Corsair vs XT4: How they compare on paper

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corsair vs XT4: How they compare on paper

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 900 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Corsair vs XT4: How they compare on paper

2020 Lincoln Corsair vs 2019 Cadillac XT4: How they compare on paper
    The crosstown crossover battle
    JOEL STOCKSDALE
    Apr 18th 2019
    autoblog.com

NEW YORK — The 2020 Lincoln Corsair compact crossover has just been introduced at the New York Auto Show. It replaces the aging MKC and will be facing a competitive market, one that already has a fresh American rival. Just last year, Cadillac launched the XT4, the company's smallest crossover. With these crosstown contenders offering such new entries in the same segment, we figured we should compare their specs.

We'll take a look at each vehicle's horsepower, torque, fuel economy, space, pricing and some slightly more subjective aspects about their luxuriousness and feature sets. You'll find all the nitty gritty numbers below, followed by more detailed analysis. And if you'd like to compare other luxury crossovers, be sure to check out our comparison tool.

CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE
    "La vita è come un albero di Natale..c'è sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 900 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Re: Corsair vs XT4: How they compare on paper

Sounds to me as though the Lincoln has done their homework and has brought their A-game to the market.

Quote Originally Posted by autoblog.com
    Both the Corsair and XT4 come standard with turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engines, but the Corsair's is more potent with 250 horsepower and 275 pound-feet compared with the 237 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of the Cadillac. And to seal the deal, the Corsair has an optional turbo 2.3-liter engine with 280 horsepower and 310 pound-feet of torque. Both vehicles have standard front-wheel drive with optional all-wheel drive on the base engines. The 2.3-liter Corsair has all-wheel drive standard. The Cadillac does boast an extra cog in its transmission over the Corsair's eight-speed automatic.
    The Lincoln wins in this department, right out of the gate. Anyone know if a more powerful, optional engine is on the horizon for the XT4?
    Quote Originally Posted by autoblog.com
    We've spent some time in the cabins of both crossovers, and we prefer the Lincoln. The XT4 certainly has some nice leather and soft-touch plastics, but the large, dark panels give it a drab and dull look. In contrast, the Lincoln has a brighter, more airy feel thanks to the low dash that's broken up into multiple layers, as well as plenty of contrasting colors and textures from different shades of leather to the chrome accents.
    Plenty of people have criticized the XT4's interior as drab and uninspiring. Unfortunately, that design theme is now being carried over to the CT5, and will undoubtedly get adopted in the CT4.

While I'm sure that the materials and fit n' finish in the XT4 are great (and probably the same in the CT5), it's the design language that's ultimately lacking. What's frustrating on this front is that Lincoln's current interior design theme (not to mention other competitors) has not been a closely guarded secret. The interior on the Continental is the oldest in Lincoln's lineup, and it's a solid, attractive, and luxurious looking place to spend time.

Why hasn't anyone at GM Design taken notice and made changes in turn?
    Last edited by nadepalma; 04-22-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    "La vita è come un albero di Natale..c'è sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nadepalma For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (04-22-2019)

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

It is nice to see the effort that is being put into making class competitive vehicles out of Detroit.

With that said, I am sure this thread will be a real train wreck.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dratnol For This Useful Post:

CJH (04-23-2019),dslay04 (04-22-2019),SP1966 (04-22-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Greg Burr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 Ford Mustang Pony

So no difference that would cause someone to change their opinion

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,180 Times in 2,406 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

The crazy thing is that I like them both!!! The XT4 needs to just get some safety equipment standard when compared to the Corsair and it should win. I like it's design better for most of the vehicle. Crazy how much more storage area the Corsair has though.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks
    Corsair looks like a mini Aviator with even more awkward proportions. The XT4 is, in my opinion, better looking. The interior of the XT4 or any of the new Cadillacs is the a decisive split. Some like the over the topness of the Lincoln.. Some like the minimalistic approach of the Cadillacs. BlackGTP pointed this out in another thread.

