Preview XT6 preproduction - Page 3

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 91

Thread: Preview XT6 preproduction

  1. #31
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,529
    Thanks
    2,151
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,119 Posts

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Quote Originally Posted by DequindreToo View Post
    I assume that you praised competitor products, such as the Lincoln MKZ, when it was released? Because after all, it's a direct competitor to the CTS because underpinnings don't matter.
    Cadillac is in better shape in terms of public perception than Lincoln at the moment, but it's not a top tier brand yet. The big question always was, and should remain, does new product raise the brand's perception, or is it simply good enough for existing brand loyalists? In Lincoln's case the answer was always no, until the Navigator, and now Aviator and Corsair are looking to extend their streak of brand building products. In Cadillac's case the answer was yes with the Escalade, CTS, CT6, XT4, and XT5 IMO. The XT6 with Super Cruise and a higher power option may cross the line to a lukewarm yes, but as it stands right now, again IMO, it's good enough, which never is for a premium brand in the long term. The XT6 is not going to win over buyers looking at competitive products from BMW, Audi, or Mercedes, and if it cannot do that it's a big fat no.
    Last edited by SP1966; 06-05-2019 at 09:41 PM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SP1966 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-06-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-06-2019)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  4. #32
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,838
    Thanks
    515
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 793 Posts

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Why is not knowing about the chassis a lack of passion for the brand? A lot of people don't care about the underpinnings, the handling, etc.. Some just care about the looks or the fact it's a luxury car; it is their own version of passion. Most women I talk to about cars get "glazed eyes of boredom", but they still get excited about cars that look "cute" to them or meet whatever their criteria they have - different form of passion that does not rely on engines, chassis, lateral g's or 0-60 times.
    Go back and re-read the post I commented about...He said the couple he knew didn't know the Traverse and XT5 were both GMs until they saw their first finance statement.
    That indicates that they didn't do any research at all. Not sure where you get the relation between that comment and passion.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 06-05-2019 at 09:50 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6


    Hidden Content

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    BlackGTP (06-06-2019)

  6. #33
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,719
    Thanks
    12,202
    Thanked 7,964 Times in 4,721 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    and if it is... I want what I want.. U buying it for me? No? Your opinion means zero then. Done playing with U Slick.
    You want a XT6!? But I'm puzzled, are you saying I can't have an opinion or or make a comment unless I buy your cars? Really?


    You were the one that made the silly comment;
    Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    NO NO NO... This damn XT6 is using the same damn black rubber on its tires as a Chevy.

    Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Your condescending way is about as stinky and transparent as a zip-lock bag filled with ghost's dong...
    I find your demand that I buy your cars, or my opinion means zero condescending.............

    May I call you "Willy"?


    Quote Originally Posted by DequindreToo View Post
    How the XT6 gets so much praise on GMI is beyond me. If Infiniti, Lincoln, Lexus, etc. were making the same vehicle, it would not receive praise, and rightfully so.
    Exactly! Imagine if Infiniti came out with it's version of a Pathfinder 3 years later, MKX 3 years after Edge, RX350 3 years after the Highlander. (after not have ANYTHING in that segment)
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  8. #34
    Corvette C7 megeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,689
    Thanks
    5,072
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 1,933 Posts

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    I disagree...
    That doesn't make it silly.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

    W.B. Yeats- 1919



    .

  9. #35
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,838
    Thanks
    515
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 793 Posts

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Quote Originally Posted by DequindreToo View Post
    I assume that you praised competitor products, such as the Lincoln MKZ, when it was released? Because after all, it's a direct competitor to the CTS because underpinnings don't matter.
    Right, I think underpinnings don't matter when its the GM car on the FWD platform.

    Continental sucks because itz a fuzion
    XT6 is awesome because people don't care about FWD
    ATS is awesome because it has a superior platform
    TLX sucks because FWD

    Am I doing this right?
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6


    Hidden Content

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-06-2019),DequindreToo (06-05-2019),Ed753 (06-05-2019),Envoy4Life (06-06-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-06-2019),Let Them Fail (06-06-2019)

  11. #36
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    14,025
    Thanks
    5,601
    Thanked 7,994 Times in 4,004 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Quote Originally Posted by DequindreToo View Post
    I assume that you praised competitor products, such as the Lincoln MKZ, when it was released? Because after all, it's a direct competitor to the CTS because underpinnings don't matter.
    I am interested in the underpinnings of a car, and I dislike Cadillac and Lincoln sharing chassis with their lesser brands, and I've clearly said that before. I've never said that underpinnings matter to everyone. What I have said is the underpinnings can provide what people like without them knowing why - the sexy proportions of a rwd car for one. And I've said numerous times that I dislike the XTS and its awkward proportion and think it should be cancelled, Ed and I had quite a few arguments about that.

