News About The Upcoming Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: News About The Upcoming Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,554 Times in 773 Posts

Re: News About The Upcoming Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing

Quote Originally Posted by bmwboy2007 View Post
    Logic is less of a factor in the realm of luxury goods, to say the least. The fact the Blackwing engine is a Cadillac exclusive would give it cachet over the more pedestrian LT4, and it's not clear to me that more power would be required over a Blackwing.

A Cadillac exclusive engine certainly has more appeal and bragging rights over a Chevrolet engine.

Perhaps there should be a Blackwing CT5 V that's less about prioritizing neck snapping performance and 'Ring times, and more about prestige and luxury with more than adequate performance.
    But then you fall into the trap of the added cost of the BW vs the LT4, using the LT4 ensures that you're hands down faster than the Euros at a way lower price, the BW...may not be 100% certain that you're going to outgun the likes of the E63/M5 w/ a price that'll be too close for comfort to the aforementioned AMG/M cars
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

SierraGS (07-21-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

I hope, and pray that GM does not display such amazing ineptness as going with the Black Wing title for the performance sub brand. Cadillac could easily use VR , which would at least not sully many years of V excellence. Also without AWD regardless of engine output it will simply not compete with the Germans.
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 674 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    They have that. It's called the CT5-V and has 355HP and 400ft-lb.
    No. Not a 6 cylinder engine. It should have the proper Blackwing V8 and HP should be in the 450 - 480 range.
    Last edited by bmwboy2007; 07-17-2019 at 06:03 PM.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,554 Times in 773 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    I hope, and pray that GM does not display such amazing ineptness as going with the Black Wing title for the performance sub brand. Cadillac could easily use VR , which would at least not sully many years of V excellence. Also without AWD regardless of engine output it will simply not compete with the Germans.
    Or...they could've just used VSport and V, but I'm not going down that rabbit hole again.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

buildacariwant (07-17-2019),germeezy1 (07-19-2019),jpd80 (07-17-2019),Z Fury (07-18-2019)

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,730 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by Shloma View Post
    Lieberman's stupid fantasy is not the news! Just his thoughts. That idiot does not even realise that CT5 is a D class car. Priced from 37k btw.

It won't get the old 6.2

Blackwing V8 baby. And *uck his dumb thoughts.
    That's a very competitive base price. Hopefully in person they didn't achieve this by using cheap materials. The rear console looks kind of bargain basement, but is I believe consistent with most of the competition.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

bronx13 (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

The forbidden site has the announced prices for the 2.0T: $38k for base, $41 for Premium Lux, $42 for sport.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ral1960 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (07-18-2019),buildacariwant (07-17-2019),Dheart (07-17-2019),jzchev28 (07-18-2019),megeebee (07-17-2019),SavoieRF (07-17-2019),Vagon11 (07-17-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 669 Posts
    My Ride
    E93, STS, MX5, CRV

Next month:
    Blackwing will be its own GM brand for compact FWD electric cars
    The V-series badge will be applied to Cadillacs that have black raven paint

Because it's GM so why the heck not

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    Using this engine makes perfect sense for the CT5-V BW, and also using the ATS-V engine for the CT4-V BW. Most of the engineering has already been done and the associated costs amortized, so the ROI is much greater than if they used the BLACKWING V8.
    If this is true then itís almost certain the Slade will offer the 4.2TT which could be the reason why neither sedan gets the new V8. Also more V8 CT6s will be built going forward.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillacís newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 12í Infiniti M37S
    17í Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16í Cadillac ELR

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

"There is no way they will throw that Blackwing engine in anything other than the CT6 and the only reason it's going in the Escalade is because there will no longer be a CT6."

The above statement was made by the significant other. This news would mean he's right and I'm wrong and I won't hear the end of it.

