CT6 3.0tt review

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CT6 3.0tt review

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

CT6 3.0tt review

Love this car but in the review, he mentioned no power/massaging/ventilated rear seat. This used to be available so I checked out Cadillac website and sure enough, it seems Cadillac discontinued this option. Disappointing.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to samesun For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-15-2019),asrapid1 (06-16-2019),Cobaltss_King (06-15-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-15-2019),SKH (06-15-2019),SP1966 (06-15-2019),Vagon11 (06-15-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

Re: CT6 3.0tt review

It appears the massage/ventilated rear seats are standard on the 2020 Platinum (which now has V8) but not available on lesser trims. Assuming I'm reading fleet guide correctly:

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21809&type=0

Heated rear seats standard on Prem Lux.

Assuming they ever move production to another facility, I haven't heard anything on that lately...
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride: Maybe a 2020 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dannyg For This Useful Post:

megeebee (06-15-2019)

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,730 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

I just built a Sport online w/ rear entertainment, Supercruise, technology package, 3.0TT Chrystal white tint coat w/ Auburn/jet black interior. Heated cooled(?) ventilated seats. Basically the whole smear. $82K. Considering you could get a pretty good discount on that, it’s a phenomenal car for the price.

If these don’t sell there is no justice. Cadillac just need to get punters to the showroom. I think they could definitely poach a few 5 Series/E Class customers if they put in a little more effort into the marketing side.
    Last edited by SKH; 06-15-2019 at 12:56 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

Scrambler (06-16-2019),SP1966 (06-15-2019)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD Vette/16/blk

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    It appears the massage/ventilated rear seats are standard on the 2020 Platinum (which now has V8) but not available on lesser trims. Assuming I'm reading fleet guide correctly:

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21809&type=0

Heated rear seats standard on Prem Lux.

Assuming they ever move production to another facility, I haven't heard anything on that lately...
    Yes, fleet guide looks like standard on Platinum. I watched the review. Fairly balanced but always confused how people want a mushy ride over bumps and excellent response in cornering. I think he was on 20's too, which are almost always going to be very firm. You are almost riding on metal with a rubber band around it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vagon11 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-15-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

This guy is a bit of a nit picker. He keeps harping on about the dark interior and how he doesn’t like it. They offer dark Auburn/jet black. Get that lol! Cadillac should offer a minimum of four interior colors, but the two choices is likely because Cadillac knows the uptake on the other colors on a Sport perhaps wouldn’t be that great and this streamlines production. Anyhow Cadillac definitely needs to fix that little issue.
    Last edited by SKH; 06-15-2019 at 01:07 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-15-2019),samesun (06-15-2019),wallus13 (06-15-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Putting aside the issue of things like the door trims which could definitely be more opulent, and the limited interior color choices, this car is gorgeous. From an exterior standpoint, the E Class 5 Series can’t IMO hold a candle to the CT6.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,035 Times in 1,978 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I do agree with him on the exterior that it does have a nice presence to it. And like SKH says he's a bit of a nit picker, but did harp on the usual OMG hard plastic lower door trim. Over all it was a good review and really an impressive car er... automobile. I loved listening to it from the inside when he floored it too.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Maybe it’s different here in Canada but the rear seat package now only consists of entertainment, quad zone climate and ionizer. No mention of power and ventilated/massaging rear seats whatsoever.

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    I do agree with him on the exterior that it does have a nice presence to it. And like SKH says he's a bit of a nit picker, but did harp on the usual OMG hard plastic lower door trim. Over all it was a good review and really an impressive car er... automobile. I loved listening to it from the inside when he floored it too.
    My Discovery was about $76K sticker and it has really hard plastic below the armrest level and too many other areas. Cadillac and Land Rover I’m sure aren’t the only ones that place hard plastic in the nether regions.

I remember when looking at the CT6 around two years ago, that the finish on the CT6 hard plastic had a nice de glossed look that felt soft and only reveals itself as hard if someone taps on it.

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by samesun View Post
    Maybe it’s different here in Canada but the rear seat package now only consists of entertainment, quad zone climate and ionizer. No mention of power and ventilated/massaging rear seats whatsoever.
    Could be it is only standard on the Platinum or as an option on the Premium Luxury?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic
    Quote Originally Posted by samesun View Post
    It seems to be in Platinum, not sure about lower trims:

https://www.cadillaccanada.ca/conten...rochure_EN.pdf
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride: Maybe a 2020 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dannyg For This Useful Post:

samesun (06-16-2019)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD Vette/16/blk

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    Could be it is only standard on the Platinum or as an option on the Premium Luxury?
    On the US guide, Premium Lux has heated ventilated outboard rear seats standard and Platinum add massage. Both are standard with the lux level according to the guide.
    He definitely nit picked. The ding really upset him too. He also kept comparing to the S class which price wise is so far away. As others have said, the 6 is really an E class/5 class competitor. My big nit pick is when the lux manufacturers do LED brake lights/DRLS and opt for incandescent turn signals. It is really weird when you see the LED indicators on the mirrors with their instant on/off un-sync with the rear indicators because of their slow turn on/off. Similarly, the DRL snaps on/off and the front turn lights glow on/off.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,035 Times in 1,978 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

My Discovery was about $76K sticker and it has really hard plastic below the armrest level and too many other areas. Cadillac and Land Rover Iím sure arenít the only ones that place hard plastic in the nether regions.

I remember when looking at the CT6 around two years ago, that the finish on the CT6 hard plastic had a nice de glossed look that felt soft and only reveals itself as hard if someone taps on it.
    I still find it interesting that all the so and so's continually harp on this. To me it is an area that takes some of the most abuse and so why not something there that will hold up and be easier to clean.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

SKH (06-15-2019),SP1966 (06-15-2019),Vagon11 (06-15-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    I still find it interesting that all the so and so's continually harp on this. To me it is an area that takes some of the most abuse and so why not something there that will hold up and be easier to clean.
    I would say the CT6 lower plastic on the door bins/pockets has a nicer appearance than on the Discovery. As you said though, this is an area that gets routinely kicked, so being harder might make it more durable.

What’s frustrating is that with the CT6 MCE it is so close to being 100% competitive with the heavy hitters, that it makes you wonder what is stopping Cadillac from redoing certain parts of the interior. It certainly doesn’t need a complete interior overhaul as some have suggested.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-15-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,093 Posts

I would say the CT6 lower plastic on the door bins/pockets has a nicer appearance than on the Discovery. As you said though, this is an area that gets routinely kicked, so being harder might make it more durable.

What’s frustrating is that with the CT6 MCE it is so close to being 100% competitive with the heavy hitters, that it makes you wonder what is stopping Cadillac from redoing certain parts of the interior. It certainly doesn’t need a complete interior overhaul as some have suggested.
    Someone at the Rec Cen has a spreadsheet with a pie chart showing results from a focus group of know nothing shoppers. It's sad, but true, this is how GM makes their decisions.
    Last edited by NoStopN; 06-16-2019 at 06:31 AM.

26. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information