    And I've also said I do not understand it, but unlike cars, CUV's seem to get a pass and the drive wheels do not seem to matter.

  12. #37
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,719
    Thanks
    12,202
    Thanked 7,964 Times in 4,721 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I am interested in the underpinnings of a car, and I dislike Cadillac and Lincoln sharing chassis with their lesser brands, and I've clearly said that before. I've never said that underpinnings matter to everyone. What I have said is the underpinnings can provide what people like without them knowing why - the sexy proportions of a rwd car for one. And I've said numerous times that I dislike the XTS and its awkward proportion and think it should be cancelled, Ed and I had quite a few arguments about that.

    And I've also said I do not understand it, but unlike cars, CUV's seem to get a pass and the drive wheels do not seem to matter.
    But that was Lincoln's "recipe" (sharing platforms with Ford) they weren't chasing BMW and M-B, Cadillac was..............

    So now Cadillac comes out with its own version of the GMC Acadia, 3+ years later, and it's freakin awesome!?

    And actually, it hasn't stopped/changed.............

    The XTS isn't a BMW or M-B type of machine, but like it or not; it is what Cadillac is. Cadillac should have tried harder on the trunk; there is no reason a car that big, with a trunk that big (inside) should have what looks like mail-slot for a decklid.
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ed753 For This Useful Post:

    DequindreToo (06-05-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-06-2019)

  14. #38
    Corvette C7 megeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,689
    Thanks
    5,072
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 1,933 Posts

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Because you dont agree with it doesn't make it a silly question.
    How can anyone disagree with a question? I simply state it's silly because the answer is so obvious.

    These are 2 vehicles literally on the same platform in arguably the same segment with the cheaper one being significantly larger.
    So you think it would all be OK if they were the same size?

    The answer is brand. The Cadillac brand allows fetching more money for a smaller vehicle. There's also the $ 13,000.00 base price difference that says they are not in the same segment.
    Last edited by megeebee; 06-05-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

    W.B. Yeats- 1919



    .

  15. #39
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    17,465
    Thanks
    2,135
    Thanked 4,401 Times in 2,501 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    God, this is such a boring damn vehicle.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

    Envoy4Life (06-06-2019)

  17. #40
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 DequindreToo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    1,086
    Thanked 544 Times in 242 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Buick Regal Turbo

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I am interested in the underpinnings of a car, and I dislike Cadillac and Lincoln sharing chassis with their lesser brands, and I've clearly said that before. I've never said that underpinnings matter to everyone. What I have said is the underpinnings can provide what people like without them knowing why - the sexy proportions of a rwd car for one. And I've said numerous times that I dislike the XTS and its awkward proportion and think it should be cancelled, Ed and I had quite a few arguments about that.

    And I've also said I do not understand it, but unlike cars, CUV's seem to get a pass and the drive wheels do not seem to matter.
    Thanks for making a compelling point as to why the Aviator is superior to the XT6 in at least one regard (not to mention in powertrain, price, styling, etc.).

    Looking toward the future, I doubt that CUV's will simply "get a pass" as sedans are replaced as the market's dominant bodystyle.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DequindreToo For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-06-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-06-2019),sdotjeezy (06-05-2019)

  19. #41
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    14,025
    Thanks
    5,601
    Thanked 7,994 Times in 4,004 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    But that was Lincoln's "recipe" (sharing platforms with Ford) they weren't chasing BMW and M-B, Cadillac was..............

    So now Cadillac comes out with its own version of the GMC Acadia, 3+ years later, and it's freakin awesome!?

    And actually, it hasn't stopped/changed.............

    The XTS isn't a BMW or M-B type of machine, but like it or not; it is what Cadillac is. Cadillac should have tried harder on the trunk; there is no reason a car that big, with a trunk that big (inside) should have what looks like mail-slot for a decklid.
    Is it valid to say Lincoln is not chasing the Germans? Clearly their exteriors strongly "borrow" Euro styling and their interiors are taking a page from Mercedes. It seems GM went to great pains to make the styling, inside and out, to be unique. The only difference is one journalist decided to print "Audi clone" in and article and everyone who doesn't like Cadillac has run with it, and Lincoln's borrowed styling only made a smaller splash with Bentley wanting their styling back.

