GM Inside News Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Roadshow Previews the all New CT5

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Envoy4Life 
#1 ·

3 series competitor? That can't be right.

#4 ·
3 series competitor? That can't be right.
In pricing. That's why it's referred to as a D segment car. It's close to the size of A6, 5 Series etc., yes. But, it's likely going to be priced closer to 3 Series and C Class, which start at about $40K.

#5 ·
Wow! Nice interior, I am liking this CT5! Even the tablet slapped on the dash isn't nearly as bad as some other makes. Nice interior, takes the XT4 and adds an even more luxurious look, I can't wait to see the CT4.

And nice, super cruise will be available.

GM did a nice job, including the world ending kink.

Design and engineering did their job, now can marketing follow through?

#6 · (Edited)
2020 Cadillac CT5 Debuts in New York

2020 Cadillac CT5: Compact American luxe debuts in New York

Ironically the latest Cadillac sedan arrives in New York just as the brand waves goodbye to the Big Apple

Autoweek

April 16, 2019

Just because Cadillac is moving out of New York and back to Michigan doesn’t mean it can’t show off its wares in a farewell lap at the New York auto show. The team at Cadillac pulled the sheet off the next-generation of its compact sedan and christened it CT5. The new CT5 will replace the CTS and ATS and keep Cadillac in the sedan space for at least another generation.

Powering the CT5 will either be a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four or a 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6. The 2.0-liter makes a decent 237 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. Not surprisingly the larger, twin-turbocharged engine makes more power and sends 335 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque to the rear. The smaller engine is standard, but you can nab the 3.0-liter engine in the Premium Luxury and Sport models. All CT5s have a 10-speed automatic transferring power to the rear wheels as standard equipment. Oh, and if you want all-wheel drive, it’s available across the board.

The latest Cadillac sports an aggressive fastback roofline with a short rear deck and long nose complemented by a minimalist grill. The lower front fascia is an array of plastic slats that that is considerably busier than the rest of the car; complementing the rest of the CT5’s look is LED lighting.

#7 ·
Re: 2020 Cadillac CT5 Debuts in New York

Interesting use of the word Compact but ok. Maybe that’s a clue to what the pricing structure will be. The CT5 will certainly help retain current Cadillac owners and give a viable option to gain conquest buyers.

Reactions: megeebee
#10 ·

Interesting use of the word Compact but ok. Maybe that’s a clue to what the pricing structure will be. The CT5 will certainly help retain current Cadillac owners and give a viable option to gain conquest buyers.
Not too sure about that "Compact" designation either since the CT5 has a longer WB than the CTS. I guess it all depends on where the compact term is coming from...is it coming from the "Journalists" or is it coming from GM?

#8 ·
#9 ·

Interesting that the 2.0 makes only 237 HP. It's 272 HP in my ATS.

And doesn't the 3.6 make about the same 335 HP as the TT 3.0 in this car?

#11 ·

Interiors are becoming too busy for my taste. I would rather see the Escala's Danish Modern influence Cadillac's interiors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.