GM Inside News Forum banner

If U missed the first 275 Cadillac CT6-Vs, Be Prepared to pay an extra $4000

5K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  DaBangBang 
#1 ·

Image Edit by MiatsoCi

he 550 hp CT6-V isn't dead yet but will now cost you a lot more than it did before. Cadillac blew through the car's initial 275 pre-orders so quickly that the automaker is planning a "second installment" in order to meet demand. However, order guides reveal the brand is also increasing pricing by $4,000.

When Cadillac began taking orders in January, the car had an MSRP of $88,790 including destination. Effective this month, Cadillac has raised sticker pricing to $92,790, which equates to a $4,000 price increase with no changes in standard equipment.

For most buyers, this likely means Cadillac's Blackwing V8 is moving even further out of reach. As we reported last month, the brand is adding a detuned 500 hp version in the range-topping Platinum grade for the steep price of $96,790.

Whichever flavor of the brand's new V8 you intend to buy, plan on spending over $90k.

With the latest change, the difference in price between the V and Platinum grade V8 has been cut in half from $8,000 to $4,000. At the same time, the brand has widened the gap in price with the $87,990 CTS-V to $4,800 (from a mere $800).

In a communication sent to dealers, the brand says early customers "were rewarded with a special introductory offer by quickly raising their hand." However, some buyers may not appreciate what may be perceived as a $4,000 penalty for being late to the party.
carsdirect.com

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm still getting one... Screw it. I snoozed... well U know the saying. Compared to the Ms and the AMGs still a helluva bargain, and better looking to boot. An M760 costs almost $160K, the 2019 BMW ALPINA B7 xDrive.. $140K.

#3 ·
That's a cool pic of the CT6!

I suspect GM's pricing actions will not be popular on GMI, however, Cadillac is creating desirability which is what we've all wanted them to. Why is GM creating desirability? So that they can raise prices to achieve the big profits the Germans do. So by our wishing for Cadillac to create desirability we are also blessing price increases.

#4 ·
Thanks

. Screw what GMI'ers think of the price.

Cadillac needs to price itself accordingly simple and plain The brand is luxury and in no way should be confused with bargain. It just doesn't make sense and I've been saying it since the ct6 debuted that once it had a V-8 there is absolutely no reason why it should not go price for Price up against the 7 Series Audi A8 or even the S-class.

#9 · (Edited)
Monty Python explains it all:
LOL.. meaning.. that there are a set amount of people who absolutely need to have this car die.. it actually made them feel good inside thinking it was gone. It gave them a bunch of anti-CAddy/GM ammo. I rejoice everytime I see this

THERE'S A "V"ictory IN BETWEEN THOSE WINGS

#11 ·
I would take it as a consolation that they were rewarded for jumping on board before anyone else. I see what your condescending tone is trying to drum up. Go figure.

I'll stay here and praise that gorgeous AWD CT6-V which will have 850nm slapped across the back "in spirit" (since its a V)

and U Eddie... Get back over to the Utility Van tread so U can be among those praising a Ford Transit for getting a new engine and AWD.. Enthusiasts indeed:lmao:

#13 ·
I think so. The 500HP is platinum trim. The 550HP is probably premium lux sport trim. Article said "starting at". I still would rather have a coupe, but the odds are so low I may go with one of these. I also noticed for 2019 on the caddy website, the 2L engine is gone. Only 3.6 and 3.0TT are shown. I've also been watching my local dealer's inventory. They are not selling alot of them with only 2-6 in stock at any one time, but the stock is rotating pretty rapidly. As an example they have two on their site at the moment, with one in transit. They have 150 of XT5's and 34 XTS as a comparison.

#15 ·
That is one gorgeous ride!

Reactions: SavoieRF
#24 ·
Naaah. Historically the performance sedan POWER Hotspot is mid-size with the actual handling champ the small luxo. Plus I gotta remember that the CT5 will probably get the same engine with more power, awd, and be lighter this time

#28 ·
It's incredible that any vehicle with over 500HP is street legal without AWD. Seriously. I predict that the CT6-V is faster (or equal) than my CTS-V in acceleration tests.. despite size, and despite the 90HP deficit. The CTS-V goes to 60 in 3.5 seconds and does a quarter-mile in 11.6 at 126.1 mph. What I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if the CT6-V does it in the same time or shaves about 2/10ths off those times.. maybe more. Combo of AWD and that 10 speed

#33 ·
Yeah.. I was thinkin the same thing. I love Super-Cruise tho.. and wouldn't have an issue with it if it was in a package I bought. I wouldn't go looking for it in this particular Cadillac tho. I think if I replace the Yukon with a NG 'Slade.. definitely want Super-Cruise tho

#42 ·
Crazy right? But as I said before.. U buy what U like.. at the time U want it if U can afford it. Waiting is a recipe for frustration for some.. and they could literally not wake up tomorrow. I mean imagine U have sitting in your bank.. $250K play money.. This isn't your kid's college money.. your portfolio is separate.. U got other in CDs or MM. This is just Play money. But instead of U getting that ride that would have brought smiles to your face.. U let that money sit.. and U get hit by a bus the next week. Now your wife gets it.. kids get it.. and what do they do with it??? LMFAO!!!

#44 ·
Personally I think the v8 is a bit expensive and the twin turbo v6 would be a more prudent choice. The base v6 and turbo four are not a personal choice.

My question when its said the twin turbo 8 275 examples sold out in hours was it to dealers or actual customers?

#45 · (Edited)
According to my dealer it was customer orders. Either way.. Its worth it. Yes the V8 is expensive but relative to what? U can not always expect Cadillac to be in rebooting mode looking to lure in customers with a cheaper price than the Germans. This same car with a blue and white propeller or three pointed star world be $20-30k more. Why? Seriously Why tho? 30 years ago I remember a friend of mine, God Rest his soul, was living that life and bought an Allante because it was "way more expensive than the Sclass (W126) and the girls will be all over us".. His words. Cadillac is done Bull craping around

Reactions: Greg.Botts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.