Now power trains? Lincoln went a step further and it's plain to see. It might be inconsequential in performance as the XT4 is most likely to be lighter and has a more sophisticated transmission.. But Cadillac shouldn't be limiting the choice of engines to one when they clearly have alternatives. The 2.0 will probably be in line with the Corsair's base.. But that optional engine should be countered with a more powerful tuned 2.0 or the 2.7L.
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special Hidden Content

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (04-22-2019),Dheart (04-23-2019),jzchev28 (04-23-2019)

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,223 Posts

I don't think Cadillac needs to change anything with the XT4s interior. I don't think "drab and dull" are remotely descriptive of it. It's attractive and well executed.

XT4 should have a more powerful engine option.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ksr For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (04-22-2019),Dheart (04-23-2019),jzchev28 (04-23-2019)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 91fairladyZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 GMC Acadia SLT2 Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post
    I don't think Cadillac needs to change anything with the XT4s interior. I don't think "drab and dull" are remotely descriptive of it. It's attractive and well executed.

Saw a black sport Easter Sunday and that is anything but drab. The main thing the XT4 needs is more safety equipment std as it's expected nowadays and there needs to be more power on tap for those that want it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 91fairladyZ For This Useful Post:

Dheart (04-23-2019),jzchev28 (04-23-2019)

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,324 Times in 1,085 Posts

By all appearances both are competitive with the class leaders which is a nice change of pace. I think they're both really good looking on the outside, but favor the Lincoln's interior a bit over the Cadillac's. I'm not sure the 2.3T really moves the needle much for Lincoln, but a future Grand Touring like PHEV could do wonders!

What surprises me is how the Corsair looks like a much longer vehicle while the XT4 looks short and boxy, and yet is longer by half an inch.
    Last edited by SP1966; 04-22-2019 at 03:40 PM.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post

Agreed. I'm not impressed with the display stuck on the Corsair dash.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,839 Times in 1,859 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    The crazy thing is that I like them both!!! The XT4 needs to just get some safety equipment standard when compared to the Corsair and it should win. I like it's design better for most of the vehicle. Crazy how much more storage area the Corsair has though.
    I mirror your sentiment, but tend to favor the new Corsair more. OTOH when it come to Cadillac's duo I prefer the XT5 more.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,599 Times in 3,851 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

As noted above, I don't think the two will be cross shopped much due to their very different character, both inside and out. Cadillac is going after the BMW customer and Lincoln the Mercedes buyer. I'm thinking BMW and Mercedes don't get cross shopped much.

I like the XT4 (no surprise there), but I'm glad that the Corsair is hitting the market. Hopefully it will force GM to offer a bigger engine (and I really hope GM already had one in the works) and stop with their strategy of charging extra for the safety equipment.

The Lincoln also offers lane-centering, which the Cadillac lacks
    Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning - right off Cadillac's website, I assume this is the same as lane centering. This is an available option on the XT4.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,599 Times in 3,851 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Where is all of this additional space coming from in the Corsair? That is a lot of additional cargo space.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    As noted above, I don't think the two will be cross shopped much due to their very different character, both inside and out. Cadillac is going after the BMW customer and Lincoln the Mercedes buyer. I'm thinking BMW and Mercedes don't get cross shopped much.

I like the XT4 (no surprise there), but I'm glad that the Corsair is hitting the market. Hopefully it will force GM to offer a bigger engine (and I really hope GM already had one in the works) and stop with their strategy of charging extra for the safety equipment.

Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning - right off Cadillac's website, I assume this is the same as lane centering. This is an available option on the XT4.
    Yes.. I thought that that was just their way of naming it so I looked it up.. from Lincoln's website:

The lane keeping system uses a camera mounted behind the windshield’s rear view mirror to monitor road lane markings and detect unintentional drifting toward the outside of a lane. If the camera detects an impending unintentional drift, the system will use the steering system and the instrument cluster display to alert and/or aid you to stay in your lane.
    This is definitely the same thing. Believe me... even in my Yukon when I got it back in '14 it scared me to death.. thought the truck was haunted. Hell.. Chevy has had it for a while to.. here's a video

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (04-22-2019)

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 556 Posts
    My Ride
    '18 Dodge Charger SXT Blacktop

I actually prefer the XT4 interior as I find the Lincoln incredibly overwrought. I do think Cadillac should offer a more powerful engine option though.
    2018 Dodge Charger SXT Blacktop (Plum Crazy Purple)

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ryannel2003 For This Useful Post:

Envoy4Life (04-23-2019),jzchev28 (04-23-2019),ral1960 (04-23-2019)

25. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information