GMI Spies: 2019 Cadillac CT6 - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GMI Spies: 2019 Cadillac CT6

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

Re: GMI Spies: 2019 Cadillac CT6

More likely, they'd never seen one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,627 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    Road presence? I posted that video. Literally at 8:47-9:03 in the video the reviewer goes out of his way to say that the Cadillac was getting an extreme amount of attention. That people were basically gawking at it. Perhaps we are talking about different things. I apologize if we are
    I like the original version and I also like the refresh. The original has plenty of road presence and is definitely a head turner and itís likely the refresh will turn just as many heads. I donít think the front is better or worse just different. The rear of the car Iíll give a slight win to the new version. When CT6 first debuted the trunk and tail lights while handsome, looked a little plain. The revised tail adds just enough pizazz, without looking over styled.

If Cadillac would just massage the interior a little more, then CT6, especially the V-Series would arguably be the best bang for the buck amongst the full size luxury sedans.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

DaBangBang (02-07-2019),Murrow (02-07-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

A Platinum CT6 with the 500HP V8 and standard Supercruise, is going to be quite formidable.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Engelman's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10ZR1/'13 XTS/'15 Escalade/

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    I've seen them for months. New car looks better, too bad its future is up in the air and quality and materials are subpar with no V8 availability.
    The V8 can be ordered on the 2019 Platinum and Premium I have been told. Not sure what you mean by sub par materials. My 2018 CT6 Platinum has a much better interior than the Mercedes I had. The chassis is the best in the industry. The Super Cruise has no rival. The 3.0 TT V6 is plenty powerful, although I am looking forward to the V8. I believe that for all the features on the car for the ws of $94,000 it is hard to beat....AWD, AWS, and the Panaray sound system is fantastic. The seats are very comfortable for the long haul, one feature I love on the 2018 is the Indirect Fire lighting rather than the visible LED bulbs on the 2019.

People criticize the car who have never driven one or spent a day with it. I drive mine every day, I have 15,000 miles on it, and it is fantastic. You really should have spent some time with a CT6 Platinum with the Light Cashmere interior before you bought the Mercedes...
    Jake

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Engelman For This Useful Post:

DaBangBang (02-07-2019),glssmann1 (02-09-2019),impala02 (02-07-2019),JBsZ06 (02-09-2019),megeebee (02-08-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (02-11-2019),SKH (02-07-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

Quote Originally Posted by Engelman View Post
    People criticize the car who have never driven one or spent a day with it. I drive mine every day, I have 15,000 miles on it, and it is fantastic. You really should have spent some time with a CT6 Platinum with the Light Cashmere interior before you bought the Mercedes...
    I believe sales would have been much higher (and reviews better) if they'd offered that color in all trims--and dealers actually stocked them--but then I hate black inside cars (I've had 3 black exteriors). I had to buy a (used) Platinum DTS to get anything close to an interior color scheme I'd have paid money for.

The first CT6s I saw on the dealer's lot and on the road I briefly mistook for the CTS before I realized they were too big.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ral1960 For This Useful Post:

SKH (02-07-2019)

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,131 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Engelman View Post
    The V8 can be ordered on the 2019 Platinum and Premium I have been told. Not sure what you mean by sub par materials. My 2018 CT6 Platinum has a much better interior than the Mercedes I had. The chassis is the best in the industry. The Super Cruise has no rival. The 3.0 TT V6 is plenty powerful, although I am looking forward to the V8. I believe that for all the features on the car for the ws of $94,000 it is hard to beat....AWD, AWS, and the Panaray sound system is fantastic. The seats are very comfortable for the long haul, one feature I love on the 2018 is the Indirect Fire lighting rather than the visible LED bulbs on the 2019.

"Sub par materials" is the standard talking point. It's a totally inaccurate description of the CT6, which I've had some recent opportunities to see up close.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ksr For This Useful Post:

megeebee (02-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,057 Times in 3,642 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post
    "Sub par materials" is the standard talking point. It's a totally inaccurate description of the CT6, which I've had some recent opportunities to see up close.
    I think it is more the design vs. the actual materials, especially when you sit in the CT6 with the power off so all the screens are black, with the screens off it looks pretty basic vs. the German competition. Yes, there are a few hard plastic pieces if you go looking for them, but otherwise they are nice materials.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 568 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

So happy they didn't cancel the CT6

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kool1 For This Useful Post:

CadillacSA (02-07-2019),impala02 (02-07-2019),johnstarnes (02-07-2019),sledgehammer777 (02-07-2019),wallus13 (02-07-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    I believe sales would have been much higher (and reviews better) if they'd offered that color in all trims--and dealers actually stocked them--but then I hate black inside cars (I've had 3 black exteriors). I had to buy a (used) Platinum DTS to get anything close to an interior color scheme I'd have paid money for.

The first CT6s I saw on the dealer's lot and on the road I briefly mistook for the CTS before I realized they were too big.
    OK.. I get this. I own a CTS-V and did the same. But then the size set in and I knew the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I think it is more the design vs. the actual materials, especially when you sit in the CT6 with the power off so all the screens are black, with the screens off it looks pretty basic vs. the German competition. Yes, there are a few hard plastic pieces if you go looking for them, but otherwise they are nice materials.

This is from a QUICK review I did a few months back of the CT6 on a another forum:

This morning I took my 2016 CTS-V to the dealership for a simple Recall procedure. No parts were exchanged, just a reprogram I’m told. The recall was for the steering module. All in all I dropped it off at 9am and they called me at 12p to let me know that it was complete. Of course I wasn’t able, nor willing to go back there to pick up my beautiful Rose. I had meeting all day, not to mention they loaned me a pristine, well equipped Black Raven 2018 CT6 Premium Luxury with Super-Cruise and a 3.6L V6.
    Getting into the

The Drive:

I have driven the CT6 before, but not once had I ever driven a 3.6L for anything other than a quick test drive. The engine I’m most familiar with is the 3.0lTT, which was not on the menu today. I do have to say that if I were in charge of Cadillac’s engine choices, the 3.6L would not be in any of their cars. the CT6 with the engine was fine in terms of performance, but it felt no more special in engine delivery than my Impala. This is the issue that GM needs to work out. Ironically it has engines in service to do this.. and has had them for several years. 3.6L is that I have changed the exhaust.. and it feels as smooth and powerful. It feels right for a Chevy or Buick. The 3.6L in the Camaro is a nice and powerful tool.. but in the Cadillacs I've driven that also have a forced induction option.. going to them with a 3.6L just didn't feel as special.. and by special I mean luxo. Put it to U like this. I've driven the XT5 with the 3.6L and it was very nice.. Nicer IMO than the 3.5L in the RX, MDX, and almost as nice as the 3.0L in the X5, but the 3.0L TT in the BMW felt smoother. Probably the torque. I'm sure it was the torque. BUT ALAS.. that's the thing. Cadillac has a 3.0L TT too.. and its more powerful and more torquey. They could detune for competitive variations. 350HP to 404HP I believe that Cadillac should only have forced induction offering. What that means is that in a CT6, a car coming in with a 122.4 inch Wheelbase, 204 inches long and curb weight varying from 3700-4400lbs, a 3.0LTTV6 (404HP) would be the base, and the upcoming two iterations of the 4.2L TTV8 would be its mid (500HP) and top (550HP) engine choices. All that being said.. the 3.6L actually moves this vehicle around quite well with a mere 335HP. I mean really well. That’s coming from a guy who dropped off a 650HP mid-sizer before hopping in this humongous automobile. And speaking of which. Driving the CT6 even with just 335HP, and all that length, I never felt as though I were driving a big car. Take a drive in an LS460, S-Class, 7series, or fat ass Audi A8.. U actually feel like U are driving a big car. Not the case with the CT6. I almost felt like I was still maneuvering my CTS, a car that is almost 8 inches shorter.

INTERIOR:

I had literally no complaints in terms of the interior. The door panels were covered in a soft leather-ish material. I didn't like the mouse pad, and am glad that it is no longer available in the new the 2019s, replaced with a rotary knob. The seats were comfortable, and not as snug as the config. I have set for my Recaros. The dark wood was nicely done, and when I picked up my youngest daughter, she unceremoniously needed to sit in the back seat instead of the front. She noted "Too bad these seats don't recline.. I could get real comfy back here Daddio." I laughed, telling her that if I bought one the rear seats would probably do just that, but I'd never use them. The leather was high grade and very nicely done. No skimping.. and I loved the two way console, with the car having plenty of connectivity. Oh.. and not one issue with CUE. I guess its more to do with the fact that I've been using it for 3 years. Although even then I really didn't have any issues navigating thru it while driving. I guess because I have a smart phone, as 95% of the population does now, and using a touch system is the norm.

