GMI Spies: 2019 Cadillac CT6 - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GMI Spies: 2019 Cadillac CT6

Thanks
    My Ride
    Cadillac CTS/2012/Black

Re: GMI Spies: 2019 Cadillac CT6

Honda Civic from the rear

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 995 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

Radley Cadillac in Virginia just got its first 2019 CT6 Sport.

God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gkr778 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (02-09-2019),BlackGTP (02-08-2019),Cobaltss_King (02-08-2019),rockyspaw (02-08-2019),Scrambler (02-08-2019),SKH (02-08-2019)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,129 Times in 2,381 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Damn. That front end is absolutely SICK now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (02-08-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

It really looks hot in those pictures.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2001 Trans Am Black

Definitely some nice changes, and that front end really looks stellar now (though I'm still not a big fan of the crest on the fenders). I do hope GM straightens out the story here and keeps producing this car.

Also am I the only one who gets annoyed when a dealer can't at least be bothered to vacuum out a car before posting interior pictures? Brand new and it's got leaves all over the floor.
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am
    2016 Chevy SS Sedan
    2017 Chevy Traverse

Past:
    2016 Chevy Traverse
    2012 Buick Regal GS
    2010 Chevy Traverse
    2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
    2003 Chevy Blazer M5
    1989 Pontiac Firebird

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NHRATA01 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (02-09-2019),gkr778 (02-08-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    Cadillac needs to start making Cadillacs again. A car that says you’ve arrived.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DetroitIron For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (02-09-2019)

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,012 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

The launch of the cT6 was slightly off as it mimicked the turbo4, the hybrid four, the v6, the turbo6 and now the tt v8.

A very handsome original design. The technology with supercruise was class leading.

A slight ever so slight loss of passion in the cadillac product. Could be the escalating mrsp pricing ? I dont know exactly...l

Could be the consumers massive shift to cuv s...but in my opinion fwiw...it was the equal perfomance pretty much dollar for dollar to the europeans...and the cadillacs pricing did jump...

I saw the sweet spot in the second gen cts v pricing. Its performance dominates and pricing compared to the germans was legendary...

Without incentives that legacy of the cadillac V was lost in the third gen cts V ...and almost forgotten in consumers minds ...

As a consumer i dont really care obout expensive engine tech...

Had the third gen cts v sport been a ls3 or lt1 v8 with awd...i would have owned one...

Cadillac missed the whole segment of enthusiasts ...by up pricing and losing sight of awd demand in upper performance models..

The new design of the rear with the chrome? Ill pass but as many consumers...its a cuv world anyway.

Every six months new cadillac products arrive in the showrooms for two years...

Hopefully they will all be winners. Im rooting for the brand as an ex cadillac owner.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JBsZ06 For This Useful Post:

sfbreh (02-09-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
    Also am I the only one who gets annoyed when a dealer can't at least be bothered to vacuum out a car before posting interior pictures? Brand new and it's got leaves all over the floor.
    I think the same thing. I just don't get it. Even if I were selling a car in my back yard.. U best believe that car would be pristine before anyone saw it.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

bmwboy2007 (02-14-2019),CadillacSA (02-10-2019),gkr778 (02-09-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    The launch of the cT6 was slightly off as it mimicked the turbo4, the hybrid four, the v6, the turbo6 and now the tt v8.

A very handsome original design. The technology with supercruise was class leading.

A slight ever so slight loss of passion in the cadillac product. Could be the escalating mrsp pricing ? I dont know exactly...l

Could be the consumers massive shift to cuv s...but in my opinion fwiw...it was the equal perfomance pretty much dollar for dollar to the europeans...and the cadillacs pricing did jump...

I saw the sweet spot in the second gen cts v pricing. Its performance dominates and pricing compared to the germans was legendary...

Without incentives that legacy of the cadillac V was lost in the third gen cts V ...and almost forgotten in consumers minds ...

Had the third gen cts v sport been a ls3 or lt1 v8 with awd...i would have owned one...

