New CT5 Spyshots

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New CT5 Spyshots

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,070 Times in 1,900 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

New CT5 Spyshots

Anybody want to give a try to figure out how large or small this is in comparison to CTS and ATS.

Here’s our first look at the upcoming Cadillac CT5, spied undergoing testing in what appears to be a mid-level development stage while wearing a significant amount of camouflage.

At the front, this CT5 prototype shows headlights that have a similar “boomerang-like” shape as those on the Cadillac Escala concept, with a new horizontal accent light joining the primary light unit and the vertical accent light seen on current Cadillac model. Meanwhile, the hood features very prominent surface styling elements very much reminiscent of those on the current CT6 and CTS. Notably, the hood has a scoop, making us wonder if the model we’re looking at here is a mid-tier performance model in the form of a CT5 V-Sport. Alternatively, the scoop might simply be part of the camouflage, and not at all part of the aesthetic or functional elements of the CT5.

Though it’s challenging to tell exactly how big the vehicle actually is from these shots, it does appear to be smaller than the current, third-generation Cadillac CTS and larger than the first-generation ATS. This lends more credibility to rumors that the CT5 will be positioned as a “tweener” model between the compact and midsize luxury sedan classes.

Notably, the roof line flows into the rear end in a much smoother fashion than what we currently see from the ATS and CTS. This gives the vehicle a sportback-like profile seen on such models as the BMW 4 Series Grand Coupé, Audi A5 Sportback and the new Buick Regal Sportback. But while those vehicles all feature a liftback-style hatch, we believe that the Cadillac CT5 will stick with a traditional trunk.

Despite the heavy camo, we can make out that the CT5 tester is wearing “boomerang-like” taillights – another design trait from the Escala concept. We’re not quite sure why the tester has what appears to be a horizontal light strip along the decklid, but we suspect it’s meant to confuse passers-by and enthusiasts like ourselves into thinking that we’re looking at a prototype for the next-generation Dodge Charger. Finally, the Cadillac CT5 tester also features horizontal exhaust outlets at the very bottom, which are similar to those used on the third-gen Cadillac CTS from the 2014-2016 model years. The outlets were swapped to vertical units for the 2017 model year.
    Cadillac Society
    Last edited by dslay04; 03-20-2018 at 11:02 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dslay04 For This Useful Post:

chrisc205 (03-23-2018),Cobaltss_King (03-20-2018),impala02 (03-20-2018),johnstarnes (03-20-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,670 Times in 3,708 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Re: New CT5 Spyshots

There is really nothing more revealing in these shots than what we have already seen.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    There is really nothing more revealing in these shots than what we have already seen.
    Full profile this time

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

It sure would be nice to see the manual trans make a return in this generation.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 13’ Audi A3 Hatch TDI
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

I think there is some confusion as to how the lineup will pan out in the future, so many people saying so many things though from JDN it sounds like the CT5 is going to be between the size of the ATS and CTS and replace both with a RWD sedan coming that will be smaller then the ATS. It just sounds to me that the CT6 will in fact end up facing the BMW 5 series, Mercedes E class, and Audi A6 with a car that will slot above it Escala. After all if the CT5 is smaller then the CTS then how is it going to face the E, 5, and A6? on top of that there are rumors of CT4 replacing the ATS and CT5 replacing the CTS.

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 1,397 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

Quote Originally Posted by roadkillz View Post
    I think there is some confusion as to how the lineup will pan out in the future, so many people saying so many things though from JDN it sounds like the CT5 is going to be between the size of the ATS and CTS and replace both with a RWD sedan coming that will be smaller then the ATS. It just sounds to me that the CT6 will in fact end up facing the BMW 5 series, Mercedes E class, and Audi A6 with a car that will slot above it Escala. After all if the CT5 is smaller then the CTS then how is it going to face the E, 5, and A6? on top of that there are rumors of CT4 replacing the ATS and CT5 replacing the CTS.
    Cadillac's already internally alluded to CT6 as it's "midsize" offering, so it appears as though CT5 will indeed straddle the compact/midsize segment, and CT4 will be aimed more towards the CLA/2-series.
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltss_King View Post
    It sure would be nice to see the manual trans make a return in this generation.
    We need prayers.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrambler For This Useful Post:

Cobaltss_King (03-21-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 755 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Can't wait to see what Cadillac has here - current ATS/CTS needs to be replaced ASAP.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    15 ATS Performance AWD

