CT6 3.0tt review - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CT6 3.0tt review

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,834 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Re: CT6 3.0tt review

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    Someone at the Rec Cen has a spreadsheet with a pie chart showing results from a focus group of know nothing shoppers. It's sad, but true, this is how GM makes their decisions.
    So... Tell me how it is on this ever censoring site that you get away with using a foul and derogatory word for the female anatomy like that in a post?
    Last edited by NoStopN; 06-16-2019 at 05:31 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (06-15-2019),megeebee (06-15-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    So... Tell me how it is on this ever censoring site that you get away with using a foul and derogatory word for the female anatomy like that in a post?
    I am not in charge of the autocensor, and bypassing it using asterisks and characters is against the rules and punishable by infractions. You are supposed to type whatever and let the autocensor do it's job. I would suggest placing a note in the suggestion box about adding it to the censor list.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    I still find it interesting that all the so and so's continually harp on this. To me it is an area that takes some of the most abuse and so why not something there that will hold up and be easier to clean.
    I would say the CT6 lower plastic on the door bins/pockets has a nicer appearance than on the Discovery. As you said though, this is an area that gets routinely kicked, so being harder might make it more durable.

What’s frustrating is that with the CT6 MCE it is so close to being 100% competitive with the heavy hitters, that it makes you wonder what is stopping Cadillac from redoing certain parts of the interior. It certainly doesn’t need a complete interior overhaul as some have suggested.
    That price difference for starters. A base S450 starts where an almost loaded TT3. 0L Platinum begins. It's simple business that says that three is no way Cadillac can do all the things the Sclass can do and charge less of a price for it. It's not even fair or realistic to ask them to.

I would say if the public is willing to pay for it they should offer it. By that.. Bring back check the box options, like a fully leatherized interior in your choice of 16 colors. Call it the Opulent Package and charge an additional $5995.
    Last edited by CMiatso DaBang; 06-16-2019 at 09:21 AM.
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

samesun (06-16-2019),SKH (06-16-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member NoStopN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 1,416 Posts
    My Ride
    '19 Ram 1500, '69 GMC 2500

He didn't.
    Hidden Content

I love you, Dad. 8/25/57-3/28/11

Hidden Content

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NoStopN For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-16-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,489 Times in 3,801 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

I'm seeing more of the redesign on the road vs. the original CT6 - beautiful car!

I will say, to my eyes this new version of Cadillac styling does not photograph well, but in real life it is a looker!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-16-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I'm seeing more of the redesign on the road vs. the original CT6 - beautiful car!
    ... in real life it is a looker!
    Agreed. I am seeing more and more on the road with the new styling. Truly a stunner. I swung past my Caddy dealer the other nite on the way home from work and the V8s will not be in showrooms apparently til middle to late July, early Aug.
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-17-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Agreed. I am seeing more and more on the road with the new styling. Truly a stunner. I swung past my Caddy dealer the other nite on the way home from work and the V8s will not be in showrooms apparently til middle to late July, early Aug.
    I wonder if the V Series will be available(again)at the same time? They said the 275 was not all that
    Would be made in 2019, and Cadillac’s site iirc says something about this in the Build Price section.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (06-16-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

That price difference for starters. A base S450 starts where an almost loaded TT3. 0L Platinum begins. It's simple business that says that three is no way Cadillac can do all the things the Sclass can do and charge less of a price for it. It's not even fair or realistic to ask them to.

I would say if the public is willing to pay for it they should offer it. By that.. Bring back check the box options, like a fully leatherized interior in your choice of 16 colors. Call it the Opulent Package and charge an additional $5995.
    I pretty much knew that is the reason, and keeping price down on the Discovery is likely why it has hard plastic in certain prices. If Car manufacturers changed everything that people thought was too cheap the car would go into the next price segment.

I do think though that as the CT6 is so keenly priced, that they could add a $1000 to the base of all models to make the interior even better (it’s pretty nice already)but it might be too late to do it for this generation of CT6. Hopefully there will be a replacement similar to how ATS Morphed into the CT4. That for for sure kept CT4 developments costs to a minimum.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 598 Posts

It does compete well against vehicle like Lexus LS, Lincoln Continental and maybe even lower version of BMW series 7
    Not a bad company...some reviewers did put this CT6 to go more against Mercedes E class and BMW 5 series.
    I don't know...that interior doesn't maybe look luxurious as in other cars so i can see people comparing this to "lower" class.
    It's like if GM just put maybe a little more effort in interior...but that would probably rise the price...and then it is the question if people would pay for more expensive Cadillac.
    Last edited by asrapid1; 06-16-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    I pretty much knew that is the reason, and keeping price down on the Discovery is likely why it has hard plastic in certain prices. If Car manufacturers changed everything that people thought was too cheap the car would go into the next price segment.

