models of German competition, and the one that Infiniti publishes for the QX Sport Inspiration Concept.

And watching the spy photos, I doubt the XT4 exceeds 184 inches in length:

Model
    Wheelbase
    Length
    Width
    Cadillac XT4
    ~ 111.4 in
    ~ 183 in
    ~ 74 in
    New Audi Q5
    111.0 in
    183.6 in
    74.5 in
    BMW X3
    110.6 in
    183.1 in
    74.2 in
    MB GLC
    113.1 in
    183.3 in
    74.4 in
    Next Infiniti QX50
    ~ 110.4 in
    ~ 183.5 in
    ~ 74.8 in
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cadillac's strategy to restructure and fill the gaps in its portfolio | 2018-2021: Hidden Content

Thanks

Update: Schedule of upcoming Cadillac releases | 2018-2021
    Timeline specific of the first 5 models, out of a total of 9
    GMSilverado/GM Inside News
    May 12, 2017

1. Summer 2018: XT4 - Compact Crossover.

Based on a specific variant of the E2 platform, destined to the D segment. The brand revealed that it will have "an entirely new series of efficient and powerful engines", and in view of the platform used and the target segment will surely offer some V6 engine option. Its arrival as a formal offer of the brand for the compact utilities segment will likely imply an increase in the starting price of the XT5, rising to nearly $ 43,000. Product code: E2UL.

2019 Cadillac XT4
      Platform
      Dimensions
      Competition
      Start price
      E2U
      ~ WB: 111.4 in | L: 183 in
      Audi Q5, BMW X3, MB GLC
      ~ $ 36,800

2. Winter 2018: CT3 (*) - Small Sedan.

Based on a short version of the A2 platform, destined for the C segment or Lux 2. A kind of global replacement for the current ATS sedan (not sold in China), with a similar starting price but slightly lower exterior dimensions and smaller engines. Its arrival is expected to coincide with the end of the production cycle of the ATS sedan, after 6 years/models {2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018}. Product code: A2SL.

2019 Cadillac CT3
      Platform
      Dimensions
      Competition
      Start price
      A2S
      ~ WB: 108 in | L: 180 in
      Audi A3, MB CLA
      ~ $ 32,500

Variant:

• CT3-V

3. Summer 2019: XT6 (*) - Medium Crossover 3 rows of seats.

Based on a specific variant of C1 platform, destined to the E segment. With a base closely linked to the XT5, it must incorporate new options of motorization with greater power and refinement to position properly as the comfortable and spacious alternative to the established European competition. Product code: C1TL.

2020 Cadillac XT6
      Platform
      Dimensions
      Competition
      Start price
      C1U+
      ~ WB: 116 in | L: 195 in
      Audi Q7, BMW X5, MB GLE
      ~ $ 50,000

4. Winter 2019: CT4 (*) - Compact Sedan.

Based on the long version of the A2 platform, destined for segment D or Lux 3. A unique and global substitute for ATS, ATS-L and CTS models with external dimensions and positioning similar to the second generation of the CTS. Their arrival will coincide with the end of the production cycle of the CTS and ATS-L models, after 6 years/models {2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019}. Product code: A2LL.

2020 Cadillac CT4
      Platform
      Dimensions
      Competition
      Start price
      A2L
      ~ WB: 113.6 in | L: 190 in
      Audi A4, BMW 3, MB C
      ~ $ 39,000

5. Summer 2020: XT2 (*) - Small Crossover.

Based on GM's next VSS-F modular platform for front-wheel drive vehicles, in its B-segment version (VSS-F.B). Product code: 9BUL.

2020/21 Cadillac XT2
      Platform
      Dimensions
      Competition
      Start price
      VSS-F
      ~ WB: 102.4 in | L: 168 in
      Audi Q2, MINI Countryman
      ~ $ 29,800

6. Second half of 2020: CT5 (*) - Medium Coupe.

Based on the A2 platform, for the Performance Coupe segment. A symbolic substitution for ATS and CTS Coupe, but with greater relevance and international potential. Unlike its predecessors, it will be a differentiated model of the sedan offer and will include new variants: Convertible, and possibly a 4-door Coupe. Their arrival will coincide with the end of the production cycle of the ATS Coupe, after 6 years/models {2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020}.

