First Drive Review: 2019 Cadillac CT6 - Page 4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First Drive Review: 2019 Cadillac CT6

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Re: First Drive Review: 2019 Cadillac CT6

Quote Originally Posted by PastorChevyGuy View Post
    Adding two other cars would be better than just having the one currently with the current sales.
    No it wouldn't. The additional costs to design, market, and produce those cars would be more than the additional revenue. Large cars are not selling.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

Vagon11 (07-10-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
    No it wouldn't. The additional costs to design, market, and produce those cars would be more than the additional revenue. Large cars are not selling.
    I can guarantee you that Chevrolet could move Omega in numbers just as great as Charger/300 if the Impala name was on it. Impala can move units on name alone.

Then again, scratch that. GM would charge $60,000.00 for it and wonder why it's indeed NOT selling.
    RedSkyBlackDream

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post
    I can guarantee you that Chevrolet could move Omega in numbers just as great as Charger/300 if the Impala name was on it. Impala can move units on name alone.

Then again, scratch that. GM would charge $60,000.00 for it and wonder why it's indeed NOT selling.
    You think they can sell an Omega chassis car at Impala pricing? Especially with added development costs? The Charger/300 are like the old W chassis GM cars now. All the development costs are done and recovered. The chassis is ancient. They can blow them out relatively cheaply.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

megeebee (07-11-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    More likely another CUV
    Gawd I hope not. Sedans may be down, but they are not out. Just look around at the other luxury makes, they all seem to be holding on to them and not ditching them like GM.
    Or Ford. Cars wise.. At this point Ford will only have the Mustang, Continental, and MKZ. GM will have Malibu, Sonic, Spark, Camaro, Vette, Regal, TourX, CT4, CT5, and CT6. Really wish they would reconsider the Impala and LaX.. Not to mention turn the Sonic into a true Cruze sized replacement perhaps moving the Spark up to the size of the Sonic.
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post

I totally understand that the sedan market is much smaller but you have to be there. Biggest shock to me is still that GM has no compact sedan to compete with Civic/Corolla etc. It's killing me that my daughter is shopping for a Elantra instead of a Cruze. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG]
    Makes no sense unless she just wants an Elantra.. cheaply made as it is... Why? Because I know for a fact that she can find a new Cruze still on the lot in every color under the rainbow. Seriously always bewilders me when a car is discontinued and people say they have to go to a competitor when said car is still sitting on the lot available I mean I can still get a LaX.. New.. Hell I might even be able to find a new Chevy SS somewhere lol
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post

You think they can sell an Omega chassis car at Impala pricing? Especially with added development costs? The Charger/300 are like the old W chassis GM cars now. All the development costs are done and recovered. The chassis is ancient. They can blow them out relatively cheaply.
    Yes.. They can. Due to the actual Global numbers of the CT6 I bet good money the platform is paid for.. Also... They could always use the platform in a slightly less complicated config for Chevy and amortize even further those costs. Hell of a lot more than just killing it altogether. An Omega based Impala full range in the same engine config as the current Camaro would be killer.. Put GM MAINSTREAM performance back on the map

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Or Ford. Cars wise.. At this point Ford will only have the Mustang, Continental, and MKZ. GM will have Malibu, Sonic, Spark, Camaro, Vette, Regal, TourX, CT4, CT5, and CT6. Really wish they would reconsider the Impala and LaX.. Not to mention turn the Sonic into a true Cruze sized replacement perhaps moving the Spark up to the size of the Sonic.
    If they did that, then just cancel the Spark. No sense in cancelling the Cruze and moving everything else up a class.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Makes no sense unless she just wants an Elantra.. cheaply made as it is... Why? Because I know for a fact that she can find a new Cruze still on the lot in every color under the rainbow. Seriously always bewilders me when a car is discontinued and people say they have to go to a competitor when said car is still sitting on the lot available I mean I can still get a LaX.. New.. Hell I might even be able to find a new Chevy SS somewhere lol
    Elantras aren't cheaply made, I leased a 2017 that I turned in a month ago to purchase a Sonata. Hyundai has come a long way from the econoboxes they made in the 90s. I test drove a Cruze side-by-side with the Elantra and the Elantra impressed me more. I may be a GM guy at heart, but Hyundai has won me over.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD Vette/16/blk

Yes.. They can. Due to the actual Global numbers of the CT6 I bet good money the platform is paid for.. Also... They could always use the platform in a slightly less complicated config for Chevy and amortize even further those costs. Hell of a lot more than just killing it altogether. An Omega based Impala full range in the same engine config as the current Camaro would be killer.. Put GM MAINSTREAM performance back on the map
    I am not talking about development costs. I suspect Omega is expensive to produce with the mixed material welding etc. Omega was for caddy, so production cost was not as much of a factor as say the platform shared by XTS/LaX/Impala. And it shows, you can get a caddy XTS for much less than a CT-6 and was always the case. Worse, both LaX and Impala numbers were falling anyway. I don't like the fact that CUV's are all that is selling, but it IS a fact that shareholders do worry about. I'll be delighted if GM manages to hold onto just a few sedans like the CT6/5/4. I will not be surprised if they get down to 1 or 2 if current trends continue.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,230 Times in 1,931 Posts

I can guarantee you that Chevrolet could move Omega in numbers just as great......
    Ya know, I bet someone at GM thought that about the Alpha platform and the Camaro. I'm sure they thought the Camaro would sell in large numbers to balance the lower volume Cadillacs.
    Last edited by megeebee; 07-14-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

Spotted a leftover 400hp 3.0TT 2018 CT6 with SuperCruise asking $63K. If I had the $$$...

(I don’t know the dealer, saw online.)

https://www.billdodgecadillac.com/Ve...-ME/3236947223
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride: Maybe a 2020 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD

16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information