Review: Cadillac XT6

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52

Thread: Review: Cadillac XT6

  1. #1
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg,MB Canada
    Posts
    325
    Thanks
    639
    Thanked 241 Times in 118 Posts

    Review: Cadillac XT6

    TFLCar reviews XT6.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,131
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 968 Times in 478 Posts

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    I wouldn't call that a review, more like a features breakdown. But anyway....

    Bwahahaha $71K for that? Good luck. I saw not a single useful feature on that thing I can't get on the $15K cheaper Buick Avenir.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 07-24-2019 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added useful qualifier to features available
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note


    Hidden Content

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (07-24-2019),EJD1984 (07-25-2019),SP1966 (07-24-2019)

  5. #3
    6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,440
    Thanks
    2,070
    Thanked 2,307 Times in 1,076 Posts

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    IMO this is the best looking FWD based three row crossover so far. Cadillac did a really nice job of styling this crossover given the limitations of the platform. On the other hand, as stated above, no way in hell I write a $70K check, it's not that good looking nor does it offer anything compelling enough to justify that price. I find it curious that Cadillac has gone back to the more for less value proposition with the CT5 which is by all measures a great car in its class while expecting a premium for the XT6 which is not.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SP1966 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (07-24-2019),Extreme4x4 (07-25-2019),SKH (07-25-2019)

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  8. #4
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    8,534
    Thanks
    10,422
    Thanked 2,816 Times in 1,841 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    I wouldn't call that a review, more like a features breakdown. But anyway....

    Bwahahaha $71K for that? Good luck. I saw not a single useful feature on that thing I can't get on the $15K cheaper Buick Avenir.
    After watching it with that fresh in my head, I'd have to agree. It's overpriced and the engine Choice even if it's the tried and true 3.6, should have been better. They also need to ditch that "Newton meters of Torque and rounding it up to get a decent number" BS post haste. Even with their supposed "screw ups" I still like the thing.

  9. #5
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,131
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 968 Times in 478 Posts

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    After watching it with that fresh in my head, I'd have to agree. It's overpriced and the engine Choice even if it's the tried and true 3.6, should have been better. They also need to ditch that "Newton meters of Torque and rounding it up to get a decent number" BS post haste. Even with their supposed "screw ups" I still like the thing.
    Outside of re-doing it on LWB Alpha, there's nothing they can do to make the XT6 appeal to me. Hypocritical it may seem because I own an Enclave, but it is exactly what it supposed to be....can't say the same for the Cadillac.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note


    Hidden Content

  10. #6
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    29,174
    Thanks
    4,516
    Thanked 6,498 Times in 3,155 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    After watching it with that fresh in my head, I'd have to agree. It's overpriced and the engine Choice even if it's the tried and true 3.6, should have been better. They also need to ditch that "Newton meters of Torque and rounding it up to get a decent number" BS post haste. Even with their supposed "screw ups" I still like the thing.
    The Cadillac badge is worth $15K

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

    BlackGTP (07-24-2019),jzchev28 (07-26-2019),Scrambler (07-25-2019)

  12. #7
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,645
    Thanks
    5,224
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 3,808 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    The more I see this the more I like it. However, I'm not in the market for a minivan type vehicle.

  13. #8
    Corvette C7 megeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,687
    Thanks
    5,068
    Thanked 3,230 Times in 1,931 Posts

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    I saw one in the flesh just yesterday. Very handsome. The Sales Lady said they had sold several.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

    W.B. Yeats- 1919



    .

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to megeebee For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (07-24-2019),BlackGTP (07-25-2019),jzchev28 (07-26-2019),mbukukanyau (07-26-2019),wallus13 (07-24-2019)

  15. #9
    Ute
    Ute is offline
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,169
    Thanks
    1,517
    Thanked 534 Times in 294 Posts

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    XT4 and XT6 are placeholders. JdN hinted about this in a recent interview. And their successors will be VSS-R-derived CUV (XT6 at least). And Corvette SUV, which will share the platform with XT7.
    Hidden Content

    Current car: Subaru Outback 3.0R 2008 MY
    Current car: Chevrolet Tahoe 2018 MY

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ute For This Useful Post:

    BlackGTP (07-25-2019),mbukukanyau (07-26-2019),megeebee (07-24-2019)

  17. #10
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    8,534
    Thanks
    10,422
    Thanked 2,816 Times in 1,841 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    I saw one in the flesh just yesterday. Very handsome. The Sales Lady said they had sold several.
    I was looking a white one over Sunday at the dealer and thought the same. It is good looking. Still had the plastic all over in it. Like I said above I really like it and all and hope it does well for them.