I have said it on more than one occasion.. all of the complaints some people have with interiors and refinement in Cadillacs always.. and I mean always (with exception to the instrument cluster in the ATS-V) seems to die when U experience it in a V. Even the Platinum. The walk from even an XT5 to an XT5 Platinum makes one say.. why is Cadillac not using this platinum interior (or V) in all their cars/suvs above a Luxury model. In fact, kill the Standard and luxury models and start with Premium Lux, Platinum, and V

Super-Cruise:

Wow. Check out my video. This is something else. I will say that GM lawyers were definitely consulted on this, but even with their certain input, the tech really works.

Last edited by DaBangBang; 02-07-2019 at 08:04 AM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (02-07-2019),Evo69 (02-07-2019),ksr (02-07-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (02-11-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post

The only way a black interior would look good to me, is if the wood or carbon fiber is a nice contrast and relief from the oppressive and bland blackness. Add gray or white piping to the seats and then it's acceptable. Give me Auburn w/Black accents or the Kona interior any day. Cadillac definitely need to step up their game and offer a lot more color/wood/aluminum/carbon fiber choices for their interiors.
    Last edited by SKH; 02-07-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

I agree a dark interior should have lighter wood and vice versa.

The exterior definitely looks better in dark colors. I'm convinced the CT6 would look sleeker and less frumpy without the 3rd side window, and I can't believe that tiny window of any use. I wish someone would photoshop that.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 StormHunter77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    To me what kills it is the rear end chrome strip and those smaller red lamps below it at the outer edges.
    Totally agree - I liked it better without the chrome. No need to bling it up. I do like the aggressive new front end, but I liked the old one too.

Thanks

The CT6 has the sriking proportions and engineering, but still has no style or presence. World-class design is really difficult and the hardest to pull off, you have to have the right thinkers and expertise to pull it off and Detroit just doesn't and hasn't for 50+ years. Style and influence is cultural, you either have it or you don't and it's really hard to copy or invent. I give kudos to Lincoln for style points, the only Detroit luxury brand that seems to have a standout vision on luxury design, at least on the inside.
    Last edited by BORG; 02-07-2019 at 11:44 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BORG For This Useful Post:

sfbreh (02-09-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BORG View Post
    The CT6 has the sriking proportions and engineering, but still has no style or presence. World-class design is really difficult and the hardest to pull off, you have to have the right thinkers and expertise to pull it off and Detroit just doesn't and hasn't for 50+ years. Style and influence is cultural, you either have it or you don't and it's really hard to copy or invent. I give kudos to Lincoln for style points, the only Detroit luxury brand that seems to have a standout vision on luxury design, at least on the inside.
    "Presence" is subjective. I, for one, find it to have great presence. I park next to a red one every day and it is freaking awesome.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to criticalmass For This Useful Post:

CadillacSA (02-07-2019),ksr (02-07-2019),SKH (02-07-2019),wallus13 (02-07-2019)

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,444 Times in 3,743 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by BORG View Post
    I think your post contradicts itself.

CT6, as you said, has some great proportions and looks, well, presidential. That in and of itself should give it presence, no? Exterior design is not why the CT6 is not the best in its class. It's a great looking car, at least in my eyes, and oozes style and class. I don't agree with the notion that it does not have style or presence.

Cadillac launched the second generation CTS in 2014, and that car vaulted Detroit to the top of the midsize luxury sedan segment, thanks to its cutting edge interior and the way it drove. While it admittedly lacked the super high end (niche) designs and bespoke nature of, say, Designo or BMW Individual, the base models, which make up the majority of those types of cars sales volumes, were better than the E, 5, and A6. Cadillac can do interiors, and it has done them at a high level as recently as a generation of car ago. Why the new ones aren't as good I can't answer, but Lincoln's new cars like Navigator, Aviator, etc. prove to me that Detroit still understands and is able to design high end interiors that feature world class design and materials.
    Last edited by Envoy4Life; 02-07-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

26. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information