Quote Originally Posted by roadkillz View Post
    If people would listen to what JDN has been saying and repeated here ad nauseam then there would be no confusion, but people like to make up straw-men and then beat them. To recap: CT5 replaces ATS to compete with 3/A4/C, CT6 replaces (displaces) CTS to compete against E/A6/5 and CT4 is a new entry to compete against CLA/3/2. They are ALL tweeners so they will ALL be bigger than their German competitors but, one assumes, priced competitively.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CadillacSA For This Useful Post:

Curtnik (03-22-2018)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Buick Regal Turbo

I really like the sleek profile! I wonder if it will end up being a hatch, kind of like the new Regal?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,770 Times in 5,645 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSA View Post
    If people would listen to what JDN has been saying and repeated here ad nauseam then there would be no confusion, but people like to make up straw-men and then beat them. To recap: CT5 replaces ATS to compete with 3/A4/C, CT6 replaces (displaces) CTS to compete against E/A6/5 and CT4 is a new entry to compete against CLA/3/2. They are ALL tweeners so they will ALL be bigger than their German competitors but, one assumes, priced competitively.
    That's a perspective. Another perspective would be, CT5 is to CTS what CT6 is to STS. CT4 is just another ATS without a LWB variant (which gets rolled into CT5).

CT5 will represent different things different places, which is why there is no direct successor to either ATS or CTS. In China, it will replace ATS-L in price as a larger vehicle; in the US, it will likely come in under CTS pricing as a slightly smaller vehicle overall while retaining comparable or better space inside.

CT4 will come in about the size of the ATS, apparently with a 2+2 seating arrangement in a more raked, less formal exterior. Probably for about the same $.

Pricing will probably be telegraphed by how CT6 gets priced, if it gets a pricing update as has been rumored.

$50k CT6 (conveniently about where you'd think XT6 would be)
    $42k CT5 (conveniently about the same as XT5)
    $35k CT4 (conveniently about where you'd think XT4 would be)

Pricing on each aligns them with their "competitors" which, as "tweeners," will never be absolute.

CT4 is about entry-class, CLA/A3/1/2; CT5 is about at C/3/A4 tier; CT6 is about at E/5/A6 tier, and yet all three will realistically compete with a significant price advantage vs their more obvious competitors in the segment above where they're priced.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    15 ATS Performance AWD

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    That's a perspective. Another perspective would be, CT5 is to CTS what CT6 is to STS. CT4 is just another ATS without a LWB variant (which gets rolled into CT5).

CT5 will represent different things different places, which is why there is no direct successor to either ATS or CTS. In China, it will replace ATS-L in price as a larger vehicle; in the US, it will likely come in under CTS pricing as a slightly smaller vehicle overall while retaining comparable or better space inside.

CT4 will come in about the size of the ATS, apparently with a 2+2 seating arrangement in a more raked, less formal exterior. Probably for about the same $.

Pricing will probably be telegraphed by how CT6 gets priced, if it gets a pricing update as has been rumored.

$50k CT6 (conveniently about where you'd think XT6 would be)
    $42k CT5 (conveniently about the same as XT5)
    $35k CT4 (conveniently about where you'd think XT4 would be)

Pricing on each aligns them with their "competitors" which, as "tweeners," will never be absolute.

CT4 is about entry-class, CLA/A3/1/2; CT5 is about at C/3/A4 tier; CT6 is about at E/5/A6 tier, and yet all three will realistically compete with a significant price advantage vs their more obvious competitors in the segment above where they're priced.
    That's what I meant to say. Obviously :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,770 Times in 5,645 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dslay04 View Post
    Anybody want to give a try to figure out how large or small this is in comparison to CTS and ATS.

Cadillac Society
    My guess is about 192" or so.

Also, DREAM VERSION:

Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    My guess is about 192" or so.
    So for comparison, 3rd gen CTS was 195.5" so this could be very very close in size. If they get the packaging right people won't notice a difference between the CTS and CT5

ATS is 182.8", so this is much closer to CTS sized. ATS-L is 186.1"

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,560 Times in 3,774 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by dslay04 View Post
    So for comparison, 3rd gen CTS was 195.5" so this could be very very close in size. If they get the packaging right people won't notice a difference between the CTS and CT5

ATS is 182.8", so this is much closer to CTS sized. ATS-L is 186.1"
    I was gonna guess somewhere around G2 CTS sized, maybe an inch shorter.
    Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information