Cadillac missed the whole segment of enthusiasts ...by up pricing and losing sight of awd demand in upper performance models..

The new design of the rear with the chrome? Ill pass but as many consumers...its a cuv world anyway.

Hopefully they will all be winners. Im rooting for the brand as an ex cadillac owner.
    The AWD thing I agree with.. I think that the issue with AWD at the time of its intro really boiled down to they wanted a performance AWD system that could handle the 430ft-lbs of torque in the car. The AWD system in the CT6 was not ready yet, and wasn't introduced til 2 years after the CTS debuted.

That being said.. I am lost on a lot of things that they could have done to make the Gen3s more of a sales success. Retrofitting the AWD system from the CT6 in 2016 on the LF3, no coupe, no convertible.. For anyone at Cadillac/GM to criticize the sales of the CTS vs their competitors and not look at the bumbling idiotic move of simply having choices avail the same as those competitors is amazing. My last CTS-V was a Coupe. A 2016 CTS-V Coupe. Well why not? No Coupes??? Does that effect your buying decision? Would it effect anyone else's? Maybe they would forego buying a CTS at all and go buy a competitor. Maybe that explains some sales loss... I dunno.

TO THE PRICING:

Gotta be honest. This is Cadillac. For comparable vehicles, as in a CTS VSport vs any of its competition of equivalent power and amenities.. should be price almost identical. Why should Cadillac, a more storied name than Audi, BMW, or even Benz be the cheaper vehicle? Here's a comparison from Car and Driver where the CTS damn comes in second to a then new to the world E-Class.. but has a price premium almost $16K less . Sorry .. makes no sense

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (02-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,701 Times in 5,617 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Engelman View Post
    The V8 can be ordered on the 2019 Platinum and Premium I have been told. Not sure what you mean by sub par materials. My 2018 CT6 Platinum has a much better interior than the Mercedes I had. The chassis is the best in the industry. The Super Cruise has no rival. The 3.0 TT V6 is plenty powerful, although I am looking forward to the V8. I believe that for all the features on the car for the ws of $94,000 it is hard to beat....AWD, AWS, and the Panaray sound system is fantastic. The seats are very comfortable for the long haul, one feature I love on the 2018 is the Indirect Fire lighting rather than the visible LED bulbs on the 2019.

People criticize the car who have never driven one or spent a day with it. I drive mine every day, I have 15,000 miles on it, and it is fantastic. You really should have spent some time with a CT6 Platinum with the Light Cashmere interior before you bought the Mercedes...
    The brand new CT6 Platinum I was in had a creaking rear suspension. No thanks. The materials are boring, bland, and the actual structure behind it feels cheap.

We aren't going to agree—but XT4 and XT6 have only cemented Cadillac in mediocrity. They don't want it badly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    I think your post contradicts itself.

CT6, as you said, has some great proportions and looks, well, presidential. That in and of itself should give it presence, no? Exterior design is not why the CT6 is not the best in its class. It's a great looking car, at least in my eyes, and oozes style and class. I don't agree with the notion that it does not have style or presence.

Cadillac launched the second generation CTS in 2014, and that car vaulted Detroit to the top of the midsize luxury sedan segment, thanks to its cutting edge interior and the way it drove. While it admittedly lacked the super high end (niche) designs and bespoke nature of, say, Designo or BMW Individual, the base models, which make up the majority of those types of cars sales volumes, were better than the E, 5, and A6. Cadillac can do interiors, and it has done them at a high level as recently as a generation of car ago. Why the new ones aren't as good I can't answer, but Lincoln's new cars like Navigator, Aviator, etc. prove to me that Detroit still understands and is able to design high end interiors that feature world class design and materials.
    No. It has no style, and no presence declaring anything to anyone who doesn't have an eye for things like proportions. All it says is that the designers figured out the same thing, that the proportions were good enough to give it presence—but they're not unique enough to give it a sense of presence.

If you're referring to the G3 CTS, the vault you thought sent Detroit to the top actually sent it face first into the sand pit. It was a dud with an okay everything and a mediocre exterior that was basically the cause of like a year or more of fire sales at Cadillac and another year of sharp sales declines. It now sells solidly in triple digits per month.

If you're referring to the G2 CTS, it was an in-between car for its price and size that had an okay interior and a sharp exterior. It catapulted Cadillac into relevance and comparison, but its followup **** the bed.

The Navigator Black Label is the single nicest and most competitive luxury car to come out of Detroit in the last 20 years I've been in German and American luxury cars, and there's nothing at Cadillac that comes close in any segment.

Definitely some nice changes, and that front end really looks stellar now (though I'm still not a big fan of the crest on the fenders). I do hope GM straightens out the story here and keeps producing this car.
    I actually line the crest, and think it's distinguishing. It's the little thing.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post

What made the G2 CTS-V hot was the wild, atypical design (particularly of the coupe) and the highly competitive pricing per performance dollar in a very attainable price range.

G3 CTS-V toned down the design and totally blew its pricing proposition, while the car that indirectly followed it up in its price range—ATS-V—was everything wrong with a boring sedan AND coupe, a TTV6 vs SC V8, and significantly smaller size, delivering a very different proposition and experience that ALSO blew its price advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    TO THE PRICING:

Gotta be honest. This is Cadillac. For comparable vehicles, as in a CTS VSport vs any of its competition of equivalent power and amenities.. should be price almost identical. Why should Cadillac, a more storied name than Audi, BMW, or even Benz be the cheaper vehicle? Here's a comparison from Car and Driver where the CTS damn comes in second to a then new to the world E-Class.. but has a price premium almost $16K less . Sorry .. makes no sense
    Because it's the inferior vehicle in real and perceived quality. There's a lot of story to the Cadillac name, but the last 30 years of that story have been Cadillac consistently losing to imports from Lexus to Mercedes and now Audi.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sfbreh For This Useful Post:

gkr778 (02-09-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,842 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I have to agree with you. I like the crest on the fender. It's better than the script there I think, after all how long have we been used to seeing a Mercedes Benz with just an emblem on it. Not cleaning the inside of the car for pictures was classless and tacky, this is a CADILLAC dealer for cryin' out loud.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 995 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    Because it's the inferior vehicle in real and perceived quality. There's a lot of story to the Cadillac name, but the last 30 years of that story have been Cadillac consistently losing to imports from Lexus to Mercedes and now Audi.
    Sadly, this is absolutely correct.

GM has been both a blessing and a curse to Cadillac. A blessing because of the company's brilliant engineers who enabled technical achievements for Cadillac such as chassis tuning for the Alpha and Omega platform sedans, SuperCruise, etc. A curse because GM's operations managers took actions over the past 30 years that dramatically weakened the brand's reputation. Upon his hiring in 2014, Johan De Nysschen came up with a meaningful plan to move Cadillac away from the "discount" or "second tier" status that the brand acquired. Yet GM fired him!

Maybe the time has come for Cadillac to separate from General Motors completely?
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

23. The Following User Says Thank You to gkr778 For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (02-11-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

No. That's actually at best half full of $#!+

In PERCEIVED quality, is the only part I may agree with you on. In part, GM is responsible for that, but it also has to do with people like U making unqualified declarations that Cadillac is "inferior." I've qualified my statements pertaining to the upper trims of the CT6 by comparing it to 7series, A8s, XJs, LSs, and even the overrated S-Class.. and I could nit-pick every one of the vehicles and come up with as many issues, or likes, as one could with the Cadillac. But of course the perception issue automatically makes many focus with laser intensity on a particular short-coming with Cadillac, but will ignore an IDENTICAL issue with one of the other makes. Its crap, and anyone coming to me and saying that what I just said isn't true is full of the same. BTW. U can duplicate all of this that I've said with the CTS. I evaluated the M5 and E63AMG before buying my V and outside of the AWD system in the Benz, not once did I find anything in either to merit me allowing those two German rip-off artists to steal my extra $10-15K. In truth, I feel sorry for anyone naive enough to fall victim to that BS, altho superior, marketing. Perhaps the real issue isn't that Cadillac is priced too low, but that the Germans are absolutely priced too high.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

