First Drive Review: 2019 Cadillac CT6 - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Drive Review: 2019 Cadillac CT6

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 3,808 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Re: First Drive Review: 2019 Cadillac CT6

though if they do discontinue it, I assume it will be replaced with an electric vehicle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

Caddy sales up +70% in China YTD in overall down market. Yowza! Not many details so far:

http://cadillacsociety.com/2019/07/0...mbers-2019-q2/

That said, Caddy do NOT import your premier sedan from there to the US market. Just don’t.
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride: Maybe a 2020 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dannyg For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-09-2019),BlackGTP (07-09-2019),CMiatso DaBang (07-09-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by DequindreToo View Post
    Do we have confirmation on when the CT6 will actually cease production?
    http://cadillacsociety.com/2019/07/0...20-model-year/

Cadillac previously announced that the CT6 range would be discontinued in North America, but this will not longer take place, as new Cadillac President, Steve Carlisle, along with his boss – GM President Mark Reuss – both announced that the large sedan will remain available, despite plans to shutter the Detroit-Hamtramck plant where the vehicle is currently made. According to Cadillac Society sources, the automaker is currently weighing options of moving production to another North American plant or importing the CT6 from China.
    I did wonder if this was an old article from the "CT6 is discontinued" timeframe, but it is two days old. Therefore I assume this is current information.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    Caddy sales up +70% in China YTD in overall down market. Yowza! Not many details so far:

http://cadillacsociety.com/2019/07/0...mbers-2019-q2/

That said, Caddy do NOT import your premier sedan from there to the US market. Just don’t.
    Wow - annualized that is 266k vehicles! Annualizing USA results is another 150k vehicles - combined that's 416,000, throw in the rest of the worldwide sales (I know - pretty small outside of USA/China)and they are approaching 500,000. Not the way we all wanted Cadillac to approach the 500k goal, via strong Chinese sales, but the more sales Cadillac has, the more resources GM will throw at them - no matter where the market is.

And agreed, if the CT6 is imported from China I think it will destine the CT6 to death. But hopefully all the tariff talk, etc. will be enough to scare off GM from seriously considering China.

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,193 Posts

How can anyone look at that car and not be impressed? They have to stick with this. The car market isn't going to completely evaporate.

This car is at the very least as good as its competition, and it in terms of appearance and road presence I think it blows them away. This car has the aura of something that costs $50K more than it does.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksr For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-09-2019),BlackGTP (07-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 606 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by neshapop View Post
    It seems that GM is relentlessly pursuing to ditch all sedans in its lineups.
    I totally understand that the sedan market is much smaller but you have to be there. Biggest shock to me is still that GM has no compact sedan to compete with Civic/Corolla etc. It's killing me that my daughter is shopping for a Elantra instead of a Cruze.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 606 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    though if they do discontinue it, I assume it will be replaced with an electric vehicle.
    More likely another CUV

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,193 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    I totally understand that the sedan market is much smaller but you have to be there. Biggest shock to me is still that GM has no compact sedan to compete with Civic/Corolla etc. It's killing me that my daughter is shopping for a Elantra instead of a Cruze.
    It is a mistake. Cars aren't going away completely. There's always going to be some market for every segment. With lower overall sales, it makes it imperative that you really put out great cars in the segments that you compete in.

I think the last Cruze was a very good car. And one that had the basis to be as good as anything in its class if they just put in a little more effort and added more trim levels.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 StormHunter77's Avatar
    Thanks

There was a 2020 CT6 next to us at a light last night and it look very classy, very good. It'll get front parking by valets for sure.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

The CT6 is a beautiful car in person. Its got a very good look to it. I think the current CT6 is going a way but a new one may be coming. GM is consolidating its platforms and Omega is not in that list. So it makes since but moving production could mean the new platform will spawn a New CT6 or its replacement.

Local dealer somehow had a CT5 on the road. Maybe preproduction and that car is sharp.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by pontiacgt02 View Post
    The CT6 is a beautiful car in person. Its got a very good look to it. I think the current CT6 is going a way but a new one may be coming. GM is consolidating its platforms and Omega is not in that list. So it makes since but moving production could mean the new platform will spawn a New CT6 or its replacement.

Local dealer somehow had a CT5 on the road. Maybe preproduction and that car is sharp.
    I'm thinking the next gen CT6 will be electric. Possible the CT6 will disappear for a year or two (though I hope not) in between the transition.

