Powertrain Tweeks Coming to the ATS-V?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powertrain Tweeks Coming to the ATS-V?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,902 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

Powertrain Tweeks Coming to the ATS-V?

Motor
    This lightly camouflaged left-drive prototype was spied on Melbourne’s Toorak Road last weekend and with its bonnet bulging and menacing quad tailpipes looked oh-so-right on Aussie soil.
    This particular car could be even faster than the current American-spec ATS-V, too, given it’s undergoing development work and could be boasting who-knows-what under the skin. The current-spec ATS-V does 0-97km/h in 3.8sec with launch control and costs AUD$80K in the USA.
    But sadly it’s not confirmation the 3.6-litre twin-turbo V6, rear-drive rocket is on its way Down Under, a Holden spokesperson telling MOTOR “there is no plan” to bring the Cadillac brand to Oz.
    Any thoughts?

Could this be the 10 speed migrating to the ATS-V? Could we be receiving a higher output ATS-V+? Could this be something for the next generation?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 8,772 Times in 5,645 Posts

Re: Powertrain Tweeks Coming to the ATS-V?

I think it could be the 10spd and a powertrain update. They've already said the CTS-V is getting both, too.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Premium Member CaddyLac10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    I think it could be the 10spd and a powertrain update. They've already said the CTS-V is getting both, too.
    I wish the CTS would get AWD too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 9,554 Times in 4,668 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

I'm assuming just the change to a 10 speed would change the character of the car. Either way, any improvement is always welcome. A friend of mine was able to drive one a few weeks ago, he said it was awesome!

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,823 Times in 3,789 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion
    I do not see how GM global propulsion systems do not make a replacement for the LS7 and remain credible in the light of What Ford and Jaguar are doing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

eb110americana (09-21-2016)

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 635 Posts

I thought the 3.6TT is still based on the old 3.6, not the revised model used in n/a form in the Camaro. Not sure where the 3.0TT fits (old or new engine architecture). But a 3.6TT with the power density of the 3.0TT would be at 480 hp if my math is correct. And, the 3.0TT doesn't seem to be in a particularly high state of tune. A new 510 hp ATS-V to beat the new Alpha Romeo (if it ever actually arrives!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tone For This Useful Post:

mbukukanyau (09-21-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyLac10 View Post
    I wish the CTS would get AWD too.
    That's not supposed to be until the next-gen V's, which makes me wonder what exactly they'll look like or if Vsport will really expand like Audi's S considering I don't believe CT5 is supposed to get a V.

Even then, it's supposed to be e-AWD.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sfbreh For This Useful Post:

CaddyLac10 (09-21-2016)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,823 Times in 3,789 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

That's not supposed to be until the next-gen V's, which makes me wonder what exactly they'll look like or if Vsport will really expand like Audi's S considering I don't believe CT5 is supposed to get a V.

The King over at Cadillac said Cadillac is not going to do AWD performance, its going to keep it RWD

Thanks
    My Ride
    1992 Supra Turbo

Horsepower is not the ATS-V's issue...
    Straights are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers.

1992 Supra Turbo (Modified)
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ RS (Trifecta Tune Coming Soon)
    Past Rides:
    Nissan Murano SLE AWD
    Chrysler Conquest TSI (Modified)
    Toyota Celica ST
    '77 COTY Chevrolet Caprice Classic w/F41 option

Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

I highly doubt they would leave that market. They do very well in it. I think the confusion may have come in because it would not arrive in 5 years from that roadmap JdN presented. It might come by year 6.

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    The King over at Cadillac said Cadillac is not going to do AWD performance, its going to keep it RWD
    since when? I read the opposite.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    I believe it was Edmunds who begs to differ.

Also:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2016/02/25/b...-drive-future/
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-a-lot-of-fun/

We'll see how long Cadillac sticks to RWD.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/gm-e...chevrolet.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dslay04 View Post
    I highly doubt they would leave that market. They do very well in it. I think the confusion may have come in because it would not arrive in 5 years from that roadmap JdN presented. It might come by year 6.

since when? I read the opposite.
    The map is all jumbled, but there's only supposed to be 4 V's.