Scrambler (02-09-2019)

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,498 Times in 3,761 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

No. It has no style, and no presence declaring anything to anyone who doesn't have an eye for things like proportions. All it says is that the designers figured out the same thing, that the proportions were good enough to give it presence—but they're not unique enough to give it a sense of presence.
    I don't agree.

From the outside, the CT6 certainly looks the part, and in my view actually looks statelier than its competitors, even ones that cost a lot more, like the A8 and 7. S Class Sedan looks okay, but from an exterior POV, the CT6 can certainly hold its own compared to it.

That's a damn good looking car, that certainly looks expensive, and has plenty of presence.

If you're referring to the G3 CTS, the vault you thought sent Detroit to the top actually sent it face first into the sand pit. It was a dud with an okay everything and a mediocre exterior that was basically the cause of like a year or more of fire sales at Cadillac and another year of sharp sales declines. It now sells solidly in triple digits per month.
    Nope, don't agree.

G3 CTS was a class leading car at the time. Do you remember the competition? The F10 5er? 4G A6? Not exactly elite cars.

CTS had a standout front end, fantastic interior, and solid powertrains. It was Cadillac's best effort to take on the Germans, and they actually succeeded with it. And to say that it had a mediocre exterior, well... let's look at the Earth-shattering designs it competed against, shall we?

From top to bottom we have: a car that hasn't changed its exterior design in 20 years, a German taxicab, and... a Volkswagen. And that's not mentioning the world-class interior the CTS had, especially compared to these three.

CTS more than held its own against these cars, and it really wasn't until the new E and A6 launched that the CTS fell behind the pack. And that's due to Cadillac's refusal to update the car and keep it at the top of the class. Saying it was the automotive equivalent of falling face first into a sand pit is incorrect.

The Navigator Black Label is the single nicest and most competitive luxury car to come out of Detroit in the last 20 years I've been in German and American luxury cars, and there's nothing at Cadillac that comes close in any segment.
    This, we can agree on.

Cadillac better bring it with the NG Escalade.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (02-10-2019),Cobaltss_King (02-10-2019),dannyg (02-10-2019),ksr (02-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,530 Times in 3,811 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    I don't agree.

From the outside, the CT6 certainly looks the part, and in my view actually looks statelier than its competitors, even ones that cost a lot more, like the A8 and 7. S Class Sedan looks okay, but from an exterior POV, the CT6 can certainly hold its own compared to it.

That's a damn good looking car, that certainly looks expensive, and has plenty of presence.

Nope, don't agree.

G3 CTS was a class leading car at the time. Do you remember the competition? The F10 5er? 4G A6? Not exactly elite cars.

CTS had a standout front end, fantastic interior, and solid powertrains. It was Cadillac's best effort to take on the Germans, and they actually succeeded with it. And to say that it had a mediocre exterior, well... let's look at the Earth-shattering designs it competed against, shall we?

From top to bottom we have: a car that hasn't changed its exterior design in 20 years, a German taxicab, and... a Volkswagen. And that's not mentioning the world-class interior the CTS had, especially compared to these three.

CTS more than held its own against these cars, and it really wasn't until the new E and A6 launched that the CTS fell behind the pack. And that's due to Cadillac's refusal to update the car and keep it at the top of the class. Saying it was the automotive equivalent of falling face first into a sand pit is incorrect.

This, we can agree on.

Cadillac better bring it with the NG Escalade.
    The CTS was let down by GM's marketing. If marketed properly it would have sold.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

Envoy4Life (02-10-2019),glssmann1 (02-14-2019)

30. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information