I do think though that as the CT6 is so keenly priced, that they could add a $1000 to the base of all models to make the interior even better (it’s pretty nice already)but it might be too late to do it for this generation of CT6. Hopefully there will be a replacement similar to how ATS Morphed into the CT4. That for for sure kept CT4 developments costs to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by asrapid1 View Post
    Not a bad company...some reviewers did put this CT6 to go more against Mercedes E class and BMW 5 series.
    I don't know...that interior doesn't maybe look luxurious as in other cars so i can see people comparing this to "lower" class.
    It's like if GM just put maybe a little more effort in interior...but that would probably rise the price...and then it is the question if people would pay for more expensive Cadillac.
    I mean I guess U have to look at it from a perspective of a few factors. If Cadillac was still selling on the same field, same segment, that it was 30 years ago.. YES.. it could come out and price it perfectly equal with the Germans.. The thing again is RE-ESTABLISHING yourself in a new segment requires U some pricing compromise thrown in without loosing money on the sale or the intended profit threshold. In other words in 1989 when U had a Fleetwood Brough running the streets.. luxury was defined differently.. Run up 10-15 years later.. no way anyone viewed luxury in the same terms.. luxury meant HANDLING more than old world CUSHY. Simple as that. Cadillac has had to play catch-up.. not necessarily in tech, power, or amenities.. but perceptions. And those perceptions very seldom have had anything to do with whether it was luxury.. that's never been questioned. Its seemingly more:

"Is it still old man's luxury?" Hurdle ONE.
    "Are they reliable after 4-6-8?" Hurdle TWO
    "Are they techno advanced as the Germans?" Hurdle THREE
    "Its American." Hurdle FOUR.

Part of the reason why I wonder if its a huge mistake for Lincoln to push an Aviator all the way up to $80K. We'll see. If its successful though.. one may have to wonder if Cadillac didn't pave the way for American luxury to be great again thru two decades of an uphill battle.

Can U sell a CT6 price for price against a 7Series or S-Class? No. The perception lags for the reasons I named above. Someone coming in and saying that a CT6 isn't technologically on the same level as an S or 7 is ridiculous. To say that those two have a few more amenities than the CT6 is truth though.. but with a price difference of $8-10K.. why wouldn't it. The Corvette vs 911 deals with a similar issue. The Corvette is as fast.. is as technologically advanced.. and now with the upcoming C8.. perhaps more so. But can it sell at the same price as a 911? No. People simply perceive anything Euro to better than American in terms of automobiles and luxury at the moment. I mean really.. and I say this for real.. when we have these conversation about luxury.. U know who almost never gets mentioned...? Jag. They are very often absent from these conversations. The XJ starts at $75K. WHY!!??? Because they are European! There is nothing really great about the XJ. The interiors are decent.. but nothing to write home about. The CT6 without question in my mind surpasses it... Yet.. even I will admit that the XJ is going to get a STARTING $75K over the Caddy from your average buyer due to perception or European being greater than American in terms of luxury.

I say all that to say that GM has a price point where the car has to make money. U want leather lower door molding? Cadillac will have to raise that price. Again.. a Package sold as an upgrade on higher models should be implemented. $6K option.. customer pays for it and GM still makes $4K extra on it.. Give the magazines THAT model to test.. Caddy's rep soars

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-16-2019),BlackGTP (06-17-2019),Scrambler (06-16-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

^^^ Compared to where they were in the 80's and 90's they've made great progress I think. Time will tell-if the public but wakes up and gives them the chance to redeem themselves by buying the current product.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,496 Times in 3,153 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse
    There is a person with high standards

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 556 Posts
    My Ride
    '18 Dodge Charger SXT Blacktop

I've driven several of the 2019 CT6's and I think they are fantastic cars. Yes there are areas in the vehicles I would work on but overall I think it's a great looking car outside and it drives fantastic.

I'm upset the got rid of the Cinnamon interior color scheme though. That was my absolute favorite.
    2018 Dodge Charger SXT Blacktop (Plum Crazy Purple)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ryannel2003 For This Useful Post:

samesun (06-16-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I say all that to say that GM has a price point where the car has to make money. U want leather lower door molding? Cadillac will have to raise that price. Again.. a Package sold as an upgrade on higher models should be implemented. $6K option.. customer pays for it and GM still makes $4K extra on it.. Give the magazines THAT model to test.. Caddy's rep soars
    100% agree. Cadillac absolutely needs to offer better/more interior colour choices REGARDLESS of trim.

I don’t like all black interiors. I love this look but it’s only available with the 3.6
    35022B49-72CC-43A6-A748-B7BBD68DED60.jpg

And the only choice other than black with the 3.0TT is cashmere/maple and that dash colour is unflattering in person

26. The Following User Says Thank You to samesun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    There is a person with high standards

28. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News