Corsair vs XT4: How they compare on paper - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corsair vs XT4: How they compare on paper

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: Corsair vs XT4: How they compare on paper

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    The XT4 engine reaches peak torque at 1500 rpm through 4000. When does the Lincoln? Do we know if the XT4 can fit a V6?

Somebody must be measuring the cargo volume differently. That's too big a difference.
    Here's what Consumer Reports says about the XT4's engine:

The engine and transmission promptly deliver strong power. The XT4 doesn't hesitate the way many turbo-powered vehicles tend to.
    The somewhat more horsepower of the Corsair may appeal to buyers who like their decisions made by the claimed horsepower numbers. But for day to day driveability, the XT4 wins.

A shame that they didn't include Forward Collision Alert standard on the XT4. CR really dinged them for that.
    Barry
    '04 Nocturne Blue Saab 9-3 2.0T, 1997 Catera (11/96 - 6/13)
    '13 Black Diamond / Black Regal T

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,644 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    The XT4 engine reaches peak torque at 1500 rpm through 4000. When does the Lincoln? Do we know if the XT4 can fit a V6?

Somebody must be measuring the cargo volume differently. That's too big a difference.
    I was wondering the same, how is the cargo volume so much less on the Cadillac. I was wondering about the heights. Though the physical height from the ground to the top are the same, is the interior height the same? Meaning is the floor of the Corsair lower than the Caddy, therefore accounting for the big difference?

Thanks
    My Ride
    '09 Ford Flex; '18 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    By all appearances both are competitive with the class leaders which is a nice change of pace. I think they're both really good looking on the outside, but favor the Lincoln's interior a bit over the Cadillac's. I'm not sure the 2.3T really moves the needle much for Lincoln, but a future Grand Touring like PHEV could do wonders!

What surprises me is how the Corsair looks like a much longer vehicle while the XT4 looks short and boxy, and yet is longer by half an inch.
    The GT/PHEV is coming - apparently it'll be out 6 months after debut, so they didn't include it in the debut to generate buzz later on. It was actually shown in some of the photos Lincoln showed (you can see the charge port door).

Quote Originally Posted by Dovetonsils View Post

The somewhat more horsepower of the Corsair may appeal to buyers who like their decisions made by the claimed horsepower numbers. But for day to day driveability, the XT4 wins.

A shame that they didn't include Forward Collision Alert standard on the XT4. CR really dinged them for that.
    Lol huh? Amazing you know how Corsair drives!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rmc523 For This Useful Post:

CJH (04-23-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 Times in 2,286 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

How do we know for day to day driving the XT4 wins? The Corsair hasn't been driven yet.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

CJH (04-23-2019)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Oh come on. You have no idea how the tuning of the transmission and engine in the Corsair contributes to day to day driveability. It is completely ridiculous to make such a claim at this point.
    Last edited by Serpens; 04-23-2019 at 11:16 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serpens For This Useful Post:

CJH (04-23-2019)

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,452 Times in 3,745 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Simply based on looks and what we know about the two right now, I'd buy the XT4 without hesitating. To me, it's the superior design both inside and out. As far as driving dynamics go, I couldn't give a **** less since it's a small CUV and not a sports sedan, but I would wager that the Cadillac would take a curve better than the comfort-orientated Lincoln, as that's what their brand seems to be going for, and that's how their recent products drive/are tuned like.

Stuff the Lincoln's up-level motor in the XT4 and you'd have the ultimate small luxury CUV IMHO.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,452 Times in 3,745 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

XT4 really is a beautiful design.

Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (04-23-2019),Dheart (04-23-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (04-23-2019),ryannel2003 (04-23-2019)

Thanks

Caddy CUVs and Lincoln CUVs have very different approaches to design. The weird thing is that the Caddy is the least Germanic among the utilities, while the opposite is true at Lincoln. Lincoln CUVs (including the updated Nautilus) have a European shilouette with the longer flatter hoods, horizontal belt-lines, prestige gaps, and smoother surfacing. The XT4/XT5/XT6 on the other hand are very short wedge-shaped cab-forward FWD designs with a more hatchback rather than wagon-like profile with more informal linear surfacing. The Lincolns look much more formal and upscale which to some looks fussy, but appeals to tradition luxury customers. Lincoln SUVs are also far more performance oriented than Caddy's so you see vastly superior drivetrains and chassis engineering for Lincoln utilities, while again it's a completely opposite story among the sedans. There is just a colossal engineering gap between the two companies when it comes to SUVs. Caddy is just investing much more into sedans while Lincoln is focusing entirely on utilities. I don't think Caddy is wrong, they likely look at these customers very differently. The good thing is that neither company really seems to care what the other is doing since their approaches are so fundamentally different. Caddy's future is in upscale sedans, Lincoln's future is in upscale utilities.
    Last edited by BORG; 04-23-2019 at 02:31 PM.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    I would still get the Cadillac. Lincoln is too much of a grandma brand.
    Says someone that owns two soccer Mom vehicles? #OhOkay **rolls eyes**
    RedSkyBlackDream

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedSkyBlackDream For This Useful Post:

CJH (04-23-2019),Extreme4x4 (04-26-2019),sdotjeezy (04-23-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    By all appearances both are competitive with the class leaders which is a nice change of pace. I think they're both really good looking on the outside, but favor the Lincoln's interior a bit over the Cadillac's. I'm not sure the 2.3T really moves the needle much for Lincoln, but a future Grand Touring like PHEV could do wonders!

What surprises me is how the Corsair looks like a much longer vehicle while the XT4 looks short and boxy, and yet is longer by half an inch.
    Probably because the Caddy is probably 6 inches wider. The XT4 is really wide for the segment.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (04-23-2019)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BORG View Post
    Caddy CUVs and Lincoln CUVs have very different approaches to design. The weird thing is that the Caddy is the least Germanic among the utilities, while the opposite is true at Lincoln. Lincoln CUVs (including the updated Nautilus) have a European shilouette with the longer flatter hoods, horizontal belt-lines, prestige gaps, and smoother surfacing. The XT4/XT5/XT6 on the other hand are very short wedge-shaped cab-forward FWD designs with a more hatchback rather than wagon-like profile with more informal linear surfacing. The Lincolns look much more formal and upscale which to some looks fussy, but appeals to tradition luxury customers. Lincoln SUVs are also far more performance oriented than Caddy's so you see vastly superior drivetrains and chassis engineering for Lincoln utilities, while again it's a completely opposite story among the sedans. There is just a colossal engineering gap between the two companies when it comes to SUVs. Caddy is just investing much more into sedans while Lincoln is focusing entirely on utilities. I don't think Caddy is wrong, they likely look at these customers very differently. The good thing is that neither company really seems to care what the other is doing since their approaches are so fundamentally different. Caddy's future is in upscale sedans, Lincoln's future is in upscale utilities.
    There is no future in upscale sedans

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Probably because the Caddy is probably 6 inches wider. The XT4 is really wide for the segment.
    Whoa! I thought they were identical in width.

#Sidenote Isn't Lincoln getting a version of that all electric Ford Mach crossover? Thought I read that somewhere.
    RedSkyBlackDream

21. The Following User Says Thank You to RedSkyBlackDream For This Useful Post:

gp56 (04-30-2019)

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    I would still get the Cadillac. Lincoln is too much of a grandma brand.
    So is Cadillac, they just want to be a "Yuppie's Car" like BMW. Cadillac has been searching, but now they are neither a Grand Ma's or a Yuppie's Car Brand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post
    Whoa! I thought they were identical in width.

#Sidenote Isn't Lincoln getting a version of that all electric Ford Mach crossover? Thought I read that somewhere.
    I lied BTW....the XT4 is only 2 inches wider than the 19 Escape. Probably should've looked it up first. Doesn't change that the XT4 does look a lot wider, maybe its the styling.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post
    Yep.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Serpens For This Useful Post:

27. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information