2021 Cadillac CT5
      Platform
      Dimensions
      Competition
      Start price
      A2B/A
      ~ WB: 112 in | L: 185 in
      Audi A5, BMW 4, MB C C
      ~ $ 41,800

Variants:

• CT5 Convertible
      • CT5 Gransport (?)
      • CT5-V

7. Late 2020: Escalade - Large SUV.

Fifth generation, based on the new VSS-T modular platform exclusively for trucks. Being the first Escalade developed under a directive with correct vision on the luxury car business, the next generation promises to go towards greater differentiation with respect to its corporate relatives. In addition to a higher level of overall refinement, we could expect a 100% unique exterior design and more advanced engines. It will arrive with the end of the production cycle of the model current, after 6 years/models {2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020}.

2021 Cadillac Escalade
      Platform
      Dimensions
      Competition
      Start price
      VSS-T
      Usual size
      Range Rover, Lexus LX
      ~ $ 80,800

Variant:

• Escalade L (Instead of 'ESV')

8. First half of 2021: CT8 - Large Liftback.

Based on the next VSS-R modular platform which will replace to Alpha and Omega for rear-wheel drive models, for the F segment or Lux 5. The Liftback body will allow you to offer a more expressive design and greater practicality, besides a differentiating aspect compared to the references of the segment. The Escala Concept was the designers first essay and an important statement of intent, but it does not mean an exact advance of the CT8 that is now in the early stages of its gestation process.

2022 Cadillac CT8
      Platform
      Dimensions
      Competition
      Start price
      VSS-R
      ~ WB: 124 in | L: 206.5 in
      Audi A8, BMW 7, MB S
      ~ $ 77,800

9. First half of 2021: XT8 (*) - Large Crossover.

Based on the next VSS-R modular platform which will replace to Alpha and Omega for rear-wheel drive models, for the F-CUV segment. It is being developed in conjunction with the CT8, because both will share many elements. It will have the role of top-of-the-range crossover and Cadillac's global representative in a segment that represents a great opportunity for the brand because, unlike the F-Car segment, it does not yet have any established leaders.

2022 Cadillac XT8
      Platform
      Dimensions
      Competition
      Start price
      VSS-R
      ~ WB: 122 in | L: 202.5 in
      BMW X7, MB GLS
      ~ $ 71,900

* Unofficial nameplate, to be confirmed.

Timeline of upcoming Cadillac releases
    XT4
    XT6
    XT2
    CT8
    CT3 | CT3-V
    CT4
    CT5 | CT5-V
    XT8
    Escalade
    Last edited by GMSilverado; 05-15-2017 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Add of the XT6 real product code

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

As things are looking right I would bet we won't see the CT3 at all unless china demands it. CT4 should be the first and I bet we won't see the CT5 until they redesign the CT6 and move it more upmarket.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 13’ Audi A3 Hatch TDI
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltss_King View Post
    As things are looking right I would bet we won't see the CT3 at all unless china demands it. CT4 should be the first and I bet we won't see the CT5 until they redesign the CT6 and move it more upmarket.
    Its development is well advanced. According to the information I have observed in several profiles on LinkedIn, it is being developed in conjunction with the XT4 and CT4 (A2LL). In the coming weeks we will have the first spy photos.

The "comprehensive improvement" of CT6 is scheduled for the 2019 model year.

Thanks

While having leaned towards cremation, I now favor cemetery burial, and I have determined that plot purchase and tombstone design and purchase are furthermost on my list than Cadillac purchase.

A certainty in the hand is worth 2 in the blog.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,457 Times in 1,869 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Carbide View Post
    While having leaned towards cremation, I now favor cemetery burial, and I have determined that plot purchase and tombstone design and purchase are furthermost on my list than Cadillac purchase.
    You can catch a ride in one when the time comes.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award

2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to eaton53 For This Useful Post:

Carbide (05-12-2017)

Thanks

I'm thinking CTS might get replaced first before ATS. It's not sold in China as far as I know, and ATS actually sells in China. CTS is floundering and overlaps with CT6/XTS too much; if anything gets replaced on limited resources, I'd make sure it's the one that's not contributing anything.

Still not buying a CT8, not to mention your quoted price range is literally just a V8 CT6, which won't be here for less than probably $75k. CT8 would have to be ABOVE that, and was once referred to at their "$100,000 sedan."

CT2 isn't going to be RWD, never will be. It is a replacement for the Verano. The logic is all there. Same product, same starting price, higher top end because it's at a better brand and gets a V. No Verano for the US. Next two generations have been cancelled.

XT6 is C1TL; competition is XC90, MDX, QX60.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sfbreh For This Useful Post:

GMSilverado (05-13-2017)

23. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information