    And I do agree, Cadillac has missed the target with practicality, allowing other metrics/styling to impede on getting things into trunks, people into backseats (ATS), etc..

  20. #42
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    817
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 803 Times in 379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    I'd like to add to what meegee said... What compelled U to buy an Enclave over the Acadia? Size maybe.. But that wasn't always the case.. In fact just 2 years ago on Buick/GMC lots one had a choice of the exact same sized Lambda to choose from.. And styling and message determined that purchase. I will also add, AGAIN, that everyone buying vehicles don't have the same insight as U.. I can grab 8 out of 10 people right now in my office who have absolutely no idea what that their Lexus is a Toyota.. Chevy is related to their co-worker's Buick. I have friends who actually bought (husband and wife) GM vehicles from multiple divisions and didn't know they were from the same company until the finance bill came.
    Sound like people ripe to be picked for those "Real people ads".

    Reminds me of a story back in 1994 when the Chevy Caprice and Impala SS was being shown together to "real people" and some of them were amazed that to find out they were the same car.
    That's the real world. Most people buy vehicles as an appliance. We knew that though
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

  21. #43
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    14,025
    Thanks
    5,601
    Thanked 7,994 Times in 4,004 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Quote Originally Posted by DequindreToo View Post
    Thanks for making a compelling point as to why the Aviator is superior to the XT6 in at least one regard (not to mention in powertrain, price, styling, etc.).

    Looking toward the future, I doubt that CUV's will simply "get a pass" as sedans are replaced as the market's dominant bodystyle.
    Good for you! However, if you are taking my words as fact, then you can't overlook where I said CUV's get a pass*** with the fwd vs. rwd styling (the part you forgot to bold). I don't think the drive wheels make much of a difference in the segment. Most likely because the practical styling of the segment doesn't clearly demonstrate the drive wheels, where cars do. Nor does the Aviator particularly have that "wheels stretched to the corner" styling of rwd cars (neither does the Escalade).

    I do not think the Aviator and XT6 will attract the same customer. XT6 will be "soccer mom's" vehicle, the Aviator will be Dad's vehicle. I'll be interested in seeing which one performs better in the market place. And styling is a personal choice, I do not like Lincoln's borrowed Euro exterior styling and interior of Mercedes meeting the 1970's. And I've said before that I do expect the Aviator to do well, unless it is strangely capacity constrained like the Navigator, because it will be important for Ford to build more lower profit vehicles than higher profit Lincoln's.

    As far as the future, seems like Cadillac, Lexus and Audi are doing very well with fwd based CUV's... Unfortunately performance and rwd is not what the segment is crying out for.


    *** they don't get a pass from me, but sales volume tells me the market doesn't feel like I do

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

    Robert1969 (06-06-2019),SKH (06-06-2019)

  23. #44
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    440
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 337 Times in 189 Posts
    My Ride
    18 CTS

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I am interested in the underpinnings of a car, and I dislike Cadillac and Lincoln sharing chassis with their lesser brands, and I've clearly said that before. I've never said that underpinnings matter to everyone. What I have said is the underpinnings can provide what people like without them knowing why - the sexy proportions of a rwd car for one. And I've said numerous times that I dislike the XTS and its awkward proportion and think it should be cancelled, Ed and I had quite a few arguments about that.

    And I've also said I do not understand it, but unlike cars, CUV's seem to get a pass and the drive wheels do not seem to matter.



    Because they're jacked up and heavy which wrecks handling versus a sports sedan anyway. Who cares if they're RWD or FWD based? The vast majority are family haulers or mall hoppers for the female set.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

    Ed753 (06-06-2019)

  25. #45
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    21,380
    Thanks
    3,634
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

    Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

    Lol, the double standard on GMI never fails to entertain.

    If the XT6 were a RWD Omega-based crossover LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN with a 3.0TT as a base motor, and Lincoln rebodied a FWD Explorer for its new Aviator and stuck the Ford 3.5L V6 in it, and overpriced it by a good $7,500, GMI would have had a field day with it. But now that it's the other way around, it doesn't matter.

    And since it's the Cadillac that's FWD with a corporate V6 in it, it's okay.
    Current:

    2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

    2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

    Hidden Content

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-06-2019),DequindreToo (06-06-2019),Ed753 (06-06-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-06-2019)

  27. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2