I think the CT6/Cadillac flagship is the perfect vehicle for GM to launch their next gen electrics.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Cadillac Escalade

I've been seeing more CT6's these days (NYC suburbs) than Tesla's of late. It an extremely beautiful car inside and out. This vehicle, in my mind, was the first iteration of building an excellent vehicle that nips at the heels of S-class and 7-series vehicles but at Infiniti and/or Acura/Lexus prices.

All of that being said, that was then--this is now. The release of JdN to me and others was a clear indication of a shift in strategy at GM--the likes of which have yet to be fully played out--mainly, in my opinion because they do not really know what that strategy other than "not what they did".

Omega platform is in the right direction for me (regardless of propulsion), but, the current CT4/5 etc. to me seem to much like lowered CUVs than anything else. So, I think part of the direction change for GM was to create sedans lowered CUVs instead of CUVs as lifted hatchbacks...

In addition, I still believe the strategy change has in its plans an objective where GM and others think that most consumers post-X-gen'ers will only afford one vehicle but need two and that second one will be a shared platform a 'la Uber and others. So, getting CUV's right with maximum passenger seating and comfort regardless of styling is the end point. Getting there will be years of moaning and groaning of its current X-gen and Baby Boomer consumers but the future doesn't lie there...

So, GM and others have bought into this (forget electric and/or autonomous) shareable essential Taxi service as a second car. The reason why they've bought this is because they can up the price of the so-called "first car" to a level that forces consumers to only use shareable platform for the second car--leaving the likes of GM making enormous margin on the first car while at the same time have total control over the shareable platform consumer.
    2018 Chevy Tahoe
    2017 Chevy Suburban
    2003 Cadillac Escalade -- 200K miles and still rollin' (current ride)
    Past Rides:
    2014 Buick Verano (Lease)
    2011 Cadillac CTS 3.0 (Lease)
    1998 Camaro Z28 -- RIP 1/2016

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by GMOwner View Post
    I've been seeing more CT6's these days (NYC suburbs) than Tesla's of late. It an extremely beautiful car inside and out. This vehicle, in my mind, was the first iteration of building an excellent vehicle that nips at the heels of S-class and 7-series vehicles but at Infiniti and/or Acura/Lexus prices.

All of that being said, that was then--this is now. The release of JdN to me and others was a clear indication of a shift in strategy at GM--the likes of which have yet to be fully played out--mainly, in my opinion because they do not really know what that strategy other than "not what they did".

Omega platform is in the right direction for me (regardless of propulsion), but, the current CT4/5 etc. to me seem to much like lowered CUVs than anything else. So, I think part of the direction change for GM was to create sedans lowered CUVs instead of CUVs as lifted hatchbacks...

In addition, I still believe the strategy change has in its plans an objective where GM and others think that most consumers post-X-gen'ers will only afford one vehicle but need two and that second one will be a shared platform a 'la Uber and others. So, getting CUV's right with maximum passenger seating and comfort regardless of styling is the end point. Getting there will be years of moaning and groaning of its current X-gen and Baby Boomer consumers but the future doesn't lie there...

So, GM and others have bought into this (forget electric and/or autonomous) shareable essential Taxi service as a second car. The reason why they've bought this is because they can up the price of the so-called "first car" to a level that forces consumers to only use shareable platform for the second car--leaving the likes of GM making enormous margin on the first car while at the same time have total control over the shareable platform consumer.
    What about the CT5 and CT4 are "lowered CUV's"? I'm don't see what you are, especially being on the alpha chassis... I suspect the CT4 will sit as low to the ground as my ATS, the same car my wife feels vulnerable in because it is so low to the ground and small.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Wow - annualized that is 266k vehicles! Annualizing USA results is another 150k vehicles - combined that's 416,000, throw in the rest of the worldwide sales (I know - pretty small outside of USA/China)and they are approaching 500,000. Not the way we all wanted Cadillac to approach the 500k goal, via strong Chinese sales, but the more sales Cadillac has, the more resources GM will throw at them - no matter where the market is.

And agreed, if the CT6 is imported from China I think it will destine the CT6 to death. But hopefully all the tariff talk, etc. will be enough to scare off GM from seriously considering China.
    This what Johan said.. and it looks to exceed the number he set (500K by 2020) . Last year they did very well too. The addition of the XT6 and XT4 are a real plus.. the CT6's numbers are pleasing.. add in the new CT4 and 5.. and U have a party on your hands
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (07-09-2019)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD Vette/16/blk

Not sure why, but my local dealer is running TV ads showing the new CT-6 front end. I don't recall them ever running ads before showing CT-6. Be interesting to see how it plays out. I think the new front end is much better looking, and apparently so does my dealer.

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast