Cadillac XT6 Continues To Disappoint; Fuel Economy Numbers Are Out - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac XT6 Continues To Disappoint; Fuel Economy Numbers Are Out

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,262 Times in 637 Posts
    My Ride
    E93, STS, MX5, CRV

Re: Cadillac XT6 Continues To Disappoint; Fuel Economy Numbers Are Out

Sadly, not much effort is required to make money in this segment.
    "The Artist Formerly Known As Jesda"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jesda1 For This Useful Post:

bballr4567 (05-24-2019),gkr778 (05-24-2019),mbukukanyau (05-24-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

C'mon, let Lincoln have this one guys, they actually did a great job on the Aviator (and the big Navi) after many years of utterly miserably disappointing products. I'm not biased either and unlike many posters/members here you'll see me thanking both pro GM and anti GM posts. Looks the boys at Cadillac look like they had a really small budget to work with on the XT6 which is a shame.

I won't buy one though till I know they're better than what Ford passes off for quality on the current Explorers. We're still bouncing between a sedan or SUV to replace our Q7, if it's going to be a SUV the Aviator is high on the list if its proved to be well constructed.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,066 Times in 3,648 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by jesda1 View Post
    No one cares much about fuel economy in this segment.

But the styling and interior need some help. It doesnt look expensive enough to me.

But I still prefer its looks to the Q5 and Q7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert1969 View Post
    Cadillac haters are going to have conniptions over this, but this car is going to be a big hit. I predict great ride and handling balance and very quiet interior with great isolation from the outside world. I never really thought luxury car buyers give many ****s about MPG. Cadillac’s biggest mistakes of the past was in selling out to gas mileage. Does anyone remember the 3rd gen Seville?

This car is gonna rock the sales charts. And I want to point out to GMIers is that you all already pronounced the law of car judgments is that whichever vehicle tops the sales charts is the best vehicle.
    It doesn't photograph well, I'll go even farther and say this new version of A&S does not photograph well as a lot of the interesting detail and surfacing doesn't show up in pictures. I was pleased when I saw the XT6 and CT5 at the NY Auto Show. Is the XT6 groundbreaking? No, absolutely not. But it is a strong entry into a segment that doesn't ask for excitement.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (05-25-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,958 Times in 1,627 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    1) Its a ACURA.. not a CADILLAC.. thus the price difference is justified. ALSO.. THE CADDY is LARGER. Go figure that it would get a WHOLE 1MPG less than the Honda.
    Makes me wonder if they've ever sat in or driven an Acura.
    I've sat in all of them and driven most and the only one that's worth a crap is the RLX, a dated car with very nice interior materials that no one wants.
    I'd take a non-sport RLX over the lower two trim levels of XTS but it doesn't compare to a Platinum.
    It's priced accordingly, a nice car for what it is. They're great deals as used cars.

The other ones are noisy and lacking in ride quality with so-so interiors.
    The TLX in particular was a huge disappointment. I'd choose an MKZ over it every time.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award

2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to eaton53 For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (05-24-2019)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
    1) Its a ACURA.. not a CADILLAC.. thus the price difference is justified. ALSO.. THE CADDY is LARGER. Go figure that it would get a WHOLE 1MPG less than the Honda.
    Makes me wonder if they've ever sat in or driven an Acura.
    I've sat in all of them and driven most and the only one that's worth a crap is the RLX, a dated car with very nice interior materials that no one wants.
    I'd take a non-sport RLX over the lower two trim levels of XTS but it doesn't compare to a Platinum.
    It's priced accordingly, a nice car for what it is. They're great deals as used cars.

The other ones are noisy and lacking in ride quality with so-so interiors.
    The TLX in particular was a huge disappointment. I'd choose an MKZ over it every time.
    To try and belittle Cadillac, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy literally got his CTS in hopes of finding something wrong.. Only he couldn't.. And that pissed him off so much he had to resort to dogging out its key fob. So the comparison between the completely boring and bland faded Acura and the XT6 was the ultimate go to.

BTW.. I'm tired of hearing that the pricing in the vehicle is too high. It's not. It's exactly where it should be over the XT5, which has proven to be very successful. The only issue I have with the XT6 is that it absolutely needs an optional engine above the regular 3.6L
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears. Hidden Content

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (05-25-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jzchev28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,102 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Silverado Z71 Blue Topaz

This is the problem with this site, we have mod's that will go out of their way to post a trashing article so it shows up in the news ticker. Yet articles like this waste away in the suggested section https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/...1500-a-293391/

Welcome to biased news

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jzchev28 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (05-25-2019),91fairladyZ (05-24-2019),BlackGTP (05-24-2019),CMiatso DaBang (05-24-2019),Cobaltss_King (05-24-2019),eastcoasthd (05-24-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 2,095 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

To try and belittle Cadillac, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy literally got his CTS in hopes of finding something wrong.. Only he couldn't.. And that pissed him off so much he had to resort to dogging out its key fob. So the comparison between the completely boring and bland faded Acura and the XT6 was the ultimate go to.

