Cadillac XT6 Reviews

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac XT6 Reviews

News Contributor Premium Member EJD1984's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,186 Times in 1,079 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra

Cadillac XT6 Reviews

2020 Cadillac XT6 is a comfortable ride with plenty of room, even for big families
    Detroit Free Press
    Mark Phelan
    July 29, 2019

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Cadillac is playing catch-up — and playing reasonably well — as it rolls out the new 2020 XT6 SUV, a six- or seven-seater meant compete with established models like the Acura MDX, Audi Q7, Infiniti QX60 Lexus RX 350L and Volvo XC90. The upcoming 2020 Lincoln Aviator also promises to be a formidable competitor.

Arriving in dealerships now, the good-looking XT6 offers seating for six or seven and a choice or front or all-wheel drive. Cadillac builds the XT6 in Spring Hill, Tennessee, and Shanghai, China. XT6s sold in the United States and Canada will come from Tennessee.

China and North America are very different, but it turns out we like a lot of the same things in cars. Cadillac’s research said luxury buyers in both places want a maneuverable SUV that's easy to park with three rows of comfortable seats. Comfort and ease getting in and out of the third row got special attention because it’s not uncommon in Chinese extended families for children in child seats to ride in the middle row while grandparents use the rear seat.

The 2020 Cadillac XT6: Better than an Escalade in every way
    Super Cruise will be available from next year, but there's no hybrid option.
    ARS Technica
    Jonathan M. Gitlin
    7/29/2019

The Cadillac Escalade has much to answer for. Would the luxury SUV have become quite such a thing absent that body-on-frame behemoth? Few vehicles have been such cash cows for their makers, either; consider how long ago the R&D for that platform must have been amortized.

The XT6 was first seen at this year's Detroit auto show in January. I find it handsome; a well-proportioned two-box shape that looks current without being too imposing. That should probably be read as a compliment to the design team, for the XT6 is just over 16.5 feet (5050mm) long. (The vehicle's full dimensions are 77.3in./1964mm wide, 68.9in./1750mm tall, and a 112.7in./2863mm wheelbase.) The narrow LED headlights contribute to the effect, as do the 21-inch wheels worn by all the media test cars. I'm old enough to remember when 18-inch wheels were the preserve of race cars, considered too big for anything street legal; after talking with the designers, I'm not sure those days are ever coming back.
    Escalade Gets Company! The 2020 Cadillac XT6
    Driven Car Reviews

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EJD1984 For This Useful Post:

AMERICA 123 (08-04-2019),BlackGTP (07-29-2019),Cobaltss_King (07-29-2019),dannyg (07-29-2019),Dheart (07-29-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: Cadillac XT6 Reviews

Reviews are better than I expected given how many folks online have been whining about how bad this car is.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ranchman For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (07-29-2019),CMiatso DaBang (07-30-2019),Dheart (07-29-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,848 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Considering the harping here, this is a pleasant surprise indeed.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,578 Times in 1,195 Posts

Automobile also had a positive review.

I rode in one recently, shuttled back to my home while my car was in for service. The interior was very nice, and the ride was comfortable and VERY quiet.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,050 Times in 1,889 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Considering the harping here, this is a pleasant surprise indeed.
    i mean...... this is GMI. People hate everything and anything GM will launch.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dslay04 For This Useful Post:

Dheart (07-29-2019),IROCNROL1 (07-29-2019),Robert1969 (08-02-2019),SKH (07-29-2019)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,136 Times in 2,385 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Cadillac’s new SUV is responsive, comfortable and quick, but breaks no new ground in a segment already crowded with strong vehicles.

Late to the party and bringing nothing fun. Yea.....that's a good combination. Cadillac is going to sell the XT6 to Cadillac people.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (07-29-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,540 Times in 3,817 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by ranchman View Post
    Reviews are better than I expected given how many folks online have been whining about how bad this car is.
    If the Aviator outsells the XT6 by a wide margin it will have very little to do with the hp, it will be because it caters to families/soccer Mom's better. Though I do think the XT6 and Aviator will appeal to different types of customers. XT6 is clearly soccer mom/family, where I can see the Aviator interesting men because of the power. However, I think Mom's opinion rules the roost for such vehicles and the XT6 will get the nod.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Late to the party and bringing nothing fun. Yea.....that's a good combination. Cadillac is going to sell the XT6 to Cadillac people.
    Who buys minivans because they are fun?

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,578 Times in 1,195 Posts

Not every vehicle is going to break "new ground." Whatever "new ground" even is. There's only so much new ground to be broken. They all have four wheels, two or three rows of seats, etc.

