Preview XT6 preproduction

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview XT6 preproduction

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Preview XT6 preproduction

Hopefully this video works. I have the worst luck at these. Preview of xt6. Pretty much what I expected. Itís nice. Not a game changer. I like that it has night vision. He kept calling it the sport but pretty sure itís premium luxury.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to samesun For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-04-2019),bronx13 (06-05-2019),Cobaltss_King (06-05-2019),megeebee (06-05-2019),Robert1969 (06-06-2019),supraracer (06-04-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Preview XT6 preproduction

NO NO NO... This damn XT6 is using the same damn black rubber on its tires as a Chevy.

Oh.. GORGEOUS! Interior looks very nice. My GF is already talking about comparing it to the Xt5 when it shows up.. to see if she needs or wants the extra space. Great job Cadillac
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-05-2019),BlackGTP (06-05-2019),dslay04 (06-05-2019),jzchev28 (06-05-2019),Robert1969 (06-06-2019),Scrambler (06-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 1,933 Posts

I've said this before, but I congratulate the Designers on the proportions achieved in the frontal areas. I know it's a FWD platform, and if you look closely it's very obvious. But somehow the cabin feels set-back further. The overall profile is more balanced.

I'm looking forward to seeing some in the wild a bit later this year.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to megeebee For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-05-2019),BlackGTP (06-05-2019),jzchev28 (06-05-2019),samesun (06-05-2019)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,239 Times in 666 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

I'm not that negative on this car - it's not class leading but it's fine and it will sell. All CUVs sell ok, that's what the market wants.

I already see lots of XT4s driving around.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kool1 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-05-2019),BlackGTP (06-05-2019),Robert1969 (06-06-2019)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,518 Times in 764 Posts

Still don't like it. Should've been Omega based and aimed directly @ the X7 and GLS. Not this low reaching overlapping stuff. What will compel someone to spend 10K over the larger Enclave Premium on the same lot?
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

ryannel2003 (06-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 1,933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    What will compel someone to spend 10K over the larger Enclave Premium on the same lot?
    Silly question.

What compels people to buy a Navigator over an Expedition? An Escalade over a Tahoe? A MKX over an Edge? And the Fords are more likely to be "on the same lot" as the Cadillac and the Buick. There are far fewer Cadillac/ Buick dealers than Ford/Lincoln. In fact virtually all Lincoln dealers are dualed with Ford.
    Last edited by megeebee; 06-05-2019 at 10:46 PM.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megeebee For This Useful Post:

jzchev28 (06-05-2019),Robert1969 (06-06-2019)

Thanks
    Still don't like it. Should've been Omega based and aimed directly @ the X7 and GLS. Not this low reaching overlapping stuff. What will compel someone to spend 10K over the larger Enclave Premium on the same lot?
    I'd like to add to what meegee said... What compelled U to buy an Enclave over the Acadia? Size maybe.. But that wasn't always the case.. In fact just 2 years ago on Buick/GMC lots one had a choice of the exact same sized Lambda to choose from.. And styling and message determined that purchase. I will also add, AGAIN, that everyone buying vehicles don't have the same insight as U.. I can grab 8 out of 10 people right now in my office who have absolutely no idea what that their Lexus is a Toyota.. Chevy is related to their co-worker's Buick. I have friends who actually bought (husband and wife) GM vehicles from multiple divisions and didn't know they were from the same company until the finance bill came.
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

jzchev28 (06-05-2019),megeebee (06-05-2019),Robert1969 (06-06-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    Silly question.

What compels people to buy a Navigator over an Expedition? An Escalade over a Tahoe? A MKZ over an Edge? And the Fords are more likely to be "on the same lot" as the Cadillac and the Buick. There are far fewer Cadillac/ Buick dealers than Ford/Lincoln. In fact virtually all Lincoln dealers are dualed with Ford.
    Because you dont agree with it doesn't make it a silly question. These are 2 vehicles literally on the same platform in arguably the same segment with the cheaper one being significantly larger.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (06-11-2019),ryannel2003 (06-05-2019)

Thanks

Because you dont agree with it doesn't make it a silly question. These are 2 vehicles literally on the same platform in arguably the same segment with the cheaper one being significantly larger.