BTW.. I'm tired of hearing that the pricing in the vehicle is too high. It's not. It's exactly where it should be over the XT5, which has proven to be very successful. The only issue I have with the XT6 is that it absolutely needs an optional engine above the regular 3.6L
    The irony with XT6 is that Lincoln fans have been calling for a D3 based Aviator for years to replace the poor selling MKT. Anyone familiar with the FWD/AWD Explorer will quickly recognize similarities between it and the Cadillac XT6. External dimensions are near on identical but shifting to the interior and the Explorer has about 3" more shoulder room.

So given the above and the efficiency and power available from the 3.6 and 9-speed auto, the 3.6 XT6 should sell reasonably well even at the price premiumm in spite of RWD Aviator.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 570 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Low MPG is always a sign of too small an engine or too much weight. Caddie needs to pull out that 3.0L Turbo or many XT6's will sit on the lots.
    3.6L has more than enough power and I won't buy a car with a premium fuel requirement.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,967 Times in 2,288 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jesda1 View Post
    Sadly, not much effort is required to make money in this segment.
    And people think that GM doesn't know this. They're after the free money.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,967 Times in 2,288 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Robert1969 View Post
    Cadillac haters are going to have conniptions over this, but this car is going to be a big hit. I predict great ride and handling balance and very quiet interior with great isolation from the outside world. I never really thought luxury car buyers give many ****s about MPG. Cadillac’s biggest mistakes of the past was in selling out to gas mileage. Does anyone remember the 3rd gen Seville?

This car is gonna rock the sales charts. And I want to point out to GMIers is that you all already pronounced the law of car judgments is that whichever vehicle tops the sales charts is the best vehicle.
    I truly wonder how cannibalistic the XT6 is going to be on the Escalade at this point.

And to all you that say that MPG doesn't matter in this class, you bet it does. If rich people can not stop at the gas station they wont.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 3,115 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    C'mon, let Lincoln have this one guys, they actually did a great job on the Aviator (and the big Navi) after many years of utterly miserably disappointing products. I'm not biased either and unlike many posters/members here you'll see me thanking both pro GM and anti GM posts. Looks the boys at Cadillac look like they had a really small budget to work with on the XT6 which is a shame.

I won't buy one though till I know they're better than what Ford passes off for quality on the current Explorers. We're still bouncing between a sedan or SUV to replace our Q7, if it's going to be a SUV the Aviator is high on the list if its proved to be well constructed.
    From a car guy standpoint, Lincoln seems to have the better product, from a Business standpoint, Cadillac already did the Lincoln thing with the SRX.
    From a Chassis tuning, no one has driven either, Remember Cadillac is debuting a new Suspension technology with XT6, if you drove the Saab’s and Mazda’s of the early to mid 2000; you know for sure FWD does not necessarily take away from the commuter driving experience.

But hey, Lincoln has a good product

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (05-24-2019),BlackGTP (05-24-2019),CMiatso DaBang (05-24-2019)

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

CMI!! It's been way too long, so glad to see you back on a forum. I agree that this needs an optional engine, like the TTV6. For those think this is an Aviator competitor clearly don't know who Cadillac is targeting with this. The XT6 is really more like a spiritual successor to the first gen SRX with a more wagon like profile and feel.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PastorChevyGuy For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (05-24-2019)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    From a car guy standpoint, Lincoln seems to have the better product, from a Business standpoint, Cadillac already did the Lincoln thing with the SRX.
    From a Chassis tuning, no one has driven either, Remember Cadillac is debuting a new Suspension technology with XT6, if you drove the Saab’s and Mazda’s of the early to mid 2000; you know for sure FWD does not necessarily take away from the commuter driving experience.

But hey, Lincoln has a good product
    You're right, Caddy did a RWD crossover first w/ the SRX, but don't you think that it's failure had nothing to do w/ it being RWD and more w/ it looking like this:

My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

bballr4567 (05-24-2019),Extreme4x4 (05-25-2019),jpd80 (05-25-2019)

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 Kia Soul Turbo/ 2018 CX-5

I really don't think the fuel economy numbers are that bad. Are they great? No, but they are right where anyone would expect them to be for this powertrain.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjd1001 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (05-25-2019),BlackGTP (05-24-2019)

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Wow, talk about ignorant. You just can't accept that someone, who not only owns a CTS but has owned other Cadillacs, isn't impressed with the direction they are going or on tangible quality issues. Further, you were the one that brought Acura into the discussion not him.

I guess when the mark of a vehicle's powertrain excellence is unknowingly getting out accelerated by an Impala on the street, then I guess I shouldn't expect much substance in any of your posts.

In the words of dslay04, grow up.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dratnol For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (05-24-2019),Extreme4x4 (05-25-2019),Let Them Fail (05-24-2019)

28. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information