Here’s What It Costs To Get A 2021 Cadillac CT5 With Super Cruise

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here’s What It Costs To Get A 2021 Cadillac CT5 With Super Cruise

Thanks
    Thanked 10,675 Times in 5,174 Posts
    My Ride
    2020 CT4-V - Black

http://cadillacsociety.com/2020/11/1...-super-cruise/

November 11, 2020
    Jonathan Lopez

The 2021 Cadillac CT5 is one of the latest Caddy models to offer Super Cruise, the luxury brand’s semi-autonomous driving assist feature that allows the driver to remove their hands from the steering wheel during extended highway driving. However, opting into Super Cruise requires certain packages and options, with different requirements specific to each CT5 trim level. Now, we’re taking a look at what it really costs to get Super Cruise with the 2021 CT5.

More at link

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

Robert1969 (11-13-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2020 CT4-V - Black

Re: Here’s What It Costs To Get A 2021 Cadillac CT5 With Super Cruise

No surprise, you aren't getting Super Cruise for cheap.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,580 Times in 4,185 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

That is a nice interior

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Bolt Premier

I was waiting til 2021 to see how much the reconfigurable driver cluster would be as that is really important. It is a pretty reasonable option on a CT4-V but very expensive on a CT5-V.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Like Jerry Seinfeld once said when talking about the look airline flight attendant gives the folks in economy class when closing the curtain to first class:

"Maybe you should have studied harder in school"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 733 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

I’m seeing about $62K for a RWD CT5-V with SC at the website, doesn’t sound too bad.

The CT4-V with SC says “See dealer for pricing” but it shows $3100 on top of a loaded CT4-V to add the SC.

EDIT: The AWD CT5 3.0TT Prem Lux works out to around $58K with the SC:

https://www.cadillac.com/sedans/ct5/...stalCode=15522
    Last edited by dannyg; 11-13-2020 at 09:05 AM.
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride, pre-pandemic: Maybe a 2021 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD
    Next ride, post-pandemic: Keep driving the Sonic!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannyg For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (11-13-2020),Syclone478 (11-14-2020)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2020 CT4-V - Black

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    I’m seeing about $62K for a RWD CT5-V with SC at the website, doesn’t sound too bad.

The CT4-V with SC says “See dealer for pricing” but it shows $3100 on top of a loaded CT4-V to add the SC.

EDIT: The AWD CT5 3.0TT Prem Lux works out to around $58K with the SC:

https://www.cadillac.com/sedans/ct5/...stalCode=15522
    I'd love to have it, but if I was ordering a 2021 CT4-V I think I'd skip it for the price. Were I still on my 90 mile round trip commute from my previous employer then I'd consider it. But my current commute (once Covid is over) doesn't have that much highway driving to make it worth it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

dannyg (11-13-2020)

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 846 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 F150 XLT FX4 Crew Magma

Again, Technology gets lost in a shuffle.

GM's Super Cruise Self-Driving Tech Will Be on 22 Vehicles by 2023
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...-driving-2023/

"As long as you can afford it"

I get Super Cruise, but really how much more does it offer that Lane Keep and Adaptive Cruise and Pre Collision? Becoming Standard on most other brands? By 2023, what will Super Cruise give you that isn't Std. on other less expensive models?

Technology is like that though. By the time New and Improved reaches the Masses, it is already Dated. Automobile Manufactures are use to the 5-6 year Lead Times (All of Them), this approach won't pay off with Tech. Cheaper, Faster Better systems are already on their way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to InCogKneeToe For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (11-13-2020)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by InCogKneeToe View Post
    Technology is like that though. By the time New and Improved reaches the Masses, it is already Dated. Automobile Manufactures are use to the 5-6 year Lead Times (All of Them), this approach won't pay off with Tech. Cheaper, Faster Better systems are already on their way.
    Moore's Law. An engineer from Intel back in about 1974 after they had created the integrated microprocessor chip said that as time goes one technology will advance with speed and capacity exponentially while becoming exponentially cheaper. It's why in 1995 a Pentium I 100MhZ processor computer was $2500 and a computer today is $400 and a thousand times faster.

