Where are those first drive reviews? You're not curious at all as to why GM hasn't put a car out for an official review by any one of the major publications?
So lets do a quick rundown of what GM did here:
1. Named an engine "Blackwing"
2. Planned to put blackwing in CT6 VSport and Platinum - unknown at this point what was going to go into full V
3. Killed VSport CT6 and renamed to V with Blackwing V8
4. Initially planned to release the weaksauce CT4/5 V as VSports, how do we know, someone screwed the pooch and let one out for testing w/ VSport badging
5. released the weaksauce CT4/5 Vs as full Vs w/ both under 400hp, screwing any sort of reputation V had because VSport in their eyes failed to gain traction
6. Decided to name what used to be the full on V after an engine that all of the adorned cars may not have
So...in short, they took a badge that meant something then made it not mean what it used to mean because the previous badge that the cars used to have didn't mean anything. So they then took the cars that made the previous badge mean something and then put a stupid badge on it in hopes that badge can mean something when the entire time they could've just changed nothing at all.
now instead of having 1 badge that meant something and another that didn't mean anything but made sense, you screw over the badge that meant something and create a new badge that noone knows what it means...is it an engine, is it a trim, who knows..."Blackwing" yeah that sounds cool! /sarcasm
Dang...that wasn't short at all.