But again.. How do U explain that my friends who recently bought a Traverse for himself, his wife has an XT5, and are looking at the Blazer for their daughter..didn't seem to realize that they are driving platform mates. His wife didn't even know that the XT5 and Traverse were apart of the same corporation until they got their statements the same day from GM Finance

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

megeebee (06-05-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Cadillac basing the xt6 off the popular xt5 was the smart thing to do. Having a rwd architecture does not guarantee healthy sales. Besides, I don’t think a rwd-based xt6 would have looked all that different from what we have. This will sell well and make money...that’s its mission.

Cadillac can add performance SUVs to compete w the big boys later.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to samesun For This Useful Post:

megeebee (06-05-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    I'd like to add to what meegee said... What compelled U to buy an Enclave over the Acadia? Size maybe.. But that wasn't always the case.. In fact just 2 years ago on Buick/GMC lots one had a choice of the exact same sized Lambda to choose from.. And styling and message determined that purchase. I will also add, AGAIN, that everyone buying vehicles don't have the same insight as U.. I can grab 8 out of 10 people right now in my office who have absolutely no idea what that their Lexus is a Toyota.. Chevy is related to their co-worker's Buick. I have friends who actually bought (husband and wife) GM vehicles from multiple divisions and didn't know they were from the same company until the finance bill came.
    Gen 1 it was about styling, did you want a softer looking CUV verses a more SUVesque CUV. Now w/ the Buick/GMC it boils down to sizing, the Acadia is now a "2 row" CUV w/ a 3rd row if you're in a pinch while the Enclave offers interior volume just short of the FS BOF Yukon at about $20K cheaper. That's why I chose the Enclave over the Acadia and the Yukon.

GM w/ the XT6 is banking that it has enough style/premium panache to overcome its size/price disadvantage versus its bigger/cheaper siblings. In the instance I mentioned, the Enclave has just as much style on the outside and maybe a smidge behind in interior design/quality. Does the XT6 offer enough over the Enclave to evoke an emotional purchase over the Enclave because it wouldn't be a logical purchase? To me it doesn't.

Also megeebee, there are alot more Dealerships than you think that wrap B-GMC-Cadillac into one showroom so that choice is available to many to make.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Some people don't need the larger one. They just want the occasional third row. And why pay more? It's a Cadillac, not a Buick. It's got a totally different look also.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    But again.. How do U explain that my friends who recently bought a Traverse for himself, his wife has an XT5, and are looking at the Blazer for their daughter..didn't seem to realize that they are driving platform mates. His wife didn't even know that the XT5 and Traverse were apart of the same corporation until they got their statements the same day from GM Finance
    My explanation...They didn't research their purchase at all.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
    Some people don't need the larger one. They just want the occasional third row. And why pay more? It's a Cadillac, not a Buick. It's got a totally different look also.
    It's a Cadillac not a Buick...what does that even mean anymore w/ Cadillac moving downmarket to chase volume.

My argument from jump is that the XT4/5/6 now play in the entry level lux segment which is where their supposed tweener brand Buick is supposed to play. Cadillac was supposed to move upmarket and truly compete w/ BMW, MB etc. If this is where Cadillac wants to be with entry level lux type offerings why even bother w/ keeping Buick in the US? End the redundancy and free up resources for Cadillac.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

It's a Cadillac not a Buick...what does that even mean anymore w/ Cadillac moving downmarket to chase volume.

My argument from jump is that the XT4/5/6 now play in the entry level lux segment which is where their supposed tweener brand Buick is supposed to play. Cadillac was supposed to move upmarket and truly compete w/ BMW, MB etc. If this is where Cadillac wants to be with entry level lux type offerings why even bother w/ keeping Buick in the US? End the redundancy and free up resources for Cadillac.
    Buick is not really entry entry level luxury, other than the Enclave there's nothing. The Xt4-5-6 compete fine with Lexus, Infiniti, Acura etc. Most buyers of crossovers don't care if they're FWD or RWD based. They just want AWD. Sales have proven this out. Spending more billions for RWD crossovers doesn't make a lot of sense for Caddy right now. Their crossovers are selling fine. And they have the Escalade for those who want a RWD SUV.

28. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information