Just having an entry in this size category is a good thing. You can gain some buyers who would have looked elsewhere had they not offered this.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

https://www.thecarconnection.com/ove...illac_xt6_2020

Second-row riders get nearly 40 inches of leg room, which is on par with others in its class such as the Acura MDX. We can’t vouch for the bench seats, which we haven’t tested, but the captain’s chairs in six-passenger XT6s are as nicely pocketed as those in front; it’s like being caught by Cal Ripken Jr. and then finding his mitt has fold-down armrests. The chairs slide forward for row-three access, but we’ll warn you now, the back seats are limited. Third-row adult passengers get a scant 29.5 inches of leg room and hard plastic armrests to go with a knees-up seat position, though head room is fine. Nearly any rider will find the low seat cushion a long-trip inconvenience.
    I am reading this correct, right? The second nor third row recline??

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Who buys minivans because they are fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post
    Not every vehicle is going to break "new ground." Whatever "new ground" even is. There's only so much new ground to be broken. They all have four wheels, two or three rows of seats, etc.

Just having an entry in this size category is a good thing. You can gain some buyers who would have looked elsewhere had they not offered this.
    SuperCruise would have been a huge buzz saw of awesomeness to bake into the XT6. Yea, they throw in a lot of standard safety features but gonna charge you $700 for any real paint color. Plus, when Hyundai is giving things such as a reclining third row, diffused air vents (new for the industry), heated and VENTILATED first and second row seats it makes you wonder where GM was aiming. It's a double. That's all. It will sell but it could have been more.

Sorry, the XT6 could have been so much better than what was delivered. I understand that GM wanted to get it here as fast as possible and get the biggest ROI possible but it's just something that lacks feeling from Cadillac.

And no, 12 cubic feet of space with the third row up is not plenty of room for large families. That's pretty terrible.

Thanks
    My Ride

SuperCruise would have been a huge buzz saw of awesomeness to bake into the XT6. Yea, they throw in a lot of standard safety features but gonna charge you $700 for any real paint color. Plus, when Hyundai is giving things such as a reclining third row, diffused air vents (new for the industry), heated and VENTILATED first and second row seats it makes you wonder where GM was aiming. It's a double. That's all. It will sell but it could have been more.

Sorry, the XT6 could have been so much better than what was delivered. I understand that GM wanted to get it here as fast as possible and get the biggest ROI possible but it's just something that lacks feeling from Cadillac.

And no, 12 cubic feet of space with the third row up is not plenty of room for large families. That's pretty terrible.
    I question SuperCruise being a big draw on the XT6 because of the target audience - Soccer Mom's. I suspect that category just wants everything to work with no gee whiz gizmo's. I could be wrong, but from my own experience I don't see such a feature attracting most women.

And I do agree that the XT6 is not an exciting vehicle, but GM tried handling/sporty with the original SRX and that didn't get it anywhere. But I do agree that it needs Omega like bones just for pedigree. And I do also think the XT6 needs a higher hp option. But I do not think the XT6 will make or break Cadillac's reputation, it is not the end of the world like GMI makes it out to be. It is a nice vehicle that will resound with its target market, driving enthusiasts are not its target market.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

Dheart (07-29-2019)

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that’s it’s first job especially with the amount of XT5 owners out there. The XT4 will offer a better value at close to the same size. The XT6 offers more room without being difficult to maneuver in the city. Lease deals will drive its success. All things look favorable.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 12’ Infiniti M37S
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I question SuperCruise being a big draw on the XT6 because of the target audience - Soccer Mom's. I suspect that category just wants everything to work with no gee whiz gizmo's. I could be wrong, but from my own experience I don't see such a feature attracting most women.

And I do agree that the XT6 is not an exciting vehicle, but GM tried handling/sporty with the original SRX and that didn't get it anywhere. But I do agree that it needs Omega like bones just for pedigree. And I do also think the XT6 needs a higher hp option. But I do not think the XT6 will make or break Cadillac's reputation, it is not the end of the world like GMI makes it out to be. It is a nice vehicle that will resound with its target market, driving enthusiasts are not its target market.
    I know my wife doesn't trust any type of driving aids but once used to them she understands what they are for. When we drove the Palisade she hated trusting the lane centering but once she let it work she thought it was the coolest thing. Same with the adaptive cruise control. However, when we left, that was all she could talk about. You do know how much soccer moms travel right?

It's not just women that Cadillac needs to attract. It's customers in general. I mean, if 90% of the customers come from an XT5 or Escalade that's not too good of a thing either.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

What crossover brings anything new to the party? Family haulers/ soccermom cars

23. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information