Please let this news be incorrect!
    RedSkyBlackDreamô

Thanks
    My Ride
    See Sig
    I'm sort of torn on this. On the one hand, I love me some small block, and from a performance perspective the LT4 is superior. On the other hand, it seems silly to name it Blackwing if it doesn't get the Blackwing.
    It also seems odd that they'd be using GenV stuff still for these cars, but maybe the blackwing plain won't fit. I recall weight is supposed to be on par with LT4 and hot V turbos certainly help with packaging, but I've got to believe that the DOHC V8 is still physically larger. Maybe the smaller bore spacing is enough to counteract massive DOHC heads.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwboy2007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 61BelAir View Post
    I agree with this 100% but you're thinking logically and logic has no place in a conversation where personal opinion is more important than the facts.
    Logic is less of a factor in the realm of luxury goods, to say the least. The fact the Blackwing engine is a Cadillac exclusive would give it cachet over the more pedestrian LT4, and it's not clear to me that more power would be required over a Blackwing.

A Cadillac exclusive engine certainly has more appeal and bragging rights over a Chevrolet engine.

Perhaps there should be a Blackwing CT5 V that's less about prioritizing neck snapping performance and 'Ring times, and more about prestige and luxury with more than adequate performance.
    I think that's the first time I've ever heard of a 650 hp and tq engine referred to as pedestrian.
    Current:
    2000 Corvette Convertible MN6 - Summer DD (CAI, LS6 intake mani, cam, valve springs, 25% UD Pulley, LT headers/X-pipe, C5Z06 Ti catback, C6Z51 anti-sway bars w/ custom heim joint end links, C6Z51 dampers, LG tunnel plate, Nitto NT05s)
    2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT - Winter & Utility
    2013 Chevrolet Tahoe LT Z71
    1995 BMW M3 5 spd - Track toy
    1998 Honda VFR800FI
    2005 Fleetwood Prowler 28' Travel Trailer
    Wife:
    2018 Silverado CC NHT

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cphelps For This Useful Post:

criticalmass (07-18-2019),jzchev28 (07-18-2019),SavoieRF (07-17-2019),Vagon11 (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 674 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cphelps View Post
    I think that's the first time I've ever heard of a 650 hp and tq engine referred to as pedestrian.
    Of course everything is relative. But compared to the more exclusive Blackwing engine, I'd say so. That's the point of having an engine with a proper pedigree.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Busterchops View Post
    That's just stupid if true. You have a state of the art motor in the new blackwing and you put 8 year old tech. I didn't buy the CTS-V because that motor whined so much under power and of course lost significant power at altitude. With the new turbo's having no lag its ridiculous to not go with blackwing motor in a car named blackwing. There is a reason all 3 german auto makers use turbo motors, its better tech, better gas mileage, better performance. Will GM ever learn?
    That is not true, the German automakers went with turbo charged motors to comply with new EU regulations.... it is their marketing department that has convinced you otherwise.
    Last edited by roadkillz; 07-17-2019 at 11:03 PM.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jesda1 View Post
    Next month:
    Blackwing will be its own GM brand for compact FWD electric cars
    The V-series badge will be applied to Cadillacs that have black raven paint

Because it's GM so why the heck not
    While the TT V-6 engine is a no brainer for the CT4 V "blackwing" and the beefed up CT4 in the CT5 along with a manual transmission is going to make for an insane ride. This is just dumb to name a trim after an engine in which the vehicles in that trim will not have that engine. This should have never been called blackwing (unless every model in that lineup will have a black wing). Who knows maybe the changes to the LT4 engine will come with a new branding of blackwing and the TT V-6 engine may also get the black wing branding.

Then you have another problem here, this is where one must look at an example of good branding (though still BS) which is Fords ecoboost branding. Every ecoboost engine includes turbocharging and direct injection while the engines that will now be associated with "blackwing" will include supercharged and turbocharged engines. I wouldn't be shocked if there isn't a CT3 V blackwing with a normally aspirated motor in it, so you now get V series models with a truck engine and a pedestrian engine (2.7T truck engine and a de-tuned 3.0 TT V-6 engine) you now get this black wing mess too.

Which brings me to my big issue with GM right now, Mark Ruess and Tadge are both morons who should be replaced.... but that isn't going to happen.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,756 Times in 3,273 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

There is absolutely why ze blackwing should not get the new DCT in the Corvette. Seriously

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 600 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    The forbidden site has the announced prices for the 2.0T: $38k for base, $41 for Premium Lux, $42 for sport.
    That is a significant price drop compared to CTS.

Since this car is almost the same size as CTS i wonder...where did they made cost cutting. Interior? Fit and finish? NVH department?

23. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information