Corsair vs XT4: How they compare on paper - Page 5

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Corsair vs XT4: How they compare on paper

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Corsair vs XT4: How they compare on paper

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Part of the problem that you don't hear your kids talking about Cadillac is GM's marketing. When people hear I drive a Cadillac they mock me, until they see my ATS, then they have very favorable "that is cool" reactions. They have no idea what an ATS is, they have zero exposure to one. No one is going to talk about it if they don't know it exists. I've asked a few people what they pictured in their heads when I said I drive a Cadillac; they picture a giant, old mans barge. Cadillac needs to do more to get the word out. They need more Led Zep commercials to capture peoples attention on the tv. They need more youthful vehicles and commercials for the XT4 (which I think Cadillac, for once, is doing a great job marketing).

Cadillac needs to spend $$$ putting their cars into video games (maybe they do?) and inserting advertising where the kids go, GM needs to build awareness in the future generations.
    Interesting enough.. they are present and the kids know who they are even if GenX and older act the way they do when U mention it. I'm telling U.. a lot of young cats respect Cadillac more than we GENXs do.. and not just for the Vs and 'Slade. There was an article published at a SITE I WILL NOT NAME.. that went over the appeal of Caddy to younger Americans.. and the fact that Cadillac is seen as a young up and comer's car in China as well

My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears. Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Quote Originally Posted by Robert1969 View Post
    Competitors:

BMW X1 228 hp

Mercedes GLA 208hp

Lexus NX 235hp

Acura RDX 272hp

Infiniti QX50 268hp

The XT4 has 237hp
    Ford Escape 2.0 EB / 250 hp

Chevrolet Equinox 2.0T / 252 hp

Mazda CX-5 2.5T SA / 250 hp

Also keep in mind that many of the competition is powertrain limited, and offer the same 2.0T engines in more powerful variants.
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 523 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    Ford Escape 2.0 EB / 250 hp

Chevrolet Equinox 2.0T / 252 hp

Mazda CX-5 2.5T SA / 250 hp

Also keep in mind that many of the competition is powertrain limited, and offer the same 2.0T engines in more powerful variants.
    Exactly my point. Power, in itself, has absolutely nothing to do with the desirability and price worthiness. Stop counting horses.
    I am on the border of genius and crazy. I keep trying to cross over into genius, but ICE keeps sending me back to the crazy side of the border.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert1969 For This Useful Post:

samesun (04-25-2019),sdotjeezy (04-25-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert1969 View Post
    Exactly my point. Power, in itself, has absolutely nothing to do with the desirability and price worthiness. Stop counting horses.
    Thank You Very Much. Outside your performance variants, customers really don't care about horsepower. All they need is for acceleration to be "okay" under light-moderate throttle...rarely do normal people go full throttle.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 04-25-2019 at 04:56 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    The XT4 and Corsair are just so different in look, it's not as simple as one is bad or good but more like they are going to appeal very different buyers.

I clear that the Corsair has a more cohesive design in respect to Nautilus, Aviator and Navigator where as XT4, XT5, XT6 and Escalade look to have more individuality in their respective designs.

[/QUOTE]

Easy choice.

Corsair has more room, looks better inside and out IMHO, and has the gas door on the correct (Drivers side).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SierraGS For This Useful Post:

RAB (04-26-2019)

Walking
    Thanks

I own an XT4 and I love everything about the exterior, the interior and the size. What I dislike intensely is the engine/transmission. I drive mostly in city driving and from 20mph to about 35 mph the car just can't decide what gear it should be in. The ride is terrible for a Cadillac that costs in excess of 50K. We have a 2010 CTS that is far superior as a ride. Highway driving, the XT4 is just fine and meets expectations, but in the city, yuck!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jhatcher982 For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (04-26-2019),germeezy1 (04-26-2019)

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

The XT4 even disregarding power simply does not have a notable in any way powertrain.
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jhatcher982 View Post
    I own an XT4 and I love everything about the exterior, the interior and the size. What I dislike intensely is the engine/transmission. I drive mostly in city driving and from 20mph to about 35 mph the car just can't decide what gear it should be in. The ride is terrible for a Cadillac that costs in excess of 50K. We have a 2010 CTS that is far superior as a ride. Highway driving, the XT4 is just fine and meets expectations, but in the city, yuck!
    I would have assumed that a person would have noticed this apparent “terrible” ride and transmission issues on the test drive.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 523 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    The XT4 even disregarding power simply does not have a notable in any way powertrain.
    Numerous outlets including Car and Driver which had its fair share of criticism of the XT4, complimented the XT4’s powertrain as smooth and refined.

The XT4's new engine, for starters, makes a good first impression. Producing 237 horsepower at 5000 rpm and 258 lb-ft of torque from 1500 to 4000 rpm, this turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four is so smooth and quiet we found ourselves regularly checking the tachometer to see if it was running. And even at full throttle, it is almost disconcertingly quiet and vibration free.
    Cadillac's new nine-speed automatic transmission has a wide ratio spread that includes a supershort first gear, enabling satisfyingly quick launches, and an extratall top gear to help it achieve what Cadillac claims is the best efficiency-to-horsepower quotient in its class. You have to be really listening for the shifts to notice them, and even when aggressive driving prompts the transmission to raise its shift points and alter its shift logic, the gearchanges remain relaxed.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ossover-drive/
    I am on the border of genius and crazy. I keep trying to cross over into genius, but ICE keeps sending me back to the crazy side of the border.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information