  18. #11
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,131
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 968 Times in 478 Posts

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    The Cadillac badge is worth $15K
    No it aint... if so why are they selling the CTS and ATSs replacements as the bargain alternative in their size segments. Apparently GM doesn't think the badge is worth it anymore so why should we overpay for the XT6?

    Edit: according to ebay cadillac badges are worth $58.39
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-NEW-Fro...YAAOSwX7Bab0iO
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 07-24-2019 at 09:40 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note


    Hidden Content

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    DequindreToo (07-28-2019),ryannel2003 (07-25-2019)

  20. #12
    Corvette C7 megeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,687
    Thanks
    5,068
    Thanked 3,230 Times in 1,931 Posts

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ute View Post
    XT4 and XT6 are placeholders. JdN hinted about this in a recent interview. And their successors will be VSS-R-derived CUV (XT6 at least). And Corvette SUV, which will share the platform with XT7.
    Would you happen to have a link you could share? Did he indicate timing of these VSS-R vehicles?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    I was looking a white one over Sunday at the dealer and thought the same. It is good looking. Still had the plastic all over in it. Like I said above I really like it and all and hope it does well for them.
    I saw a red sport model very well equipped. One thing that pleased me was the solid feel/sound of the doors closing both front and rear.
    I have to say I don't care for the sport trim. I like the polished chrome detail of the Luxury model, though I have yet to see one in the real world.
    Last edited by megeebee; 07-24-2019 at 10:21 PM.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

    W.B. Yeats- 1919



    .

  21. #13
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,864
    Thanks
    2,350
    Thanked 759 Times in 453 Posts

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    Would you happen to have a link you could share? Did he indicate timing of these VSS-R vehicles?



    I saw a red sport model very well equipped. One thing that pleased me was the solid feel/sound of the doors closing both front and rear.
    I have to say I don't care for the sport trim. I like the polished chrome detail of the Luxury model, though I have yet to see one in the real world.
    If GM is serious about the new Vette models then they could beat the next gen CT6 and XT7 to market and be the first models on VSS-R. The EV models will probably be priority in the mean time though.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 12’ Infiniti M37S
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

  22. #14
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,090
    Thanks
    624
    Thanked 759 Times in 406 Posts

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    When we talk about VSS-R at this stage it feels like no new information is coming out about the same at all. Instead, it seems like everyone is just linking any new info that trickles out to old VSS-R info. Put more simply, with the decline/demise of Alpha based vehicles and Omega getting shelved for Caddy it seems more than a little likely that VSS-R as it was initially planned is dead. As in stone cold dead.

    At this rate I don’t expect to see any truly new rwd vehicles from any GM brand outside of, potentially, a Corvette brand through the next decade. And you could just use Omega to build the Panamera and Cayenne fighters that brand would need at this point.

    If Cadillac gets lucky I could see GM letting them piggyback something onto those two products, but I wouldn’t bet on it. I’m beginning to think GM is taking the hi-po toys away from Cadillac long term and giving them to Corvette. Is the real reason JdN left an internal decision to crown a new Corvette brand king while Cadillac chases Volvo and Lexus rather than BMW and Mercedes?

    Maybe Lutz has a crystal ball after all.
    Last edited by SVT74; 07-24-2019 at 10:48 PM.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to SVT74 For This Useful Post:

    DequindreToo (07-28-2019)

  24. #15
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,864
    Thanks
    2,350
    Thanked 759 Times in 453 Posts

    Re: Review: Cadillac XT6

    Quote Originally Posted by SVT74 View Post
    When we talk about VSS-R at this stage it feels like no new information is coming out about the same at all. Instead, it seems like everyone is just linking any new info that trickles out to old VSS-R info. Put more simply, with the decline/demise of Alpha based vehicles and Omega getting shelved for Caddy it seems more than a little likely that VSS-R as it was initially planned is dead. As in stone cold dead.

    At this rate I don’t expect to see any truly new rwd vehicles from any GM brand outside of, potentially, a Corvette brand through the next decade. And you could just use Omega to build the Panamera and Cayenne fighters that brand would need at this point.

    If Cadillac gets lucky I could see GM letting them piggyback something onto those two products, but I wouldn’t bet on it. I’m beginning to think GM is taking the hi-po toys away from Cadillac long term and giving them to Corvette. Is the real reason JdN left an internal decision to crown a new Corvette brand king while Cadillac chases Volvo and Lexus rather than BMW and Mercedes?

    Maybe Lutz has a crystal ball after all.
    I would kinda agree but the ball has already started to roll with the first model being built on the new architecture though FWD version in VSS-F. We will probably see the CUVs migrating to the platform first since Alpha and Omega are still alive and kicking. It’s no reason for GM to rush models onto the platform. We will continue to see RWD models just more of a mixture between EVs and Ice vehicles.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 12’ Infiniti M37S
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

  25. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2