Moore's law was delayed a bit in the auto industry, but as soon as the very first car rolled off the line with an integrated audio/navigation system with climate control and vehicle operations all combined into one, with multiplexing by software rather than hardware and mechanical/vacuum operated switches, every automobile company in the world should have known Moore's Law was about to take effect in the auto world.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 733 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I'd love to have it, but if I was ordering a 2021 CT4-V I think I'd skip it for the price. Were I still on my 90 mile round trip commute from my previous employer then I'd consider it. But my current commute (once Covid is over) doesn't have that much highway driving to make it worth it.
    Makes sense. In my case SC is a moot point since I won't be able to afford it!

Yesterday I was at my local Chevy/Caddy dealer (inspection/oil for the Sonic) and had a chance to check out the CT4 and CT5 in person. Unfortunately, they didn't have a CT4-V...but I really liked the green Prem Lux they had on the lot with Cinnamon interior, very nice. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with the 2.0T, Caddy says it'll do 0-60 in 6.2sec (versus 6.6sec for the 2.0T CT5). If I had the $$ it would be a CT4-V just for the fun!

I really liked the CT5 but I have no use for the cavernous back seat. There was one in burgundy with tan interior that looked great. But I'd rather have the smaller/lighter/quicker CT4.

Zero interest in XT4/XT5/XT6.
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride, pre-pandemic: Maybe a 2021 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD
    Next ride, post-pandemic: Keep driving the Sonic!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2020 CT4-V - Black

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    Makes sense. In my case SC is a moot point since I won't be able to afford it!

Yesterday I was at my local Chevy/Caddy dealer (inspection/oil for the Sonic) and had a chance to check out the CT4 and CT5 in person. Unfortunately, they didn't have a CT4-V...but I really liked the green Prem Lux they had on the lot with Cinnamon interior, very nice. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with the 2.0T, Caddy says it'll do 0-60 in 6.2sec (versus 6.6sec for the 2.0T CT5). If I had the $$ it would be a CT4-V just for the fun!

I really liked the CT5 but I have no use for the cavernous back seat. There was one in burgundy with tan interior that looked great. But I'd rather have the smaller/lighter/quicker CT4.

Zero interest in XT4/XT5/XT6.
    Same here, the CT5 is bigger than what I need. I almost never have the need to take people in my car unless going out for lunch at work. I like the looks of the CT5 better, but all the "good options" are for all intents bundled together, if you want any of that cool tech you are forced into all the tech at $10k. So they priced the CT5 low and made it easy to get into a low end one, but there really aren't middle of the road equipped CT5's, they go from moderately priced to expensive but nothing in between.

Keep the dream alive for that CT4, it will eventually come.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

dannyg (11-13-2020)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2020 CT4-V - Black

I get Super Cruise, but really how much more does it offer that Lane Keep and Adaptive Cruise and Pre Collision? Becoming Standard on most other brands? By 2023, what will Super Cruise give you that isn't Std. on other less expensive models?

Lane keep isn't really going to keep you in the lane very well. I have the lane keep and adaptive cruise control plus the pre collision, I haven't tried it all out yet on the highway, but I don't think the lane keep is up to the job of keeping you in lane in a hands free way.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

On top of it, isn’t Supercruise a paid subscription service once it “expires”? It would be in Caddy’s best interest to make it standard across the board if they are the luxury line AND other GM models get this slowly going to the rest. Backwards GM.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 846 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 F150 XLT FX4 Crew Magma

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Lane keep isn't really going to keep you in the lane very well. I have the lane keep and adaptive cruise control plus the pre collision, I haven't tried it all out yet on the highway, but I don't think the lane keep is up to the job of keeping you in lane in a hands free way.
    I drove a 2018 Equinox back from our Sister Dealership, about a 120 mile run. I tried the GM Lane Keep Assist out on the way, and I wasn't that impressed, Ford's 360 Assist is much more positive on hills and corners. I also drove a Yukon Denali back and was shocked that Adaptive Cruise Control was not on it.

It is almost as if Safety is secondary. Much like trying to explain why Anti Lock Brakes on a Sunbird were far more important than Air Bags that were std. on a base Century, or a Fire Fly, or a Dodge Charger.

GM's response was, it take an average of 174 years of driving to use an Air Bag, and Anti Locks 2 times/month of average driving. Air Bags raise your chance of Surviving an accident to 49% from 47% for Seat Belts alone.

How many Air Bags are Std. now?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,281 Times in 2,767 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Yup they ain't giving it away. Still a dang nice car though. As always certain or new technology has its price or "admission" shall we say.

23. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information