CT2 is supposed to get a V. D2JL, FWD but mainly AWD and released alongside a V (which I would imagine would not be terribly unlike an STi)

CT3/4 is supposed to get a V. A2S/A/BL, and my personal opinion is that it will be much closer to a G2 CTS-V than a G3.

CT5 we've heard some murmurs about it being a midsize coupe or just another sedan while having seen Elmiraj and being told there's supposedly a CT7 Elmiraj-inspired coupe on the way. No V either way, but I believe Elmiraj actually introduced the concept of Vsport. It's A2LL, and a sedan.

CT6, no V.

CT7, if it makes it, will probably be the aforementioned coupe somewhat mimicking Lexus/BMW.

RWD Omega SUV, V.

Zora twin, V.

No other V's, but look at Elmiraj. Look at the S8. Is the S8 really any less of a car than the RS7? It's almost identical in tangible performance.

I think that's how we'll see Vsport evolve. We hear some weird talk about a CTS-V powered Escalade with the redo coming up, but we all know that's not an Escalade V. It's a Vsport.

That's what I'm talking about with a CT5 Vsport. Think maybe similar power as we have now (600/600 suggested for the coming mid-engine Corvette and Cadillac) with an AWD system like CT6 OR a CT6 with the same power.

Vsport could be a mixed bag, like S is at Audi; you have anything from the 550i-competitive S6/S7 to the Panamera Turbo/RS7-competitive S8.

Thanks

The map is all jumbled, but there's only supposed to be 4 V's.

CT2 is supposed to get a V. D2JL, FWD but mainly AWD and released alongside a V (which I would imagine would not be terribly unlike an STi)

CT3/4 is supposed to get a V. A2S/A/BL, and my personal opinion is that it will be much closer to a G2 CTS-V than a G3.

CT5 we've heard some murmurs about it being a midsize coupe or just another sedan while having seen Elmiraj and being told there's supposedly a CT7 Elmiraj-inspired coupe on the way. No V either way, but I believe Elmiraj actually introduced the concept of Vsport. It's A2LL, and a sedan.

CT6, no V.

CT7, if it makes it, will probably be the aforementioned coupe somewhat mimicking Lexus/BMW.

RWD Omega SUV, V.

Zora twin, V.

No other V's, but look at Elmiraj. Look at the S8. Is the S8 really any less of a car than the RS7? It's almost identical in tangible performance.

I think that's how we'll see Vsport evolve. We hear some weird talk about a CTS-V powered Escalade with the redo coming up, but we all know that's not an Escalade V. It's a Vsport.

That's what I'm talking about with a CT5 Vsport. Think maybe similar power as we have now (600/600 suggested for the coming mid-engine Corvette and Cadillac) with an AWD system like CT6 OR a CT6 with the same power.

Vsport could be a mixed bag, like S is at Audi; you have anything from the 550i-competitive S6/S7 to the Panamera Turbo/RS7-competitive S8.
    You and your road maps smh hahahaha
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 13’ Audi A3 Hatch TDI
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

Thanks
    My Ride
    See Sig

Hood looks the same as 2016 ATS-V to me. Is the ATS-V currently offered down there? They might just be doing region specific suspension calibration and tuning in order to offer it? Not sure anything in the photos really points to significant power train upgrades...Be interesting to see what becomes of this.
    Current:
    2000 Corvette Convertible MN6 - Summer DD (CAI, LS6 intake mani, cam, valve springs, 25% UD Pulley, LT headers/X-pipe, C5Z06 Ti catback, C6Z51 anti-sway bars w/ custom heim joint end links, C6Z51 dampers, LG tunnel plate, Nitto NT05s)
    2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT - Winter & Utility
    2013 Chevrolet Tahoe LT Z71
    1995 BMW M3 5 spd - Track toy
    1998 Honda VFR800FI
    2005 Fleetwood Prowler 28' Travel Trailer
    Wife:
    2018 Silverado CC NHT

Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

Quote Originally Posted by Cphelps View Post
    Hood looks the same as 2016 ATS-V to me. Is the ATS-V currently offered down there? They might just be doing region specific suspension calibration and tuning in order to offer it? Not sure anything in the photos really points to significant power train upgrades...Be interesting to see what becomes of this.
    No it's not offered, and the model that was testing was LHD.

The article writers called Holden and they stated it was for powertrain testing and calibration

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information